LOGAN TANKING - BOX OFFICE BUST

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2017/film/asia/china-box-office-logan-scores-48-million-opening-1202002469/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>comparing it to deadpool

One is a raunchy comedy and the other is a bleak depressing movie about dying old men.

>Deadpool broke records for February
>Logan broke records for March

FOX rocking the casbah even if it make less than Deadpool it will still be a massive success and make them take more risks rather than less, pretty sure Jackedman is more popular overseas too so it will clean up internationally more than DP overall

>Budget $97 million[2]
>Box office $300.6 million[3]

this confuses and terrifies the DCuck

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HOW MANY OSCARS DO YOU HAVE AGAIN?!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BRAAAAAAAAPPPPP
TEEHEE
;_;

Logan is an actual good movie, and Deadpool is an edgy "comedy" for 14 year olds.

Nothing, this is still great for Logan. Also deadpool was a meme comedy while Logan was a more serious superhero movie. Plus, while they're both still capeshit, Logan will always be looked better at than deadpool

It's doing well in China. Jackman is apparently a big star there

People fear what they don't understand

>tfw i thought it was just memes that everyone was seeing their theater laughed during the scene where logan beats up the truck
>tfw i saw it yesterday with maybe around 7 people total in the theater
>tfw two people laughed during that scene
Fucking AMERISHITS

It isn't called "Wolverine", so casuals don't realize it's an X-Movie.

Deadpool was the kind of movie you'd walk out of and go "I really want to see that again!" - and do so. Logan is the kind of movie you walk out of and go "damn, that was a good movie, but I don't think I can see it again for a while."

It didn't open in China since its rated r

Deadpool had better marketing.

Oranges: Tangerine was the biggest piece of shit in the franchise and The Wolverine was just okay, and that's not making people want to rush out to see another Wolverine movie.

The X-movies in general have been schizophrenic in quality and the most recent entry prior to Logan was pretty bad.

Despite technically being a film in that universe Deadpool wasn't dragged down by it.

All these reasons are why Logan is underperforming even if it's a good movie.

hola reddito!

In some places in europe it's called "Logan - The Wolverine"

It did, but it was cut down
variety.com/2017/film/asia/china-box-office-logan-scores-48-million-opening-1202002469/

It's not funny, also Deadpool opened on Valentine's day weekend so it had a lot of couples going.

wow they must have had less faith in this than I thought if they took the time to mash that into china.

I usually just wait and pirate capeshit but I'm gonna watch this in theater just to support it

it was the first deadpool movie dumbass, everyone's already seen wolverine movies. the impact's totally different.

it was until suicide squad won it

I kek'd

While it was a comicbook movie, it was very serious drama/action movie that really broke the mold for superhero movies

>What went wrong?

Suits

IT BROKE NEW GROUND

people are so dumb they dont even know Logan is a Wolverine movie, its a stupid name.

why the fuck they didnt name it Wolverine: Logan Rides or some shit then it may actually get people interested.

its John Carter all over again

here they literally called it "Logan Wolverine"

one is a comedy and one is a depressing and cynical story about the death of mutantkind

>DUDE, HUGED ASSMAN'S LAST WOLVERINE, IT'S THE END OF AN ERA LMAO
>implying he won't keep doing cameos until he dies

one is also the 7th film to star the character, the other was the first.

Logan is clearly out of steam, but has a lot of interest. Deadpool is the new exciting fresh hero. One is dusk the other is dawn, very different draw for people.

>why isn't everyone as stupid as I assume they are?

Fall in a well and die, bitch.

I laughed at first, but when he continued beating the car I realize he was sad and channeling his sadness into anger that he was taking out on the pickup.

>The Last Wolverine

One word: child. Children are a cancer in R-rated films, especially if they're Mary Sues that slaughter armed grown men effortlessly and don't die in some horrific manner. Nobody wants to see that shit, and nobody cares about whatever womb louse Logan managed to seed with one of his pointless dalliances with slags.

That is why Logan is an inferior film to Deadpool, will make less money, and be forgotten in a year while Deadpool resonates through time and space for as long as Reynolds can withstand studio interference and normie shitlords trying to reinterpret the character.

kys

are you 12?

Search your feelings, you know it be true.

Not him, but he kind of had a point. It's like in video games. Gruesomely murdering people is ok, but NEVER children

Do people actually not realize it's a Wolverine movie?

Kekus Minimus

It cut 14 minutes? Holy shit, that is a LOT of censoring. I can't even imagine what would be cut by that much.

I wonder if its a better movie because I think the only issues anyone had with it was it was too long and violent.

dude, every single x-men character is a mary sue

what was fresh about this movie is seeing them defeated
not to mention the little girl and logans relationship is the core emotional part of the story

yes

Marvel has zero (0) oscars though

>I can't even imagine what would be cut by that much.
You serious? Probably every minute X-24 is on screen--that's at least 10 minutes of violence 2 extreme 4 Chinese audiences

>Oranges: Tangerine

What does TDK have to do with this?

Marvel doesn't need one.
You dont need golden dildos when you know how to pleasure your audience...

if marvel won an oscar for makeup I think they'd have the sense not to tell anyone.

>Marvel doesn't need one.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA post that DC wojack with the oscar again, it's not clear enough how triggered you are yet

We will never know because Marvel will never win an Oscar, technical categories or not

this.

>if marvel won an oscar
>if
That's the key thing though, cause they haven't, have they?

yep

more X-24 screen time is the only reasonable answer other than.

no and they probably won't, they're popcorn movies not oscar bait, some technical category like visual effects is the only chance they have in a weak year.

SS winning for makeup is still a really sad thing to champion though.

Marvelfags seething

F-fuck you

No, I've just looked it up and I can confirm it: Marvel haven't won an Oscar, I repeat, Marvel haven't won an Oscar after 10 years and 15 flicks.

Deadpool was a ridiculously big hit, a complete phenomenon that no-one really saw coming. No-one will have reasonably expected Logan to perform as well as Deadpool, and Logan is outperforming any reasonable expectations for it.

The only downside for Logan is its scheduling means it's likely going to get slammed by Kong: Skull Island and Beauty and the Beast. Putting Deadpool in Feb meant it had no serious competition for like a month

>it's likely going to get slammed by Kong: Skull Island and Beauty and the Beast.
>Beauty and the Beast

lol no. disney princesses are supposed to be pretty. not awkward british hobgoblins.

People are going to see that shit, even though I have zero interest in. Any big hit sharing the marketplace is going to hurt the competition regardless of similarity.

Crash won an Oscar.

PS, no one gives a shit about Oscars until they can use it in an argument.

one is capekino and the other is reddit

Yeah I think you're right, they probably could have taken away the entire character because its actually kind of confusing anyway to have this other guy who looks like Logan for foreign audiences. Maybe they did that.

Like the argument of Crash having more oscars than Marvel? Because that's a good one too

I don't know but in Asia it has to compete with Kong: Skull Island and Beauty and the Beast almost simultaneously.

Obviously it gets slaughtered.

why do you think they were calling this the last wolverine film even before it's release?

FUCKING RETARDS ON THIS BOARD

I just saw the film. What a load of horse crap

>borders are evil
>all men are evil
>usa is evil
>canada good
>white men are too weak and are dying
>only girls are strong now
>new x-men are 100% diverse and multicultural
>only helpers of mutants are blacks

FUCK OFF HOLLYWOOD

Hopefully its a trending decline of capeshit. Jesus christ how can people even like superheroes at this point.

Crash was garbage, the oscars mean nothing. Best Picture winners are generally 50/50 if I'll enjoy them. Crash had NOTHING good going and it still won. Leo Dicaprio was an oscar meme for years and they finally gave it to him on one of his lesser performances. It's fucking retarded dick sucking political speeches, that's all the Oscars are.

maybe a lot of people swore off wolverine movies since the first 2 were bad/mediocre

It is only a week in and it is doing quite well.

It is not 3D so it is $3/ticket less per ticket (same as deadpool).

>baby's first symbolism.jpg

Wolverine movies have a history of being shitty

Even if logan is a good movie people will be hesitant to see it

You don't know what a Mary Sue is

>Crash was garbage

bump

Who is this fluid druid?

>Oscars
Does anyone really take that shit seriously? Wasn't there just a massive fuss over the wins this year?

1/10
Almost made me smile.

emily whatsherface
you know, the one with the dopey face but the dick-sucking lips

My girlfriend had no idea and she watches loads of capeshit

your gf sounds brain-damaged

obvs meant to be a funny moment transforming into a heart wrenching one. autist.

Literally no one desn't think it's a wolverine movie.

>he cant find humor in a bleak moment
>comedy and tragedy are never connected
>there's nothing funny about watching Hugh Jackman beat the shit out of a truck with a shovel

lol

no kidding, she watches capeshit

It's just way too bleak.

>Why didn't they call it "Wolverine Un-Begins" or "Man of Wolverine"?

>Wasn't there just a massive fuss over the wins this year?

Cassey Affleck won for best male actor despite social media calling him a rapist.

Plus the other two Wolverine flicks totally sucked.

>damn, that was a good movie, but I don't think I can see it again for a while."
FAGGOT ALART

FAGGOT ON THE PREMISES

>Implying JUST us League will be good

>borders are evil
When did that happen in the movie? They just drove by the border.
>all men are evil
When was they explicitly shown in the movie?
>usa is evil
Wtf are you going on about?
>canada good
They snuck into Canada.
>white men are too weak and are dying
Logan=/= all White men
>only girls are strong now
Picking on a little girl.
>new x-men are 100% diverse and multicultural
The xmen have always been diverse and multicultural. You realize they were a metaphor for gay people back in the 60's?
>only helpers of mutants are blacks
Logan is white

Truth.