MCU: Quippy bullshit with no stakes made for children

>MCU: Quippy bullshit with no stakes made for children
>DCU: Pretentious bullshit made for manchildren
>Fox's Xmen: Manages to be have stakes and touches on serious themes without getting pretentious, manages to be fun without turning into full on quippy bullshit

Where were you when you realized Fox made the real capekino all along?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BXbL0iukdCo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, Fox's Fant4stick was truly a masterpiece.

but the sequence of X-Men movies arent even connected for half of them and some of them you have to ignore totally.

its a total shitfest that needs restarting entirely.

Only the xmen films were referred to in the OP numbnuts

>muh consistency

lol, as long as it's good who cares how it fits on your autism flowchart retardo, but keep pondering about when Joker had his grill put in, dipshit

Comic book adaptation market share by studio:

1. Marvel Studios – 16.2%
2. DC Entertainment – 15.6 %
3. 20th Century Fox - 13.4%
4. Sony Pictures Entertainment – 9%
5. Lionsgate Entertainment - 4%
6. Dark Horse Entertainment – 2%

Fox: Absolute kino until principal shooting

Wish fox would just fucking make movies in Britain

yeah I guess a 10 hour story arc is too complicated for you.

speaketh the truths

After Man of Steel when any suggestion that WB make an attempt to lighten the tone of their fledgling shared universe was interpreted as wanting them to go full Marvel. The concept of a tonal spectrum seemed lost on anons only able to see tone as a multiple choice answer, and within that realization, I concluded that if WB should try to be more like anything tonally it was Fox, and not Marvel.

Fox is cancer

Yeah, they're films.

I get why people like continuity but if a film works on a stand-alone level, why give a shit?

name one comic book movie that isn't for children

you can't

Deadpool because Deadpool says it's not a kids film

the problem with the DCEU isn't even tone. Its consistency. WB clearly wants to do watchmen by way of nolan batman movies forever, but they don't have anyone that can write a realistic story of an invulnerable flying man with every superpower within the constraints of how he has to be "superman," a character that is entirely built around how unrealistic such a character has to be in order to exist at all.

So everyone's just throwing shit at the wall and the marketing is doing the same and the result is moderate success that mindless suits can spin as a precursor to greater success.

>its rated R so its not a kids movie!

its really sad that people still fall for this

Dredd?
Kingsman?
Also fuck you, pic related was for the entire family and it was god damn amazing. Just listen to this score. youtube.com/watch?v=BXbL0iukdCo

Road to Perdition

A History of Violence.

American Splendor.

Logan, even.

It's wacky, and I think that the bawdy humour would entertain kids, but I wouldn't call it a kids film; the emotional/romantic core of the story is geared more towards an adult audience.

Spawn 1997

Fox's Xmen: For cape wearers that are too gay for the Avengers series, but not gay enough for Spiderman.