The Abyss, 6/10

Skull Island

7.5/10

7/10

8/10

6,5/10

6/10

7/10

The first third and the beginning of the last third were great, but I found the middle one and especially the ending to be lacking.

I finished the book a few days ago and decided to give this a try. 8/10 it was different than the book in some key ways but still good

Totally

9/10

I SAW WHAT YOU DID THAR.

>9/10
I hated it to be honest

8/10
Had myself a cheeky cry at the end

I wrote an analysis on this for a film class a few semesters ago.
I ended up watching it 3 times back to back while writing the paper.

Logan 5/10

first decent superhero movie I'v seen in a while

K I N O

I'd like to write something myself on it at some point, but I'm no where close to that level. It's a pretty well done film.

Are you studying film user?

Are you stupid, a faggot, or both?

6.5/10

pretty good for what it is. the one last hurrah thing may have had more of an impact if the preceding 17 years of x-men movies weren't overwhelmingly mediocre. it could have done with either better villains or less screen time for them.

it's definitely better than the rest of this recent wave of movies marketing themselves as "superhero movies for people who don't like superhero movies", but like the others it still relies on the same tropes and has just as many stupid quips

it's a shame, because the alternate timeline (and no need for a directly related sequel) should have given them a bit more freedom to take the unique aspects of the movie a bit further instead of just using them as dressing

>hurr durr you didnt like a movie with sex you must be gay
Good response.

>a film about lesbianism
Stop it France

It's a great movie, featuring two of the best performances of the century so far. It's moving, and it's a realistic depiction of love and loss. And if you're too dumb to find any value in that, it has lengthy sex scenes between two hot French women.

I like historical stuff, Japanese movies, and don't mind Tom Cruise, but to me this was just eh. Some of the action scenes in particular were just ridiculous. Worse than The Patriot 6.5/10

What a film

>featuring two of the best performances of the century so far

Can sexual deviant Francophiles have good opinions?

>two of the best performances of the century so far

6/10

The ending is what ruined it for me. I would have given it a 7/10 up until then. I'd say 5/10 in all.

The same as you: 9,5/10 almost perfect film.

Name 10 (or even 5) better female performances since 2010.

another shit film Sup Forums memed me into watching

>female performances
lol so I guess the top female athletes are also the top overall athletes in the world

Explain to me how you determined I subscribe to that logic, which is irrelevant and also wrong.

>two of the best performances of the century so far
>in his counterargument immediately moves the goal posts
Wew

You got called out for your retarded opinion and then immediately backtracked by excluding all male actors.

I stand by Adele being a top 10 lead performance of the century, male or female. Go ahead and name 10 of either gender that you prefer.

>two of the best performances of the century
>wait nevermind, two of the best FEMALE peformances of the LAST 5 YEARS

did you literally forget what you wrote?

It's pretty fucking common to separate male and female performances when you talk about acting.

I made a typo on the 2010 thing. Still waiting on someone to share their list of 10 lead performances post-2000 that are better than Adele, male or female.

no it isn't

I encourage you to take a look at a list of award winners for acting, from guilds, critics, or any other group. You'll find that 95% of them separate male and female.

7/10

is this thread an awards ceremony? they do that in order to inflate the number of awards and avoid sexism controversy

When the discussion began with my claims about ranking the caliber of performances, it's analogous to talking about awards. Plenty of awards groups do not have ceremonies; I'm not just talking about the Oscars and Golden Globes. They still largely split male and female.

8/10

Eraserhead
3/10

Literally 10.

8.5. surprisingly amusing. shrooms sequence made me laugh the hardest

Sup Forums was right. Great fucking movie. Great soundtrack. Goose was great.

Loved how they had such big named actors who played small roles.

9/10

You're beyond help.

8/10

1/10

The Magnificent Ambersons
I really don't know what I liked so much about this, but I felt it was a 4.5/5 for me. Maybe not perfect, but pretty damp good.
As someone who likes Kafka will I like or hate the Trial? Also are the Stranger and chimes at Midnight any good?

5/10

Logan
8/10. Pointless villain but fantastic closing to a great series.

logan
9.5,77%-0.2/10

Woman detected

Silence
8/10

La La Land
9/10

Kagemusha
10/10

6/10

Real lolita shit, gotta be seen, room 214.
7.5/10

One of King's best.
>Dat repressed child abuse

5/10

- Lot of bad acting
+ Kind of a interesting story
+ Looks great visually

No country for old men
8.5/10
would be higher but i dont give 10's

>i dont give 10's

/

Adèle Haenel in Les Combattants is all got for you.

He's right not to. 10/10 implies perfection and no film is perfect.

shut the fuck up you dork

Good response. Clever and all.

Completely agree with this. I fucking hate it when a reviewer, whether if it's for movies, tv shows, or even video games is writing a review, and they point out flaws, then they still give a perfect 100. Even if the flaws are marginal, they're still flaws and they mean that the thing is not perfect. Modern critic scoring is fucking stupid

10/10 implies the best there is and the best there is is there

Good response.
Elucidating and all.

You can't judge art like a chemistry problem. If you make a rounding error, points are taken off. If a movie like The Great Beauty has a small inaccuracy, that doesn't mean it can't be considered a 10/10. You don't judge masterpieces of film based on off-putting minutiae; it's much more of an ethereal experience.

Of course, given the state this board has been in for the past few years, this will go in one ear and out the other for most folks. That's why I prefer shitposting.

>an imperfect movie can be considered a 10/10

Yeah... no.

Perfection is an ideal: it cannot be had. There are no 10/10 movies.

Masterpieces can be close to 10 but never attain 10. This isn't hard to get.

In essence, it's tautological to even rate movies -- and stupid to give any movie a perfect score.

Manchester by the sea
Talk about depressing movies man...

Watch The Red Balloon. Solid, wholesome French film, it'll bring you out of the rut at least a little bit

That's cool, man; you do you. I promise no one's gonna stop you. You don't have to freak out if others have their own methods.

I view it more like how one may judge a beautiful woman. A few flaws don't detract from the perfection you find in her due to the overriding emotion that affects judgment. A good movie elicits a similar response from me as I get to know its aesthetic and character.

Thank you for a genuine response to the prompt. I haven't heard of that, but I'll check it out.

>in my opinion
FTFY

>it's tautological to even rate movies
>tautological

Pretty sure you have no idea what that word means. That's not surprising, though, given your opinion confirms that you're a massive retard.

when were you when philips seymour dies?

I'm watching Kurosawa movies with my grandma lately.
10/10 going by this logic The last recent movie I've watched was Umimachi Diary, that was like 6/10 (which means that it was pleasant in a way).

Man of Steel

6/10

Started well but descended into CGI trash in the second half.

Comfy horror flick, I'd give it a 6.5-7/10

5/7

8/10

made by a muslim

literally 7/10 the movie

7.5/10

nice autism you got there

Boner fuel/10

Bruce Campbell was born to play Elvis

that was a pretty funny movie all things considered

also they played classical music over alot of the depressing scenes which kinda took the load off for me

Was gonna post this same image lol, though I give it a 9/10. It's one of my favorite movies

7.5/10