If you're a reddit pleb, you'll enjoy it

If you're a reddit pleb, you'll enjoy it.

As for me, I need to wash my mouth out with an actually good monster movie called "Apocalypse Now."

Could've stopped at the first part, but that last thing you said is the most gay Reddit sentence typed all day

Why did they let JCR go home to drink beer and watch baseball, but keep Hiddleston and Brie for interrogation?

do we actually get to see the monster in this?

Plenty of action. You see Kong no less than 10 minutes in as a quick tease before the main crew gets to the island.

Cause they need they're Marvel stinger. Everybody wants to be star in a franchise...you better believe that there will be another Kong movie set before Godzilla '14 if this movie doesn't flop.

You see Kong from the very start, and from then on out you see him every 30 minutes or so.

The trailers spoiled most of his fight scenes unfortunately.

If I stopped at the first part you'd still be triggered by me insulting this movie, reddit child.

I get that, but why not the guy that lived nearly 30 years on the island over 2 people that were there for a few days? I almost expected him to ruin the mood of the stinger by popping his head in after Dr Dre talks about the other monsters and going "Hey guys! Looks like we're gonna be workin' together longer than we thought hehehe!"

Shit meant for

It's tracking to open at 45 million on a 190 million budget, holy kek

But does it have it ain't me?

It will do a lot better overseas

Is Kong big in Japan? I know they like their giant monsters but I'm curious since he's American created.

KING FLOP

Japs on Twitter at least are fucking nuts about Kong and this movie. They are more hyped than any actual American I've seen. I don't get it.

They too want to see a new battle royale between Kong and Godzilla

No. It has Bad Moon Rising, though.

Japanese love King Kong

Like they have a thing for apes going ape and doing funny stuff

>Set in 1973, Kong: Skull Island repackages Hollywood’s 1933 King Kong along with other action-adventure movie trivia. Its story takes place three years before the unfairly maligned Seventies remake that starred Jeff Bridges, Jessica Lange, and Kong swatting fighter jets from the World Trade Center towers. It’s also set six years before the release of Francis Coppola’s overrated Apocalypse Now, the psychedelic Vietnam War movie that really did end all psychedelic Vietnam War movies. Designed, like all movie franchises, to fulfill the Millennial urge for escapist entertainment, Kong: Skull Island is the blockbuster as junky postmodern bread and circus.

>The trailers spoiled most of his fight scenes unfortunately

Yeah I noticed this too. I only watched the 3 main trailers and practically every scene was spoiled.
Thanks again WB

>unfairly maligned Seventies remake
Based, this is correct

So is this kongflick really like apocalypse now because I'll drop everything right now to see this movie if true

Not really. Just a mediocre adventure flick.

Why was the attempt at humor so fucking bad?

It was just so heavyhanded with the Vietnam stuff

nice wordplay

Is skull island in Vietnam or something?

Takes place during Vietnam War.

No. Somewhere in the South Pacific

But the time frame is when the US is pulling out and the Army guys are on their last mission.

The are just written in like caricature of what a Vietnam soldier would be.

Maybe I'm just biased, but I was far more accepting towards it than what we get in MCU movies. It just felt like plain bad writing as opposed to a really forced attempt at humor like the "Just Wong?" scene from Doctor Strange or half the jokes in Age of Ultron.

King Kong Lives was complete shit

It is, but I can't hate it simply because it was what got me into the genre. Same thing with Zilla.

Yes.

You are completely biased, literally "it's ok when everyone else does it!"

Faggot.

Biased towards giant monster movies, user. Not just against Marvel.

Eh, I enjoyed it. It's one of those movies that aren't very memorable after a few weeks though. And it had tons of editing issue especially in the middle. Still, I don't consider my money wasted.

They said the same thing for The Great Wall

It was a great monster movie

But I'm not surprised a board that find Batman v Superman good is hating this

>Vietnam
>Viet Kong
>gorilla warfare

Don't be mad, cuck

>le dahnald leddit meem xDd

They also shot a lot of the movie in Vietnam

>shits on DC
>praises Kong and Marvel
It's all the same, why pick sides? Have fun being a slave to the Hollywood machine.

It's as if the classic King Kong movie ends before they go back to America
It feels pointless

this guy is such a petty self righteous cunt

I can't tell if he's being genuine most of the time or not. He gave Jack and Jill a good review.

you'll have plenty more movies with kong and friends fucking shit up in the mainland

>it's 2017
>USA goes to Vietnam to make a action movie to sell it to China

>"We need to add a symbol of reconciliation of Vietnam War "
>No! The trauma is too great! The wounds aren't healed yet! If we imply that Vietnamese people want to reconcile with us they will take it as an offense!"
>"But without something to talk about the reconciliation will not begin... How about this: we can somehow add a Japanese character and let him stand in as the enemy we have reconciled with. The Japanese are ok with that. Everyone will be ok with that"

>an actually good monster movie called "Apocalypse Now.

WHOA? There's a Kaiju movie remake of Apocalypse Now?

FINALLY!

You should wash your mouth with some cyanide

>Armond liked it

invalidates your opinion reddit.

Armond didn't like it imbecile.

I read King Kong Lives was a success over there.
Fucking King Kong Lives.

Batman v Superman was one of the shittiest movie I've ever seen in a theater
Seeing every retard rage about this with their shitty "Save Martha" theories is delightful

>seventies remake
>King Kong lives

That's the sequel DUMBASS

Is it at least a good monster brawling movie? Godzilla 2014 pissed me right the fuck off by constantly cutting away whenever anything interesting was about to happen so the one soldier or his kid could get more screentime.

It's Bayformers tier compared to Legendary Goji in that regard. Plenty of scenes with shit going down and surprisingly hardcore deaths.

It has a lot of "fuck yeah" moments. There's a lot of action, the amount of action compared to Godzilla is like comparing . They have big monster battles, they embrace the shit out of them and they show them to you in all of their uncut glory. There were times where I lost the ubication of a character or two in my mind because they were just showing you Kong beating the shit out of something. If that's what you're looking for and Godzilla pissed you off, you'll probably like it.