What is with grown ass men and women liking Childish shit? Pokémon, my little pony, Harry Potter...

What is with grown ass men and women liking Childish shit? Pokémon, my little pony, Harry Potter, and coloring books are for kids, not adults

>it's nostalgia
No!
I get nostalgic thinking about fun times like watching Star Wars for the first time; that doesn't mean I think Star Wars is anything other than corporate trash.

Why are so many adults acting like kids nowadays, Sup Forums?

Luxory everywhere, no real adversity in day to day life, and nothing to fight for.
Just read The Time Machine.

rejecting what you perceive to be childish does not make you an adult

also adulthood doesn't serve much purpose in this coddling bullshit

nerd culture and the mindless consumerism that comes with it really makes me think capitalism isn't such a good idea sometimes

who's gonna post it

Is it socially acceptable for an adult to enjoy DOOM? I don't think I can kick that habit.

What is it with grown ass men and women , in the prime of their life, endlessly reposting old threads on a Cantonese rice farming board? Shitposts, SJW bait, Blacked threads, and baneposts are for kids, not adults.

>It's fun
No!
I get a slight chuckled browsing through meme threads for the first time; that doesn't mean I think endless reposting of old forum posts is anything other than autistic trash.

Why are so many adults acting like kids nowadays, Sup Forums?

only if you do not talk about it or play it in public

Is zach the gook going to post this every day too?

>people enjoy things i don't enjoy

It can only be a product of the pulsing, expanding tumor on our society where grown men come to worship the childish relics of their past. It is the equivalent of lauding your block castle as a work of art. It is no art! How can it be when it is one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

I'll take society-ruining attitudes of manchildren in denial for 500 Alex.

it's evolving

I can live with that.

What about ponies?

It's the side effects of a generation raised by television and the internet.

our postmodern society no longer places value on the traits the once defined "being an adult"
as a result people choose to continue to enjoy what they want as opposed to doing what was expected in earlier eras

>I only do mature things for mature adults like myself
>he says while posting on Sup Forums

they got fucked and were not prepared for life.
the books let them go back to a simple life and time.

manchild in denial

Generation of pussies who refuse to grow up

>we're in a loop
>we're in an endless, shitty, godforsaken loop made of shit; and there's no sign of it stopping

Korinefag shitposting

>he doesn't get in touch with his inner child from time to time

One day you'll explode with anger /sadness when the midlife crisis kicks in, faggot

Because most 'adult' things are not fun and lead to depression and addiction to drugs. There is no equivalent of those childish things in adulthood. It's just responsibility and servitude.

The average adult is a mix of apathetic and overindulgent

>a-at least the memes are good though
No!

>"No!"

I don't know why, but that's my favorite part.

That describes online discussion since 1980. Discussion never changes, just the topic.

In this case the topic didn't change.

To simpletons these stories have the most ideal ratio of emotional stimulation to emotional challenges. They don't question. They validate. People get addicted to the simplicity of such black & white escapism. Ask yourself how many young adult stories fit the following description:
>After learning that [he/she] is inherently special- not for any specific, tangible accomplishments, but for simply having been born inherently special- a spunky [boy/girl] is whisked away by captivating strangers into a world they could have scarcely imagined, and must now help rebel against the dystopian society that hates and fears [him/her] for daring to be different.
Pretty much all of them, right? That's because it's the teenage mindset. It's as predictable as clockwork and the big reason why young adult fiction is one of the most profitable industries on earth. Granted, there's nothing wrong with being like that when you're in Jr. High, but YA fiction continues appeals to modern 20s-somethings because they're part of a generation that's never been encouraged to challenge themselves. Political correctness, participation trophies, safe spaces, all the old man bitching points have come together to create millions of overgrown children who have been told they were each special for so long that that they've never felt the need to challenge themselves.
Don't get me wrong. I do like Harry Potter. It's a charming and fantastical story, and those stories have their place. Human beings sometimes need a little cotton candy flavoring to get them to take their medicine. Star Wars might not be high art, but Luke blowing up the Death Star has given more people the subconscious inkling that that one man can make a difference than any 100% true story about one man making a difference here in reality. That's just how we are, like it or not. However, if you're pushing 30 and all that resonates with you is The Hunger games, you're either a fucking idiot or a child.

Its called extended adolescence
Its a way for the (((media))) to keep selling their childish trash not only to children but to adults as well

you're going to be dead in a few thousand days.
nothing actually matters, enjoy what you enjoy then stay dead for zillions of years.

but yeah, being adult "matters".

>tfw a prepubescent girl comes to your office and says she wants to take more classes than there are hours in the day
>tfw you give her a handheld time machine with no failsafes, no restrictions, and tell her to go fucking nuts

You're going to be dead in a few thousand days, too. And you'll have spent it jerking yourself off with the shallowest material possible, thinking, feeling, and living to a fraction of the degree you could've. Enjoy living and dying in the kiddie pool, faggot. We'll be at the beach if you need us.

>caring this much about what other people like

This reeks of a 2mature4u high school social outcast who strives to be "patrician" by watching movies he doesn't actually enjoy.

People don't care what you watch. Stop worrying about it.

How can this be harnessed sexually?

Who else /never read or watched Harry Potter here/?

How about you do you and the other user does whatever he pleases and then we all just die when it's time to die.

You should give it a chance. Outside of the normie memes its breddy gud if you read the books.

Do you think she ever traveled back in time to eat herself out? That's my first thought.
Hell, you could bring friends and have a kickass, hours-long orgy, and every time you travel you can experience it again from different perspectives.

/thread

1- comfykino
2 - comfy monster mystery kino
3 - pure mystery kino
4 - flickkino
5 - surrealist political kino
6 - gothickino
7 - stripped reinvented drama kino
8 - herzog infused cinema

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

If you spend time posting on Sup Forums you don't get to claim a position of adulthood. It doesn't matter what your real life is like. If you come here and spend time posting anything, you're being childish. That goes for everyone everywhere everytime. There is nothing you can say or be or do that will exempt you. Don't even try to argue about how it doesn't apply to you. If you spend time here you're an immature piece of shit who needs to get their shit together and move the fuck on.

You do know that CS Lewis was very outspoken about wasting time with lower forms of art, right? If he was alive today he would undoubtedly hate this stuff and the culture surrounding it.

How mad are you in every single HP thread.
HP will forever be good because nothing good has come out since.

How much of a low IQ manchild are you to constantly misuse that quote? It's just like the pony fuckers years back using it to justify their love for that shit. You fucking manchildren

>HP treads