The Fallen Hero of Philadelphia

>Broke all of Drew Brees passing records at his high school, posting 5658 passing yards, 56 touchdowns in only 2 years
>Outperformed a peak season Michael Vick to win the starting position for the Philadelphia Eagles
>In first year, leads the Eagles to win NFC championship for the first time in nearly a decade
>Posts a perfect passer taking (158.3), while also averaging more than 400 yards per game, the second quarterback to ever do so
>27 TD, 2 INT that year
>MVP candidate, goes to the Pro Bowl in first year
>Next year leads the Eagles to a 6-1 start, despite losing best receivers and team crumbling under Chip Kelly's management
>gets a collarbone injury
>Out for the season, gets traded away by Kelly, who himself loses his job as head coach the next year, and then goes on to ruin and coach the 49ers franchise, changing them from a Super Bowl team to 2-14 team
>Foles is abandoned, forsaken, lost in time, passed off between teams as a backup
>His potential as an elite QB in the NFL snuffed
>His legend forgotten
>His dreams vanquished
>Until now....

And he steps in off the bench to defeat the Rams 43-35 in a nearly tied game in the fourth quarter

This will be the first time the Eagles make the playoffs (with Foles) in 4 years (also with Foles)

Has the divine hand of retribution orchestrated this destined fate?

Can a punished Foles rise from the ashes once more to lead a sinking Philadelphia team to the Superb Owl greatness?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NRCrqec5uA4
youtube.com/watch?v=xOJr1dTPSis
youtube.com/watch?v=GqqASeQ99aQ
twitter.com/cj_wentz/status/940363875169513479
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How can you not root for this guy? Someone has to take down the evil empire

Watch the raiders Texans wild card game from last year to see what’s going to happen philthydelphia.

thread theme
youtu.be/NRCrqec5uA4

Are you comparing Connor Cook, an untested rookie, with Nick Foles, a former NFL starter who took his team to the playoffs?

Carson and Nick are very likeable guys.

>leads eagles to NFC championship

U wot m8. They lost in the wildcard round too the dome babies.

At home no less. This season might actually end the same way.

It was Foles first year. He had a better first year than Wentz. His budding talent should have been nurtured, not extinguished.

Philadelphia could have the GOAT team, GOAT management, GOAT coaches. They will still find a way to lose.

You’re right watch the raider broncos week 16 game too se what will happen to philthydelphia.

Are you comparing Matt McGloin, an undrafted career backup QB, with Nick Foles, a former NFL starter who took his team to the playoffs?

thinking you'll win the owl Tell me if you heard this before...better luck next year

He also holds the record for touchdowns thrown in a single game (7)

He played surprisingly well in that Rams game

Has the Blue Eyes White Dragon returned to us Sup Forums?

Foles Gold's power levels are being underestimated.

I remember that year. And I still despise Chip Kelly.

SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEONK

youtube.com/watch?v=xOJr1dTPSis

I believe in Foles. He will bring us to the promised land

The Rams are fags

shit owners
shit team
shit rigged Super Bowl XXV

youtube.com/watch?v=GqqASeQ99aQ

I have been telling my gf that I had a feeling Carson would get hurt towards the end of the season. And that I thought Nick would shine and finish what Wentz was then just starting. She laughed at me...

Can you imagine if Foles actually pulled it off?

Eagles are a much more elite team this season than when he played desu

I've had this image saved for so long. The first year I watched the NFL was the year Philadelphia went 4-12. 2013 was a godsend. I remember this year, against the broncos I think, I saw a ten year old kid in a foles jersey and feels washed over me. Following this team is suffering. But I still love foles and I believe that he will play good football.

I agree. Too bad the city and team they play for aren't likeable in the slightest.

*shares the record

Rolling

It won't happen. Psychologically the team is damaged. Wentz was their guy. They don't have the same trust in Foles and won't play as hard for him.

This. If I'm having trouble working up the motivation to even watch the rest of the season, I can't imagine how it must feel for the people actually have to play through this disaster

mfw someone says the eagles are fine with foles.

Youve never actually visited

Well you should watch, and pray they make it, because this will be the last time the Eagles will ever have such a dominate year.

I have though. Nogs, nogs everywhere.

Don't catastrophize. Eagles have maybe the best backup qb in the league. I am by no means expecting any kind of playoff success but watching Keenum more than serviceable (and another Jeff Fisher abortion at that) makes me hold on to some hope. This team has overcome a lot to get to 11-2.

>waah I need an ethnic safe space
they're surprisingly easy to handle if you aren't a scared little bitch, life goes on just fine.

>t-there's nothing wrong with 40% of your city population being wild animals who commit murder at 20x the rate of human beings
It's not the stone ages m8, no reason to endanger your life to that degree every day

it's really cute how seriously you take your racism

I know, numbers and statistics are mean >:(

They just lost the guy who did most of the overcoming

Leave Brady to me

there's plenty wrong with it, but that's part of living in a city. You don't actually hate philly, just all cities. Not everyone has the luxury of disappearing off the map, forever, without any repercussions. Some of us have shit to do

I know that's what fucking hurts about this. If this team were 9 - 4 or 8 - 5 I shrug and say maybe next year, but they're not going to get the number one seed again what team is a lot different at home than they are on the road

twitter.com/cj_wentz/status/940363875169513479

how long can you stand watching his video about his injury?

"statistics" you got from a youtube video :)

If case memeum can be good qb starter then based foles can too

The Eagles defense isn't nearly as good as the Vikings.

pray4bewd

>Out for the season, gets traded away by Kelly
I never understood that move. Then again, Kelly did a lot of things that didn't make much sense.

>they just didn't have the same opportunities to not murder as whites

Being able to post these things again for the next month will be fun at least.

Carson Dontz

the narrative was, his value could never be higher because 27-2 had to be a fluke on some level. Bumford's value was even more inflated at the time.

not felipe
sad sad little man

Punished Foles

A Hero denied by his home team

I rewatched every game this season. The defense is what has won atleast 7 of their games. Wentz did phenomenal job, but the defense is what has kept them from several loses

WHY AREN'T THE EAGLES SIGNING COLIN KAEPERNICK?!?!?!?!?

>but the defense is what has kept them from several loses
Can say that about literally every NFL win in recorded history

That's not how people wear eyepatches

The band is going the wrong way you troglodyte

Foles had a better career than Kaepernick and people were bitching for Kaep to have a starting position but not foles?

Is he truly the most underrated?

Like if Jacksonville could trade for foles the Jaguars would have an owl.

I think Bortles is kinda good

It is how Punished Foles wears it clearly, dont you see the photo?

Last time? Jesus. You do realize that Wentz will be the QB for the next decade and all the core guys are locked in for the next 4-5 years, right? The Eagles were also dominant in the NFC in the early 2000s.

Any time you have a franchise QB, things are going to look good for you. Look around the league to teams that have true ones. Patriots, Packers, Seahawks, etc. Even if the only thing you get right is the QB, you will have at least some success. Even more if you build something around them.

When you keep opponents to 17 points in a game, you have a good chance if you even have an average offense. The Eagles defense have done well this year, especially the rush D.

POST ALL UR RARE FOLES HOW TO TRAIN UR DRAGONS MACROS

LADS

TIME TO REV THEM BACK UP AND PUNISH THEM

ugh... all my memes.. i must find them

I would really, really really like this to happen, just so I can watch all the meme quality it will bring to the board

>Ruins the 49ers franchise

I hate Chip as much as the next guy, but Baalke and Jed York fucked that franchise beyond belief. At least Lynch is making the right moves as GM. Can't say I've seen any 49ers games to talk about Shanahan.

The seems pretty good, why are Eagles fans freaking out?

Because they're Eagles fans.

signing kaep is actually not a crazy idea now that they need a credible backup for foles.

So many delusional filthidelphia shit bags ITT lmfao

Philly gets like this every time they get within sight of a championship, agonizing and second-guessing. At least they're not smug bastards like some New Englanders I could mention...

Haha XD

>led the eagles to win the NFC Championship
wut

I live outside the Philly metro area, you have no idea how terrible living around black people actually is.

Associating with the talented tenth % blacks that are actually white presenting is in no way comparable to having to deal with real blacks on a daily basis.

I miss Kkkooper posting

Imagine being such an autistic bitch you can't handle bit of banter from a few black dudes. Can tell you never played a team sport in your life past little league.

Can you blame us?

>doubting Foles even for a second

shame on these niggas mayne

i believe

I live in an actual nog area and it's not bad. Most of us don't even go armed. Parts of the city are coming back, that were ruined.

The Minnesota Vikings have two backup quarterbacks with multiple probowls and a Heisman trophy

Can one of you lads post the Nick Foles "Return of the GOAT" Star Wars mock poster featuring Riley Cooper and Chip

dick folds is garbage

i believe that

Foles redemption arc is best timeline

Then you are a fucking retard. He should be putting him crazy numbers with 4Net in the backfield but he isn't even putting up league average ones.

>Ain't no angel gonna greet me.
>It's just you and I my friend.