Spend a year practising french every day for an hour

>Spend a year practising french every day for an hour
>get pretty good at exercises, reading and even watching movies with 60-80% comprehension
>meet a french person
>try speaking
>totally incomprehensible and can't understand a word they're saying

Why the fuck is it so hard bros? Is there even a point in trying if you don't live in the country?

Never having an actual conversation with another person in a non-native language means never actually learning how to communicate in that tongue.

can shitpost in /fr/

You should learn either Hindi or arabic.
It will be more convenient for you.

If you really want to learn the language then travel to France, or join your local French community. London has over a hundred thousand of them.

Nice.

That's exactly how I felt when I came to the East Midlands (native Swiss). Couldn't understand a single damn word people were saying.

Awwiigghht?
>shrug

Took me a few weeks to get used to it.

>learned French for 7 years in school
>can't speak a single word
>when I turn on French TV it sounds like nonsense
>I am not even on A1 level according to an online test
>even though I put a lot of time into learning it, during about 1 of the 7 years.
>proud I managed not to learn it at all

I know a few Swiss that live close to southern Germany and they've all said they hated taking French in school, wonder why that is

That's fucking rich from that flag

why french? they have no good media.

um exCUSE me?!? They have a great animation industry

oh yeah I forgot about wakfu

GEORGE MELIES

You'll never learn a language if you don't use it outside school, or don't have any motivation to learn it. You probably just studied enough to pass the courses but it never "clicked" since you never use it enough. That's probably the greatest flaw of language classes in schools.
If you like literature, you will definetely benefit from learning french.

And their 00s shit like code lyoko, totally spies and Martin mystery

think you mean urdu bud

Learning a language consumes a lot of time. We need French about as much as Latin IRL. So it's a mountain of work that makes no sense to us.

Why do you learn other languages when you already know the lingua franca you fucking idiot ?

This

Either join some kind of conversational club or take lessons with a real human bean

Understanding =/= speaking.

I'm in the same boat, can mostly understand unless it gets too specific but speak worse than a fucking five year old. My pronunciation is pretty on point too but the sentence structure is so bad I don't even try.

Take that back faggot
>ywn discuss this show on Sup Forums and have a comfy conversations and memes

>animation
Could you be anymore of a faggot?

it's called literature you incurable philistine