The Vampire Diaries Series Finale Thread

I know VD hasn't been a thing on Sup Forums for a while but I figure since it'll all be over soon we might as well see it off. Retrospective special starts in just under two hours...

we also have Chocolate Ass.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_5x0o8ugmXU
tv.twcc.com/listings/cw
vocaroo.com/i/s11rxqrzYl0B
tgo-tv.net/watch/live-tv/the-cw-live-stream.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'll take that as a no.
On the off-chance though, first for bestgirl

I'll probably cry tears of joy when it finally ends tonight simply because it's ending. First three seasons are GOAT and Julie Plec ruined everything I loved about this show for years now.

>tfw the last living remnant of the Twilight era is coming to end TONIGHT

On another note, what do you guys think will happen in the finale? Do you believe the "spoilers" out there?

youtube.com/watch?v=_5x0o8ugmXU

What do the spoilers say? Use the spoiler tag if you're worried about other anons

And yeah I'd believe spoilers, shit comes out ahead of time frequently for TVD

show should have shown more panty

Can someone hit me with a summary. Last episode I saw was EvilDobrev getting depowered, Bonnie getting dead and something something ancient witch-lord actually being Steven's doppelganger.

>last living remnant of the Twilight era is coming to end
Don't forget Midnight Texas has a show that just wrapped production on its first season and is from the same author as Vampire Diaries

i stopped watching it near the episode where they revelaved the bad guy in the water that damon and that british guy was serving to was some asian looking chick... has it gotten bettter since then??

think they ruined caroline by making her have kids but at least it looks stefan/caroline is gonna be endgame

Season 1 was the only good season.

Supposedly stefan dies and damon takes the cure

I also heard that damon compels stefan and elena to forget everything and be together or some shit. It sounds retarded.

Too much shit has happened to be able to condense properly in a post. You should check out the tvd wikia or something. I'm sure they probably have a summary of each season there. Perhaps other anons would rather tl;dr it.

The entirety of season seven's plotlines are terrible but the sirens do go away and eventually the nigger devil as well. You could probably skip all of that and watch episode 15 and 16.

Season two and three are arguably better but it was still a decent season overall.
Season 2 > 3 > 1 > 4 > 6 > 8>7=5

>The entirety of season seven's plotlines

Sorry, I meant to say eight.

Sounds like you both left in season 5, the series' nadir. It got better towards the end of season 6 when they introduced the witch/vampire hybrids. Elena got put into a deep sleep by a vampire witch after getting cured of her vampirism at the end of season 7. They've been facing Sirens and Black Satan with Dobrev absent for the most part of the final season until the third to last episode when they destroyed him and now Stefan is human. Now the Black Devil is gone Katherine has come back from the dead to be the Final Boss, she has literally taken over Hell. Neither she nor Elena have properly appeared yet though, they're saving Dobrev's return for the finale.

>she has literally taken over Hell.

Katherine confirmed for bestgirl

Anyone know a stream somewhere?

>skip all of that and watch episode 15 and 16.
so the 2 final episodes of the show?

not including the retrospective, will the episode itself be 1 hour or 2?

source?

PHWOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*BRRRRAAAAPPPP!!!!!*

*PAAAARRRRPPPP!!!!*

*PHHHHRRRRTTTT!!!!!!!!*

*BADONKAPAAAARRRRPPPP!!!!!!!!!*

*plop!*

They're both an hour each.
tv.twcc.com/listings/cw

A big fat non shapely ass. Yea, I'll pass.

t. Ireland

Yes. The black devil and the sirens plotline were predicable and boring. It's all filler.

Bump.

I'm honestly surprised there is a thread for this

It's a pretty dead thread. We used to have weekly threads for this show with a decently sized community for it. I miss those times.

So how was it?

I remember, but that had originals going with it.

they had a highlight reel episode where the show usually aired, it just started

no humanity caroline best girl

Post 2012 Sup Forums makes me weep.
>tfw remembering all the shitty /tvd/ memes

The stefan flamethrower was the most expressive. People coming in to just talk shit but that is how it goes sometimes, with a bang or a whimper.

I stopped four episodes from the end of last season. Jesus Christ, the show actually got worse?

'Twas a good state of the art defense against shitposters. I hoenstly just want to dump random shit that I have in my folder now desu.

Please do, I lost my TVD folder.

Might as well send this out with a bang.

I remember those threads stopped around season 5, when the show just because absolute shit. Shame too, season 6 wasn't too bad.

vocaroo.com/i/s11rxqrzYl0B

The ride is half over.

it's not much but I'll post 'em.

who /waitingfortorrentssincenostream/ here?

The gemini coven, kai and prison worlds were cool ideas.

and damon compels stefan to leave

Even though season four was when the show was going downhill it still had kino moments like gif related. I love Stefan.

What was the context of that scene again? Was it with Lexi?

Yeah, she was a ghost and talking to Stefan before she disappeared for good I think.

I found you a stream. tgo-tv.net/watch/live-tv/the-cw-live-stream.php (Feed 1 works)

yeah it was lexi, he was saying good bye to her

Thanks user.

Is this show anything like Buffy or Supernatural more like Twilight?
Is it worth watching at all?

it borrows from both Buffy and Angel but focuses more on drama than storylines(plot) or decent story telling.

Most of the things make this show work is actors chewing scenes.

A semi mixture but more of an emphasis on the drama/romance rather than having a monster-of-the week style like buffy and supernatural.

I'd say it's worth watching. One of the least terrible CW shows when it initially came out. First three seasons are solid.

oh em gee it's been too long..

Goodbye TVD!

Those who sacrifice last, walk out a free man.

Who was best character and why is it Katherine?

Also why does every good villian's name start with a K? Katherine, Klaus, Kai

it makes me kind of happysad that its ending, it had a good run, seasons 1-4 are goat
Im somewhat excited for the originals next week also, ita really good and reminds me of early tvd

Is the show any good?

Never watched a single episode.

That's not Kai__

>kkk

I think the writers onto something.

He gave his brother the cure so is damon is free too?

Best guy coming through

Klaus donated to Xav..Salvatore School for gifted

The absolute best. I have a soft spot for based elijah though.

So brothers gave up their immortality to help people. What a wonky, overly saccharine ending.

Considering how many people got murdered by everyone..apparently the universe doesn't care about that.

>that episode where Damon is talking to Alaric's grave
I never thought this show would make me feel things

When they introduced the hell concept I was hoping for everyone to get an unhappy ending in this due to how evil they are.

>that episode where Lauren Cohen is slowly dying and Damon has to stake her

Had me in tears.

I mean at least force them into a limbo to work it off or something.

Actions don't matter, intentions don't matter. Everyone gets their own heaven kind of supernatural thing.

This part of the show always irked me. Vampires are clearly the bad guys but are always in the right and never suffer any consequences. This is why none of them should have any kind of redemption. They should have all suffered in this final season but the writers pussied out and didn't make it happen.

The only saving grace is that they clearly added more world building to Originals, the Angel to the Buffy approach.

Klaus going out of his way to avoid killing and trying to keep his city intact has made the show have a lot more complexity without the obnoxious cw-ness that these shows usually get stuck with. The season 4 finale really brought his story along, giving him chance to sacrifice for his family.

Im in the middle of the newest season.is it finally over and Im free?

tonight was last night of TVD, Originals still has this season, maybe another

Agreed. Writing wise, TO is stronger than TVD but just more predictable which sucks. I wonder if this upcoming season will be its last? I wouldn't be surprised if it got cancelled.

Yes it's finally over.

Fucking yes! Hope damon gets with elena or something. Gonna catch up. Or a fast forward where bonnie is with damon.

well with TVD over they have a niche to fill and I wouldn't be surprised if they give it another season just to get something else lined up. Only new show that got renewed is Riverdale, all the others didn't get picked up so, they would be missing like 3 different show slots without anything to fill, which is why Crazy Ex-Girlfriend keeps getting a pass.

14 Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (renewed) 0.20 -31.79% 0.556 -36.04%

It has least ratings of any network show. CBS obviously gets its darlings to keep going but still you get the point.

Delena is the worst part of this show. Stelena was and is the goat couple.

That and Jane the Virgin. Completely awful shows and I can't stand their existence. I wonder if Supernatural will ever end in our lifetime?

It won't, Supernatural's ratings actually went back up and are nipping at heels of Arrow, which is now in last place out of all the cape shows.

1. Flash 2.9, Supergirl 2.5, LoT 1.8, Arrow 1.8(Lot has a slight lead)

Supernatural has regrown over last two years, it's almost back up to 2.0, It's the show that just won't die.

I miss the simpler times when Gossip Girl and TVD were the biggest hits of the CW. I also don't like how it's turning into a giant capeshit network.

TO is kill

Flash L+7 is avging 5.0 plus even with a shitty of a season as 3 has been.

Supergirl is in the 3.5 to 4 range

When Supernatural first aired it got something like 5.6 in 2005

so honestly. TVD in 09 got 4.9

Not necessarily, the actor who plays elijah is on another show even as TO aired,

Flash has been disappointing this season.
First season remains the best.

I hope you guys pulled out a bottle of bourbon to drink along side the finale. For old time sake.

It's on suicide watch regardless this upcoming season. We shall see.

Besides TO I have no reason to continue watching the CW. All of my favorite teenage girls shows are coming to end (such as the pretty little lairs). I don't know what to do with myself anymore. And yes, I've seen all the good shows like mad men, the wire, the sopranos, etc. Teenage girl shows just make me feel good inside.

Claire holt got in another pilot too. The only thing this means is they got permission for it.

Try watching Riverdale, I like it a lot. The first two episodes will really make the decision for you, it's the only teengirl show I still watch.

They've lost at least 4 shows in a single network season, I honestly think they will renew it.

Same, i don't know what exactly it is but watching these shitty shows makes me feel good. I used to watch tvd and The originals last year but stopped and now i'm going to catch up on both, quite a few seasons for tvd and 1 or 2 for TO. Can't wait, even though the shows are pretty fucking bad overall. Klaus was the only cahracter i liked.

Claire Holt isn't part of the main cast, she left halfway through season 1.

13 episode season 4 and that's it

And that's good

True but I don't see why they couldn't keep him as reoccuring if X-men show gets picked up is my point.

I keep torrenting each new episode every week but I never bother watching. I'll eventually give it a try.

I love Claire. She is such a goddess.

Considering he's the main fucking character, if he goes the show goes. Unless they plan on doing a timeskip and having Hope replace him.

Why does the CW love Aussie girls so much?

I'm just saying they have a big enough cast that they can make it work if it got picked up and x-men pilot did at same time. They've done stuff to make two shows work at the same time.

Would have been interesting to see her as Supergirl

Also this is a general reminder that there is going to be a timeskip and a 4 year old is going to be a main character in the Originals

They did this in One Tree Hill and it was beyond horrible

Well that was kind of a crappy ending.

Katherine managed to wrap a 4000 + year old psychic around her finger who's had to have trapped multiple smarter and better villains after the other side collapsed, like Silas and Qetsiyah.

Has no powers while on Earth and just walks around gloating and following Damon, getting stabbed.

Bonnie just magics her way out of Kai's thing then fucks off and we don't know what happens with her other than traveling the world.

Everyone's spirits are around despite some of them having found peace before and moved on.

Elena eventually dies and reunites with her dead parents and family

Damon eventually dies and reunites with Stefan, who's in their old house in Heaven? But we don't know what else happened with him and Elena other than med school

Alaric is lonely and has to settle for Stefan's seconds as a partner.

The actor that played elijah did two shows, in main role in both for 3 years. so

Yeah all the mass murderers got a happy ending. It was hilarious.

Jesus, its that bad?

Phoebe is cute but shes a horrible actress and her character infuriates me.

>4 year old as a main character
Please no. Phoebe becoming pregnant was the worst thing about this show. I'm surprised they aren't pulling an Angel right now and having her fully grown up like Connor.

While the blonde troll steals from better shows and survives on her actors being better than her material..she didn't pay attention to problems Angel had as a show, narrative wise and even things they figured out ahead of time such as aging connor up.

SHIT ENDING

1/10

DELETE THIS

Yes.

Bonnie is also going to Africa, for reasons. And did yet another spell to save everyone that involved her bleeding from the nose and having to call on a shitload of power cause she can't do it herself, and gets her whole family line backing her for reasons they don't explain.

Stefan sacrifices himself for like the 20th time for his brother