Who did it best?

Who did it best?

Skull island is the best to me but I love the 2005 film to death still

king kong 33 is still a perfectly paced masterpiece that still stands tall as the best one by far.

That is not an option here. Pick out of the two faggot

you asked for the best, now take it

>king kong 33
No. King Kong 1933 does not hold up at all and was blown the fuck out by the 2005 version.

>MOVIE (19XX)
>MOVIE (20XX)
>VIE

Skull Island is just an action blockbuster. Kong 2005 transcended that. People didn't want to sit through 3 hours of story just to be sad when Kong dies. They just wanna see him drop boulders on T-rexs.

I could only appreciate Jackson more after seeing Skull island.

Actually I can't blame Skull island. It's just like a super hero movie to introduce the franchise and keep the copyright. Not every movie has to be very dedicated.

Monster movies have always been mindless blockbusters. That is what makes them fun

go to bed Sup Forumsmblr

t. born after 1995

I was born in 1994

>screenshot /mlp/
>claim it's Sup Forums

Everyone knows Boco's a fucking faggot anyway, that's not new.

2005 is an overblown mess

>Monster movies have always been mindless blockbusters

Maybe, if your exposure to monster movies is Pacific Rim or some other pleb shit. The original Godzilla is not a mindless blockbuster.

That's literally from Sup Forums, you can find it on the archive, and all their threads about monsters are THE most sickening shit I've ever seen and epitomize why western monster fans are horrible to interact with.

>looks like it was beauty.......

>let's just fucking throw away a fucking fantastically built setting for our meme-tier superhero origin story

It has good fight choreography but the stop motion is shit. They don't even try to keep the fur consistent between frames.

Wrong

I haven't seen the new one yet but Skull Island is better, i think

2005 had a better island, more variety in monsters

King King '33 > Godzilla vs. King Kong > King Kong '05 > King Kong Escapes > Kong: Skull Island

Skull Island did it best. Wasted no time.

Kong 2005 is alright, but did we really need it to be three hours other than Jackson likes making long movies.

2005 but,

Jack Black fucking sucked, the guy is a turd.

Also the end, she should have jumped and died with Kong, would have elevated the movie to forever cult status.

2005 is a legitimate pleb filter. It would be flawless if it weren't for that silly brontosaurus stampede and the fact that kong doesn't appear until an hour in

One movie is a director's love letter to a classic the other is an excuse to have Kong fight Godzilla in a later movie.

There are some good things about Skull Island for sure but its just a dumb flick

Kong: Skull Island is to King Kong 2005 what Godzilla 2000 is to Godzilla 2014

I can't think of '05 without thinking of the insect pit.

Fuck that shit.

>autism at its finest

Who /1976/ here?