Pay your respects.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j2rheMw1X4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=5Xh8duZ1-j0
youtube.com/watch?v=5iyM6nDt5g8
youtu.be/5kIe6UZHSXw
youtube.com/watch?v=98qw86DsdZ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Which show started the 'stupid dad, sexy mom' trope? Now that was innovation.

and now she can't even get a lead role on tv.

SMG aged like milk

>I failed biology 101

wtf does that even mean?

It means we can blame Buffy for the female lead meme.

Burrf was pretty good though to be fair.

>thats not Babylon 5

nice try jews!

bab5 created the future - writer/director types given total creative control. hello hbo.

The Honeymooners

married with children

Did you always want to be an actor and work in entertainment, or was there a moment on Buffy, or otherwise, when you knew it was it for you?
>Yeah. I studied, I was in theater, I was doing commercials, I was in classes. I had to take some techniques. I was so raw. I didn’t know what the hell I was doing, so for me it was always on. I was enamored by Broadway shows as a kid growing up. I remember seeing Yul Brynner from The King and I in Philadelphia. I was always into theater, and did that on top of playing sports. It was always something that I really wanted to do. Obviously, I moved out and had to find that work and do theater — be in the right place at the right time. It’s been a fantastic journey and I’m still climbing. There’s no [point] where I say “Yeah, okay, that’s it.” No, I love it. I have a desire to do more and show more, which is the exciting part.

This was fun to read. I always thought Boreanaz was just some underwear model who lucked into a career but apparently he actually was into acting as a craft. How charming.

Buffy is smart, tv budget version of the best eras of the Spiderman comics. The quintessential everyman, or everywoman

This shit has been playing up my normie book all day.

I dunno, m8. I thing SMGs work pretty well if you aim for the head.

I love Buffy

but Buffy doesn't love me :(

>Twenty years ago, “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” created the blueprint for what we watch today

Name one thing that Kolchak the Night Stalker, Twin Peaks or X-Files didn't do first.

I'll wait.

I thought he was literally pulled off the street, I heard that story several times

i want to cum inside season 1 SMG
that is all

all the modern superhero tv is based on Buffy more than the comics themselves. Large supporting casts, love triangles, villains that last an entire year NONE of this that you see in Smallville,Arrow and the Flash is from the comics, it's all Buffy.

I love Buffy. The X Files and Buffy were my favorite shows as a kid and they've aged vey well.

I hope they won't ever ruin it with a ''curretn year'' reboot. I don't want black Willow, female Giles, gay Xander and transsexual Buffy.

The Simpsons

B-but what about Xena? It came way before.

the twilight zone

what do they mean by this? no, really, explain it to me since I'm not american.

It means Joss Whedon (and his pet creation, buffy) are responsible for the cancer plaguing modern TV and movies. You know exactly what I'm talking about. Quippy bullshit, petite women as kung fu badasses that take down 300 lb strongmen, etc.

Rate the Buffy girls:

Anya > Cordelia > Buffy > Tara > Willow > Faith > Ms. Calender > Dawn > Joyce

Vampires

Who the fuck watches superhero tv?

I hold buffy the vampire slayer directly responsible for the abomination that is TVtropes

Sex robots?

Why has this been getting pushed so hard for the last month or so? I thought I just had some Buffy obsessed hoes on facebook but it turns out this is some kind of concerted agenda.

....Kolchak and Xfiles both did vampires

Buffy is literally the only good feminist show.

this BAM! RIGHT TO THE MOON

Oh so that's why I never watch tv anymore

buddy DC has 5 shows, marvel has 4, the Power Rangers are still going strong after 20 years plus all the cartoons and shit

Read the comics and you will puke a bit. :/

>Arrow
>the show that saved CW
>most watched show on WB
>so they make 3 more shows which are all popular that air all week

>me on the reft

It's true that the Honeymooners was the first one to do the "bumbling husband, good wife" thing, but they didn't have kids, and it wasn't nearly as exaggerated as later TV shows made it. And it didn't become an all-encompassing meme that applied to literally every sitcom until much more recently.

>Power Rangers

Its going to flop

why the gayest episodes in this show are so awesome?

youtube.com/watch?v=j2rheMw1X4Y

youtube.com/watch?v=5Xh8duZ1-j0

youtube.com/watch?v=5iyM6nDt5g8

What happened to her face? It's like someone rubbed pizza grease on her face.

If this was true, we'd have much better shows right now.

Joss Whedon's feminism doesn’t include women who are not white, straight and cis. It doesn’t spare a fucking thought for intersectionality and throws any other woman under the bus, and if your version of feminism involves talking over them, then your feminism is exclusionary, privileged, racist and doesn’t do jackshit for women who are less fortunate than you.

Joss Whedon’s promotion of feminism included:

- firing an actress for being pregnant.
- a white cis male defining what feminism is.
- secretly calling Natasha a “cunt” in the Avengers being proud of it.
- women being constantly infantilised and depowered and turned into child-like waifish weeping damsels before being empowered.
- promoting and supporting a film that depicted uncriticised violent American imperialism upon Taiwanese people
- cultural appropriation of Chinese culture (Firefly), giving away the Asian roles to white actors (Kaylee, the Tams) and saying that “Summer Glau looked kind of Asian” when questioned about it.
- transmisogyny and dismissing trans women’s anger.
- equating the barely-human Reavers to the Apache. - casting a white woman in what was supposedly an Asian woman’s role, thereby actively erasing Asian women before they could even get a chance to exist.
- equalled sterilisation and a woman’s loss of bodily autonomy and forced medical invasion to equate her to a monster (Avengers: AoU).
- choosing two Jewish-Romani characters and whitewashing them, despite them having been Jewish-Romani for over 50 years in the comics, ignoring the media context where Romani representation is already minimal and dehumanising.

Fuck Joss Whedon. He is not a feminist.

>gay Xander

So willow really did do it?

A lesbian relationship between regular characters?

>Its going to flop
The trailers for power rangers 2017 had the most likes and views of any trailers this year.

WTF is this real?

You okay, buddy?

25 millions in one month. Not even spider-man homecoming and Avengers got those numbers. youtu.be/5kIe6UZHSXw

Yo thx for the pasta

>Joss Whedon's feminism doesn’t include women who are not white

Sarah Michelle Gellar and Scarlett Johansson are Jews.

Al was clever and wasn't a pushover, and was respectable and likeable.

Homer started out a family man who wasn't bright, but that didn't stop him from being a good father and husband. By about season 7 he started to change into the doofus retard he came to be. I don't think you can blame The Simpsons, there just seemed to be a wider social paradigm that was emerging in the mid 90s. It's also when Everybody Loves Raymond came out (Ray being a weakling beta cuck domineered by his wife and mother)

BONED

>good
>feminist

Pick one. Buffy is was awful then and still is now.

Can't wait to meme this like the harry potter pasta

because we all know likes and dislikes translates to currency, yeah?

Has Arrow gotten better or does it just keep getting worse? I quit either during or after the third season.

5>3>7>2>6>1>4

3>2>6>5>1>4
Haven't seen 7 yet.

worthless sacks of shit like you are the problem with Sup Forums

3>2>7>6>5>1

>because we all know likes and dislikes translates to currency, yeah
It did with Cisbusters

>a wider social paradigm that was emerging in the mid 90s
After thought:
Technically late 90s, but I think buffy and charmed are also what came out of this emerging paradigm. I've always thought that these two shows were very similar in principal - strong smart independent women who save their friends and loved ones from dark spiritual forces, while balancing relationship stuff and interpersonal drama along the way. In the latter half of the 90s, there seemed to be an emerging paradigm of gender politics and gender relations that had a strong presence in the media and music. I've always said that there is a major difference between the early 90s and late 90s, and this is one of the reasons.
I have to agree with OPs pic, TV shows like Buffy and Charmed were at the forefront of this 'new wave' of female centred relationship-action-drama shows that we have today, where the relationships and connections and feelings of the characters are perhaps more important than what actually happens, and that the action is a vehicle for the relationship and feelings, not the other way around.

youtube.com/watch?v=98qw86DsdZ0

It was a different time

Xander and Giles are early examples of nu-males

F

>SMG will never be your mom

jdimsa

>1 this low
Eh okay, I love that insanely cheesy 90s vibe

I hated Buffy back then, and I hate television now

fuck, even as a kid I hated those shitty quips and the meme dialogue

omg I can't believe he so brutally asserted his patriarchal biases and bigotry and so shamelessly gave her microagressions without having checked if she had ptsd or anxiety issues first. and then he so arrogantly asserted his self-aware sense male privilege and MANhandled the woman without her initially engaging or expressing prior consent. what a disgusting show! I'm so glad we don't live in the 50s anymore... but then again, I'm not so sure sometimes...

dude the 2000s lmao

20 years later and I'd still fuck both of them.

Kolchak is the blueprint to paranormal shows.

I could see it. Never did like Buffy, nor do I enjoy cable tv.

Which one would you rather marry? Best girl of Buffy, or best girl of Angel?

>all this flat, uninspired, dull, lifeless, hair
I want to go back to the early/mid 90s 2bh, women had beautiful hair back then. it inspired you to touch and embrace it and them, with all its femininity and soft beauty. now it's just 'there' and only just kind of cradle it without revelling in its softness or beauty, ie its femininity. not very appealing.

nice gets though

tough choice, but acker being a texas girl slightly edges out buffy.

you have to admit the ghoulish makeup is top notch though

Never watched Angle but SMG no longer looks like SMG so I choose the other girl. She looks hot af.

I have to disagree, sorry. I think the best makeup is that which is hard to tell if the woman has it on, where it subtly highlights and improves her look, while not distracting away from her natural features.

yeah, SMG didnt age very well. Shes starting to look like Barbara Streisand. Acker looks more or less like she always did

that was a joke, son.

My mistake, I thought you meant ghoulish in a positive sense, as in pale/contrasting/bold/etc.

brehs

Texas girls are best girls. The rest of the state is pretty meh though

Buffy was fucking Boring, Angel is where it was at.

This lad knows whats up

>best girl
>best boy of all time

How can buffyfags even compete?

This. Buffy is the only show I can remember that had a regular lesbian relationship as part of the show and not as some fetish or hamfisted statement.

Season 7 was a bad enough reboot.

>back to school
>phone is your most powerful weapon
>every potential slayer has powers unleashed
>forget about what happened to Faith.

Because Legion

Sarah Michelle Gellar looks like THAT?!

But that's wrong. Willow was gay and Kendra was black.

Buffy was good because it was well written, had great plots and the politic opinions and arguments where subtly mixed in the subtext. The story and character development always took precedence.

Shows today are just to blunt about ideology and all that and feel more like propaganda.
Add to that that they lack focus on character development and you end up with mild forgettable entertainment.

I seriously think Joss should get back to TV. Now he has directed Avengers movies i think it's less likely that they would cancel his shows.

Also

3>2>1>5>7>6>4

PS Angel

2>3>1>5>4

the fuck is wrong with that kid on the left

What the fuck

His dad is into diaper play