What's his best role?

What's his best role?

whether he was straight or gay, I do not know. But I would say Eyes Wide Shut.

Tropic Thunder

SAAAAAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

By far, Austin Powers.

Most people would say Born On The Fourth Of July followed by Eyes Wide Shut

Rain Man is also good but it doesn't require as much from Cruise as from Hoffman.

Pretty sure this is what the mask is hiding behind him, not gayness or kooky religion, but a cold blooded operator.

Yep. This is his best role.

that shooting from the hip was sexy.

no kid, i was always down for the idea as cruise in a poweres movie.

seeing him take one something light hearted like AP would be cool

The JUST role

Collateral is also good, but there's a cool stage quality to his performance that Jamie Foxx and Michael Mann's direction help to undercut.

Cruise never went deep into becoming a skeletor or a freak for a role he wanted. Even Gibson had The Man Without A Face but I can't think of the equivalent in Cruise's filmography.

Magnolia

I didn't even know it was him until I rewatched it once it was out on DVD.

>mfw he just explodes in anger at flaming dragon
>I'm the only one busting a fucking gut at that scene
>getting odd looks from people for laughing my ass off at a comedy

Between that and sitting through most of "due date" wanting to die, only to fucking lose it at Downey Jr. spitting on the dog and calling it a bat eared piece of shit I've learnt that I shouldn't watch comedies at the cinema.

>flaming dragon
Don't you mean Framing Dragon?

pretty sure the technique is now actually taught to law enforcement

I unironically loved him in Interview With the Vampire

Damn, how could I forget? He's just too good in that, used to catch it every Halloween

I do indeed.

RESPECT THE COCK

Ok maybe not his best but it was great seeing him in that role.
Collateral maybe, Last samurai too. I dunno I overall really like him.

The most kino thing I've seen. Based /ourguy/.

It's unironically a good movie, and he's probably the best part outside of the atmosphere.

This

What's the Tom Cruise movie for the Recession era? Is there one?

You mean the one with Nicole Kidman, Far and away?
I think it was in recession era.

Looking at his IMDB listing I just realized I like a ton of Tom Cruise movies. Like close to 20, and the ones I don't like are the ones I haven't seen. That's pretty amazing.

He's a very reliable actor, it's the reason he keeps getting work so consistently along with the fact he's had a multi-picture deal with paramount for sometime now due to the Mission Impossible franchise doing so well on the whole. The guy can bring in box office returns on a fairly reasonable budget outside of his pay rate.

>What's his best role?

The one where he pretends to be straight. Role of a lifetime, in more ways than one.

The different types of roles is what gets me. Lot's of movies that are sort of "out there" if you follow.

Looks great for a man his age.
Post a picture of yourself.

Top gun obviously

Collateral. Although he's also pretty good in Edge of Tomorrow.

So true user. Pic unrelated

what did Val mean by this?