Escape From New York

What did I think of it Sup Forums?

great movie 8/10
Carpenter & Rusell are pretty cool

Great movie. Carpenter is probably my favorite director. I love the style his movies from the 70s/80s have. Shame about his movies as he got older.

In the Mouth of Madness was his last good one. I feel like after the failures of his passion projects he just gave up

The greatest video game movie of all time. Inb4 it's not. It might not be based on a game but Kojima stole so much from it, it's gotta count.

Tbqh I actually think Escape From New York would actually make a pretty fun open-world stealth game

It's a shame. Really shows how shitty and unforgiving the film industry is

Third best John Carpenter movie after The Thing and Big Trouble in Little China.

Yeah. You can tell that John Carpenter was desperate in the making of Christine after the backlash to the thing

Much as I hate the flood of remakes/reboots/sequels we've been getting lately, this is one I wouldn't mind seeing redone. 1980's special effects and a low budget limited Carpenter way too much.

He did redo it. it's called Escape From LA

Apparently we'll be getting a prequel... Eventually

You're gonna wish you didn't say that. Apparently they want to remake it but instead of the whole "post apocalyptic New York". It's going to be a "dystopian futuristic Newyork" where the entire city is monitored by drones and cameras.what a fucking garbage idea

First 20-30 minutes are absolutely perfect. Gets a little derailed after Snake meets the taxi driver, but still a good movie 8/10.

So it will be set modern day

Yeah basically

Kino at it's best

>What did I think of it Sup Forums?
I DONT GIVE A FUCK WHAT YOU OR YOUR PRESIDENT THINKS.

Village of the Damned wasn't that bad. I loved it as a kid.

sad story, got a smoke?

The taxi driver is the 2nd best character. The film isn't supposed to be 100% serious.

Shhhh. We have to pretend that didn't happen.

I liked escape from la too desu

I like it better than NY, probably because I saw it first as a kid and watched it on VHS 100 times

>tfw met him a few years ago at a convention
>tfw he seems depressed as fuck
I know that shit comes with being older but I really hate seeing such a great director being reduced to this shit.

I was lucky enough to watch Escape From LA in theater.

have you watched any of his interviews