Danny Williams: MLS shills tried to force MLS players on the national team

soccer.nbcsports.com/2017/12/08/danny-williams-eager-to-lead-usmnt-rebuild/

>Asked if he was ever given a reason for not being called up by Klinsmann again, or as to why he was not picked by Arena during his ill-fated 11 months in charge of the USMNT, Williams revealed some intriguing details.

>“It was frustrating but nobody really ever talked to me or gave me a reason,” Williams explained. “I didn’t even know what the reason was, you know?...Some people wanted to play the MLS guys a little more but whatever, but Bruce Arena emailed me and said ‘you’re in the picture but I haven’t really seen you.’ And I thought that was a bit strange because you must know your players, don’t you? Especially because I am not 18. I was around the camp but I read something where he said the players Klinsmann invited were German-Americans, I don’t know what it was, but I felt a bit weird about it because I played on a high level for basically now eight or nine years."

>“Obviously I spoke to the boys when I was in Portugal. Everybody has a different view. I heard from a few people that they tried to ‘market the MLS’ a bit more, in the [World Cup] qualifying games and get a name for the MLS. At the end of the day it shouldn’t be about that. It should be about quality and bringing the best players and having a plan. That is it. It is not only the U.S. that failed. Holland failed. Italy. Chile. This is unbelievable. Something is obviously going wrong because other smaller nations, they are speeding up their process. When I look at Iceland, they are a small country but they are actually playing at the World Cup.”

Why does My Little Sawker destroy everything it touches? We could have been in the world cup have we played McKennie, Miazga and Williams but now we have to be shitposted at with >trinidad and tobago posting

honestly, Im glad we got btfo if this was the mentality of our retarded federation.

I kind of get it, kind of don't. On one hand, a better MLS increases youth interest, and gets a wider range of players, but the National team doing well will do that tenfold so it's really dumb.

I feel sad for you Murrilards. I saw highlights of the friendly against Portugal and every murrican player fought with passion and looked great. Compare that to the hex games like against Honduras away with an all mls lineup you looked and played fucking horrible.

>but the National team doing well will do that tenfold
Don't almost all Americans prefer national (+Canada) league sports to international level competitions?

Williams is mediocre, though. He shouldn't be called up either.

Isn't that illegal?

This, but there's not many international level competitions outside of soccer. The baseball world classic didn't draw that much attention even though America won it.

Olympics, obviously, but the ratings for that are always huge no matter what.

If Williams is mediocre then U.S Soccer must be retarded for calling up worse than mediocre players like Bradley and McCarty.

This. I'm glad we got butt blasted because hopefully that will be enough to finally spur some real change.

US soccer, SUM and mls are ran by the same people so no. I felt something was suspicious when I saw mls heavy lineups for a lot of important games yet Im not surprised this mls shilling crap has been exposed openly.

That's what makes this world cup blunder even more fucked up: we could have qualified with the young kids in europe.

Trannies & Trombonne were playing a youth team tho, even MLS players should have been able to get a draw

Get an all star nasl team next time, maybe.

MLS is that fucking garbage

Is anyone really surprised?

You don't get a "better MLS" by shoehorning in garbage MLS players like Morris, Bradley or Altidore. That's all US Soccer's and MLS's fault for not developing youth properly. A national team should pick the best players available period.

The NASL are suing USSF so couldn't they use Williams words against them?

I don't think you realize just how bad mlels is.

Just what is SUM?

Klinsmeme stopped called him up
Arena tried to play with his players

No it won't
Soccer won't grow anymore if the best American players aren't in America

>A national team should pick the best players available period.
According to Sup Forums, if you're from certain countries, you should only pick white players or have some kind of racial quota to make sure your national team "truly represents your country"

>All MLS lineup
There were never more MLS players than players based elsewhere

But Huddersfield town is MLS tier

people mostly say that because they believe in the "blacks are physically superior at a young age but not more skilled than whites" meme. Which really isn't true but it's less about representation

MLS is like bottom half Championship. And he wasn't at Huddersfield last season anyway.

Whatever, like said, he's mediocre as fuck

Danny Williams is shit. All the Euro based players are pretty shit. You guys have to stop thinking that a player on a shitty European club is automatically better just due to the fact he plays overseas. I agree that the best US players need to be in Europe for maximum development like Pulisic, but to think that guys like Danny Williams and Matt Miazga will save the national team is ridiculous. They are generic trash at the same level as most MLS players. They aren't good.

it won't grow if the best players don't play soccer. everyone goes to football, baseball, basketball or hockey first.

alex hunter ripped it up but he's pretty elite

getting zerg rushed by the mexicans won't save us either. all we get are the illiterate 5'2" jungle goblins

blacks are mentally inferior to everyone

>They are generic trash at the same level as most MLS players.
kek

this is a legit issue for sure, but you're still retarded every time you post.

You think that a teenager that wasn't playing for a senior team and two guys who have been mediocre to bad in the senior caps would have been a marked improvement? I would've liked to see williams get a look, but he's not some powerhouse, and the miazga thing is laughable... gonzo, ream and cameron made the biggest defensive errors in the qualifiers, and none of them play in MLS. And don't you dare say anything about shilling, because I haven't said a single positive thing about the MLS, you're just a cancerous retard and deserve to be mocked as such.

based amerifats dropping the truth bomb payload

>Morris could've signed for Werder Bremen, but decided the MLS and the Sounders was much more comfy

this is absolute horse shit.

Arena called up the certain MLS guys because he believed they were the best the US had to offer.
this is conspiracy tier.

>Chooses to line up mostly MLS players
>Looses against trombone & Toblerone
KEK

This. and i like Danny Willaims but he hardly cracks the top 5 center D -mids for the US.

its sort of apples and oranges. There's more parity between teams here than in the championship, but there's way more divergence in quality of player within any given club because of the way contracts and salary caps are structured here.

>because I played on a high level for basically now eight or nine years."
U wot m8

he's Danny Williams' bestie FYI

Why do you just lie and think you can get away with it?

What is hilarious is that Jermaine Jones bullied him on Instagram in one of his rants videos. Apparently he wanted to stay close to his parents and gf and the brand new dog they bought him kek, what a pussy.

Imagine being as delusional and retarded as Doyle to think that My Little Soccer is good.

It's time to go back to r/mls

>You guys have to stop thinking that a player on a shitty European club is automatically better just due to the fact he plays overseas
They are better because they play in a professional cut throat environment - where results and performances mean the difference between starting on the team and getting sold - and play at a faster pace compared to MLS. This is why we didn't qualify because we had MLS faggots getting too comfortable with their spots on the team thinking they were the hot shit scoring against minimum wage janny wage tier traffic cone defenders.
Put in all the european based players and they would have gotten the job done with a no nonsense mentality. Put in Michael Bradley or Altidore and they would be jogging like fucking pussies while Tilapia and Tahiti players score on them.

If i remember correctly, and I'm being 100% honest here, there were some media reports here in germany that stated that the reason the Morris deal failed was because he got pressured by some MLS suits, who made it clear that "his chances of making it into the NT are much higher if he stays in Seattle".

nothing wrong with it, professional sport players earn enough to put family first

Johnson and McKennie are some pretty solid players/talents though.

He's in his early twenties. If you're putting money first over your career trajectory then you're no better than huehues who go to China to get paid money and become nobodies. If he wanted to play on the national team, he should've pushed himself in Germany but now he's so fucking atrocious in MlelS and too old to start over that he's a distant figure.

>nagbe
>Acosta
>GUZAN
>Fucking Morris
>Zusi
I know that our boy from the Belgium league made a blunder in Portugal but I sincerely hope he continues developing in Europe.

Josh Sargent has also agreed to sign with Werder Bremen when he turns 18, played in the U20 world cup at 17 years old

Godfuckingdamn mls is a fucking cancer.

Bradley is world class, at least according to Alexis Lalas

America likes to be good at shit, so if we were good at soccer it would draw a shit ton of people.

Look at the Olympics, those are sports no one gives a fuck about but since we dominate, we care.

The cognitive dissonance with mls shills is honestly amazing. You have one Usmnt player who has actually talked to the people on the inside about this and confirmed what most critics could have guessed about the mls bias and these retards just deny it.

>Look at the Olympics
If you look at the Olympics you see many examples of sports that America is very good at that get next to zero national attention.

Alexis Lalas is a fucking retard and another establishment shill.

Bullshit

Buddy, Landon Donovan was the best known American soccer player because he played well in the national team and not because of the shitty records he broke in mlels. You wanna grow the sport in America, you gotta make the national team competitive against the big teams in the world cup. No one cares about mlels right now.

I kinda like Nagbe and Zusi. I don't think they were the real problems.

Niggerbe was a lazy piece of shit who only wanted to dribble and Zushit was just fucking garbage at right back.

can’t speak for anybody else but I don’t give a damn about international competition except women’s Olympic curling and biathlon

>Damarcus Beasley
You've got to be kidding me. I remember watching him on loan at City about 15 years ago. How fucking old is he now?

>women’s Olympic curling
It's no Scotties Tournament of Hearts.

Probably over 35 by now. He was great ten years ago when he played for PSV but now he's largely past it because of father time. The fact that he's playing as our left back should tell you how thin our talent pool is.

>Alexis Lalas
biggest mlels shill on television m8

If there is one good thing that came out of us not qualifying for the world cup, it's that we never have to see this humongous faggot play for usmnt ever again

thank crhist

i watch him most weeks. he's good at his job, breaking up play, tackling and giving it to someone more skillful. shouldn't be relying on him though