"LOGAN" REJECTED IDEAS

Thoughts?

>"There was a moment when we were thinking about including Sabretooth", said writer Scott Frank, "As I recall, James Mangold had an idea where when they were on the run, and they go to the gambling town, there may have been at that point they were going to see Sabretooth for help. He was going to be there for help. Now that you mention it! I wouldn't swear to it, but we thought that would have been an interesting thing to do. And then for whatever reason we didn't do it."

>"It actually hits home a lot harder than the versions that really painted out specifically the flashback of what happened in Westchester one year prior," said writer Michael Green, "Of course there are versions we wrote that were never filmed with the actual flashback of what happened, but I've found the experience of watching it is far more poignant to just know that it was something really regrettable and it was bad and most likely, friends were lost. Or maybe it was people we didn't know."

>"I sketched out different conversations for that scene and one of them went to a much darker place. Mrs. Munson asks Logan if he’s married, and Charles says he was, but he killed her. Of course, he wasn’t really married. But what that then spawns is Charles waxing poetic about Jean Grey", said director James Mangold, "The problem was, it created an incredibly powerful lead brick in the middle of the only moment in the movie where there was a breather. Even I, with my taste for the dark, felt that it was one too many. I think it will make it to the Blu-ray."

movieweb.com/logan-wolverine-3-liev-schreiber-sabretooth-scene/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1o9c1w8G94g
empireonline.com/movies/features/logan-trailer-breakdown-james-mangold-talks-us-first-teaser/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sabretooth as x-24 would have been perfect, instead of the a stupid clone

but then we wouldn't have got "that wasn't me"
and two wolverines stabbing each other, that armpit fucking stab.

the thing about that armpit stab and all the stabs in general weren't really as cringe inducing as they could've been. im kinda curious to see what the reaction wouldve been if they emulated the raid 2s cringe inducing violence where he stabbed the armpit then dragged it down the entire bicep, essentially filleting off both bicep and tricep.

It'd be less silly than a clone that's for sure. Also Sabretooth is Logan's evil counterpart so it sort of fits.

Having them team up wouldn't have been terrible either. Played by Liev Schreiber of course.

Would've been cool to see Sabretooth and reference Jean.

X-Men origins was all about him and sabertooth cheating death time after time. That whole beginning of the movie was great. It should have ended with them again god damn it killing each other and embracing each other in a man hug.

I hope they make a movie about the girl. I really like how she has the claws and talons on her feet as well. Really kind of sad that we won't see anymore Wolverine or X-Men though.

>Mrs. Munson asks Logan if he’s married, and Charles says he was, but he killed her.
That's actually a great moment

No Sabretooth is lame and X24 was actually intimidating because it was just wolverine in constant berserk mode

It'd be fine if it wasn't for the fact that the only character Liev Schreiber knows how to play is Liev Schreiber

I wish they would've shown the fucking west Chester scene. That's all I was waiting to be revealed the entire movie. Would have been great seeing all the xmen dying in front of Logan but he's powerless to stop it. They could have had Jean be the only other one about to stop it but she succumbs to Charles attack

No it wouldn't. Thank god you don't make movies.

Cmon Jimmy

dont respond to me. Fucking loser

This movie absolutely ruined Days of Future Past for me.

Don't respond to this thread since you clearly don't understand what makes kino just that.

this

I didn't feel there was enough closure for the other characters. Good movie tho, a bit overhyped.

Not that user but I think it was much better to have it off screen, something so horrific is best left to the imagination

Plus if they had that scene their budget would have to be stepped up a shitload to get all the other X-actors

Autism
Yeah I know that was the better route. But I would've liked to see some form of the xmen one more time before they revamp it for the 3rd time

>revamp it for the 3rd time
Not seen Apocalypse but aren't they just going to make another movie with that cast?

Fucking thread about goddamn kiddy books. You two are pathetic.

>capeshit
Who gives a fuck

Nope I think they're going with the route of the new mutants books or whatever. I Heard the guys who played Charles and Eric only signed on for those three movies.

And Here you are bitching about it. I don't know which is more cringy

Hmm, could be cool

just think of it like an alternate future after apocalypse. the timeline for the xmen series is really fluid anyway, the "main" timeline is one where logan doesn't happen.

plebs complaining about the clone when it objectively and thematically makes more sense than Sabretooth

I like the idea of them coming across Sabretooth and possible getting help from him. But I don't like the idea people seem to have of him replacing X-24 Wolverine. Sabretooth clone as the baddie just wouldn't have had the same shock value.

Also, a flashback scene would've been cool I think. But maybe it's best they left it out. Wish they'd actually shot it though. I'd watch an extended cut for it.

I don't mind talking about comic book movies, but there was no excuse for that level of splurging.

Didn't someone officially say it was in the main timeline? I dunno.

The other day I was thinking about how replacing X-24 with Sabretooth might have been cool. Sabretooth could still be young because he doesn't have adamantium poisoning him, and he could have been an actual character instead of a grunting plot device.

that's like something a kid would come up with.
you guys have no idea how to make kino

i guess, it seems like later xmen movies will use other mutants. i kinda hope they dont though and treat logan as an alternate timeline. there are too many classic xmen stories you can use from the comics that dont need xavier and wolverine but they do need the other classic mutants.

No. They've specifically said Logan is it's own timeline, to avoid making it the certain future of the series.

McAvoy is coming back, but Fassbender isn't.

The clone had the same haircut and beard as sabertooth, did they do that on purpose?

>Charles talks about Logan kill Jean Grey

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETHATS THE WRONG TIMELINE JUST LET ME HAVE THIS WITHOUT MY AUTISM MAKING ME HATE IT

They barely alluded to it, I thought it was something that happened in the comics, same with the metal hands guys. Assumed it was common knowledge for neckbeards and people that actually follow capeshit.

Seek Dark Souls for an example for how to subtly introduce story elements, this was just shit.

I think so, yeah

the movie probably would've suffered from having too many characters. Also, it would've taken away from the focus on Charles' and Logan's relationship.

so...what about Magneto??? are they gonna recast him too?

>ignore this critically acclaimed film by a great director and look to a children's electronic toy for how to do things

It's supposed to function as a "what if"

I actually thought it was sabretooth when I first saw him. Took me a bit to realise it was a wolverine clone.

except for the buzzcut, it was classic wolverine facial hair. That's why the kids gave him the same shave.

Are any of the other Wolverine movies good? I enjoyed Logan.

Yeah, so did I for a hot sec. That's why I think it was intentional.

The Wolverine was decent. Parts of origins were tolerable.

They're just not going to use either him or Mystique. The next movie is adapting the Dark Phoenix Saga.

So far McAvoy, Nicholas Hoult, Sophie Turner and Lana Candor are confirmed. The others are still up in the air.

the origins movie was okay. The Wolverine should be avoided. Logan is seriously the jewel of the X-men movies.

No. They're both messes.

>metal bladed healing man won't be our weapon
>give a healing girl metal blades and try to make her a weapon
>also clone healing man and give him metal blades
>repeat until it works

>The next movie is adapting the Dark Phoenix Saga

I'm sure there are other X-Men they could focus on for a movie. Too bad they killed them all off so that Wolverine would be the last one to go.

Shit, he does look like X24 a bit

not as good as Logan, it's far above the rest.

The Wolverine is okay. You either love it or hate it, I think because the movie doesn't know what it wants to be. Just goes from being action thriller/drama to complete capeshit at the end.

X-Men Origins: wolverine is fun if you just wanna watch mutants in action on screen I guess. It's the type of film I'd watch if I had a pizza with me and I found it playing on tv.

ehh, maybe Fassbenders Magneto. Stewart and Jackman were the only two other actors who were worth a shit.

Sounds to me like it's downhill from here.

>not including based McKellen

they totally robbed us of a Old Magneto going all out against Sentinels scene in DOFP.

>Clone that was made with the purpose of looking like Wolverine looks like guy who is related to Wolverine

First 15 minutes of Origins is pretty great.
First two-thirds of The Wolverine is decent.

I'm glad they kept all that baggage out.

I'm not sure Logan killing Jean AGAIN would've been a good twist and would leave a ton of questions about why he did it.

pretty sure Ian is burned the fuck out of capeshit/fantasy after the Hobbit. dude just wants to act and they keep using him as a CGI prop.

>implying his daughter isn't a reincarnation of Jean who will be killed by Sabertooth

This is everything good about Origins.
youtube.com/watch?v=1o9c1w8G94g

>kids are more kino than this user
Sad!

this i some of the most uncapeshit shit out there, try it

this. Opening sequence of the two fighting different wars was a terrific idea.

Sabertooth already looked like a buzz cut Wolverine anyways

>using fully automatic rifles for an execution
anta baka

The Weapon X stuff immediately after wasn't terrible, Ryan Reynolds actually did a pretty decent Deadpool during that bit, The Elevator scene was genuinely funny.

I think he meant Charles killed her in Westchester.

I don't understand the movies obsession with the Logan/Jean pairing. I feel like they barely interacted beside them sharing longing looks at each other.

breh they already fought like 10 times in each movie , people dont want to see that again.

nah man, origins was 5/10 rest like japan one sucked

yea that too. Tbh I would've liked to see the team more. That was fun to watch. Maybe a bit more Agent Zero and pre-op Deadpool action.

>The Weapon X stuff immediately after wasn't terrible
Shoot Gook reloading in the air wasn'tterrible?
>Ryan Reynolds actually did a pretty decent Deadpool during that bit
He cut a bullet in half with a sword.
>The Elevator scene was genuinely funny.
It was a fart joke, man.

they should of expanded on that, the trailer really misleads you to think it was going to be about wolvering fighting in a civil war and not some shitty montage

Hate shilling for capeshit, but unironically this.

Sabretooth is the anti-wolverine, not his reflection. He's savage and has many similarities, but he doesn't touch on many of the main themes of Wolverine as a character.

The main conflict that has gripped Wolverine ever since muh Stryker has been reconciling the humanity he's lost over his long life after fucktons of bloodshed/watching countless friends die while being specifically made into a weapon that harnesses that jaded apathy.

X-24 was manufactured specifically to be a weapon, but didn't have the experience of humanity to be anything else. Wolverine killing him not only solidified his transition to finally becoming human through being a father, but also showed the parallel between him and Professor X, as they wouldn't be what they were if they hadn't seen the worst of human nature and suffered through it, only to use it to overcome it.

It's pure kino, but was presented poorly.

>Wolverine killing him
He got BTFO by him and his daughter had to use the bullet Wolverine was going to kill himself with to kill the clone.

His daughter was a clone of him anyway

correct. Sabretooth replacing X-24 Wolverin is retarded.

>Not understanding poorly implemented capeshit '''''symbolism'''''
>Anno Domini 2017

That part was foreshadowed way too much. I get that you show it once, remind the audience, then payoff, but the reminder was way too long and made it too obvious it would come in with X24. I love the bit about Wolverine using it to an hero, but it should have just been that bit and then a wordless reminder for the audience after that.

I was just saying it's not like Wolverine getting in touch with humanity tapped into some power that the clone didn't possess. The clone destroyed him in both fights and he had to be saved/avenged. It's obvious that he was going to lose to the clone though due to it being a juiced up machine whereas Wolverine was dying of super-AIDS.

I don't think they overdid it. When did they show it apart from the first time, and X-23 putting it in the gun?

As much as Logan ended up being (relatively) pseudo-kino, you have to remember that it was marketed as capeshit and made a fuckton of concessions to the capeshit audience.

I'm honestly surprised they got away with as much as they did.

not him but they did show once or twice laura reaching for the revolver

>he had to be saved/avenged

That's the point. As Logan is slowly depowered, he comes more and more in contact with his humanity. Had he been X-24, he would have stood a good chance, but the dual-themes in him voluntarily fighting him when he knows he's outmatched are that he's at peace with his mortality and will sacrifice it for someone he loves and that he ultimately wins because the human connections he's forged let him 'win the war despite losing the battle.'

The bullet he was going to use to kill himself being used by his daughter to kill his foil illustrates that, but like the other anons have said, it was hamfisted as shit.

>if your enemies kill you, you win

Why would an adamantium bullet kill Wolverine?

it can get through his adamantium plated skull

Wrong. They specifically said Logan is set six years after the happy ending of Future Past.

>“We are in the future, we have passed the point of the epilogue of Days Of Future Past,” is all that Mangold will admit about the timing of this film.

empireonline.com/movies/features/logan-trailer-breakdown-james-mangold-talks-us-first-teaser/

Logan isn't in some alternate future. It's set six years after FP (FP's ending was 2023, Logan is 2029).

When it says "he killed her" it means "Charles killed her," because Charles killed the X-Men (except Logan) when he couldn't control his psychic powers.

>if you sacrifice yourself so that others who are more important than you can get away (which was your entire goal), then you win
Well, yes.

Why didnt that happen in Origins, then?

So? He can heal his brain. They already established that in previous movies.

i dont remember origins, they shot him with an adamantium bullet then? anyway, the fact that his healing factor is failing is what ensure the bullet will kill him. he can recover like he used to from traumatic brain injury.

his healing factor is failing in the movie.

>Finding Sabertooth down and out in Vegas
>hes well on his way to the grave
>Sorry, Logan, I cant even help myself
>Fighting X24, hes about to give the death blow to Logan
>Saber shows up to deliver a distracting attack, he takes 3 to the chest
>Logan takes X24s head off
>Thank you brother, I'll see you soon.

>"all the mutants are dead"
>"oh hey here's another mutant to throw in as a cameo!"

real quote from the movie
'his brain will grow back, but not his memories'