I final,t got around to watching this and I don't get the praise...

I final,t got around to watching this and I don't get the praise. How does everyone like this shit when there's no story, barely any dialogue, boring action and pretty much paper thin characters? Mad Max literally doesn't do shit the entire time and it's based around Charlize Theron's stuff

yeah, I'm a HUGE fan of The Road Warrior and I thought this was the most over-rated movie I've ever seen.

Haven't seen that so I can't compare. Will probably give it a watch if you think it's better than this shit

>How does everyone like this shit when there's no story, barely any dialogue, boring action and pretty much paper thin characters?

Same thing can be said about Moonlight (except for the action) and it won best picture.

I don't know what that is but fuck that too

your cinema illiteracy is showing

Fuck off. My favorite movie is fight club

no u
Your mistake is thinking that the average person is cinema literate.

so you like having the entire story told to your face

you dont get what visual story telling is so this isnt your movie

dumb phoneposter

I understand what that is but this movie doesn't do it

>this movie doesn't do it

yes it does

If Mad Max doesn't do anything in Mad Max you must be a fucking superhero tier action man. What a fucking absurd thing to still be saying years after the viral hate campaign died.

Fury Road was fucking incredible if you missed that soundtrack and spectacle on the big screen you genuinely missed this movie. There aren't many movies that are so uniquely made for the cinema experience.

the story is super clear and is shown like ten minutes into the movie for fucks sake

I agree, the movie was shit.

I'm genuinely thinking this thread is just bait now from this response

>boring action
Kek 1/10 apply yourself.

I hate this movie must be experienced at the theater meme. That does not fix thi smmovies problems dumbass

You probably think Transformers is a good franchise.

Yes the movie was decent. But there was a ton of shit done badly.

>visual story
its 2 hours of cirque du soleil for manchildren theres no story, visual or otherwise

Kay, have a good rest of your night.

C'mon man Fury Road is basically a modern Road Warrior

the only thing Road Warrior has over it is lower-budget nostalgia appeal and an 80's look. Also young based Mel. Don't get me wrong I like it too but Fury Road is pretty much Road Warrior as George Miller would have made it if he could have.

The distinction between people who loved and hated this movie was directly correlative wth wether people went to see it or pirated a Camrip to see how feminist it was.

The CGI tear off engine was certainly shit. The films influence even so soon after it came out speaks for itself though. Logan's driving scenes for instance.

It has good action scenes and tons of very nice-looking practical effects.

It was praised because nowadays people think that garbage capeshit filled with disgusting CGI and shaky cam(although Fury Road has it too) is the pinnacle of action genre so it was sure exceptionally good.

The same thing applies to John Wick, really. It's not exceptionally good, it's just that it's piece competent work in sea of shit.

>so it was sure exceptionally good.
in comparison that is

>The distinction between people who loved and hated this movie was directly correlative wth wether people went to see it or pirated a Camrip to see how feminist it was.
I've pirated decent version once it was available to see how feminist it was.

To be honest the feminism hinders the movie a little bit - classic feminist hate for children and family is obviously there, I mean I can think of 1000 better motivations for the wives to leave Joe's harem than just "he's evil because he wants to have children with us", I mean, make him treat the wives as an expendable kid making machines which he throws out of cliff once they reach menopause(simple twist and it's already much more "realistic"), but no, you have some old hag there as well so he obviously doesn't do it. It's a minor thing nobody really cares about though. Then you have things that backfire everywhere, see the "stronk womyn" narrative, with stronk womyn that would die in a desert if it wasn't for Max to give them directions, or "wombyn paradise" that went to shit.

For a little objectivity try to remember this movie won 6 Academy Awards

Not that the Oscars alone define what a good film is, but a bunch of fucks who only like dramas gave this movie 6 of the most prestigious awards in the industry. You don't have to like it but you can't say it's objectively bad, or even mediocre

absolutely the worst thought process I have witnessed

very bad post

I would agree if I couldn't tell the difference between feminist characters and a feminist movie. They all got fucked up as you say. No different than any apocalypse movie that portrays contemporary elements of society exaggerated to create a pocket culture. It was a fun idea just marketed terribly.

Announcing that the Vagina Monologues writer was consulted to make more convincing female dialogue was the greatest marketing in in recent years. Fortunately the movie spoke for itself and earned sequels anyway.

For you

I didn't like this film mostly because Mel Gibson did not portray Max

I liked some parts like the villains, the dialogue and the whole setting. I did not like any of the good guys. I also think it was overrated