This is what 32 years old man looks like in the dullest franchise universe

>This is what 32 years old man looks like in the dullest franchise universe
Bravo, Rowling

>played by colin farrell until the very end reveal shot

did depp even get paid for this?

prob more than anyone else in that movie

Dark magic is a hell of a drug

Joke on you, Helena Bonham Carter looked sexier than she ever playing Death Eater

>this scene
I took my falcon and walked right out of the theater.

He looks like a fat and homeless version of David Lynch

>falcon

Is there a more reddit theatre meme than this?

Am I the only one who groaned when I saw Johnny Depp's stupid head?

Yep

If they replaced a nobody with Depp it MIGHT have worked, but going from one has-been meme star to another seems kinda unnecessary, no?

Even if the actor that played him looked like the age he was meant to be portraying in the dullest franchise known to man...it would still be one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>Okay JK we need a spell that will reveal the villains true identity, never mind that he has no reason to suspect Farrell is actually Depp at all
>Don't worry Ive got just the thing
How did they get away with this?

The anvil one is pretty close

Read her twitter posts and all will become clear

She's a cunt.

Did they even have haircuts like that at the time?

I think so?

Yes

Grindelwalds is too """"extreme"""" should have been more toned down

It's literally the same thing

are you asking me?

Bump

>undercuts

When will this meme haircut die?

They look good on Chads

I wish people would stop bitching about Stephen King. His books are genius in their own genre. Especially nowadays they are perfect time capsules from their time. It is a masterpiece, Christine is a personal favourite. You can both praise these books AND the accepted 'literary classics'. Hating Stephen King reeks of jealousy and jumping the bandwagon. Yawn.

I thought of Lynch too, kek

Cool story nerd

BACK THE FUCK OFF?

NO???????????

*unzips dick*

*unzips vagina, revealing a gun*

*faints*

*nuzzles u*

rawr

fuck off faggot this was supposed to be funny

I tried my best

Hey shut the fuck up Colin was Alexander the Great.
Don't you dare insult him again.

colin is fagit

kek

So was your mom. So what?

Why could none of the main characters fucking enunciate in this film? Sat through two hours of quiet mumbling for this shitty Depp reveal.

nooo senpai u make me sadsies

do not mention the less cool site baka desu senpai

This movie was legitimately awful, it looked like Looney Tunes; real life setting with whacky cartoon characters thrown in

Also I couldn't hear what the main character was saying

Maybe if you're an idiot.

rowland has a chance to fix her universe with new series of movies with villains, HP series was really shitty and its not something you are going to rewatch. while watching LOTR is comfy as much as it was 15 years ago.

HP villains are just pure dumb, I know it was book for kids, but its more level of toddlers.

HP universe lack real persons, real characters, real world is not white or black, people are not only good or bad, its always tone of gray.

She could you grindewald to describe dark and more interesting personality, show world from different perspective.

If she is going to make another magic version of nazi europe its just waste of time (bad germans/bad pure blood magicains vs good crystal people).

Universe has potential to create really good movies, but it require some deep lever writing. Showing world of magic from perspective of people like grindewald, his motivation and reason why he grow this way, nothing is black or white.