Twin Peaks

What is going on with the marketing for season 3? Are they not showing any footage from it because it looks like shit? Did Lynch go full Inland Empire again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BdnwXiwnDaM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why would you want a trailer? They always give too much shit away and Twin Peaks ended on a cliffhanger so why bother.

It's going to be great.

>Did Lynch go full Inland Empire

I really fucking hope so.
you're a faggot if you think Indland Empire was bad.

I'm not saying I need a trailer, but a teaser showing something.

It's already been said that it'll be more in the vein of FWWM, so you should just expect something along those lines. Won't have the quirkiness to it that the first two seasons did. Everything we've seen and heard about it makes it seem like it'll have a pretty bleak tone.

youtube.com/watch?v=BdnwXiwnDaM

There ya go.

THIS

I'm hoping they wait until a week or two before airing, then hit us with a "WHO KILLED [CHARACTER]?" teaser.

I wonder if Coop's been possessed by BOB this entire time.

I'm pretty sure all those promos are shot by Showtime and not actually anything from the series itself.

>thinks Lynch's films are in a "which can be the weirdest" competition

I am going to say Coop has been possessed and Laura Dern is going to be Diane or another FBI agent tasked with finding him. Probably won't see Coop for a couple of episodes.

It's the best you are going to get. There won't be a teaser with actual footage, and that's a good thing.

Inland Empire is an eyesore, call me an old fashioned normie, but I like it when things are shot on proper cameras and I also like it when things are cinematic.

>It's the best you are going to get. There won't be a teaser with actual footage, and that's a good thing.

Maybe it is, but it makes me skeptical, who made that decision? Why are they so afraid of showing it? If it's Lynch's decision, that's cool.

It's shitty marketing desu, I haven't seen a single mention of this outside of Sup Forums. If you don't want to give away plotpoints, then film stuff specifically for a trailer and no that doesn't mean angelo playing piano and botoxed Dale shuffling around

I've seen all the movies but haven't seen any twin peaks stuff, where do I begin? I'm excited

t. prefers Dune to Inland Empire

They're trying to keep everything a secret so that people can be surprised.

With the fucking pilot you donut.

You only watch episodes that are prime numbers in reverse release order

But he was featured fairly prominently in teaser posters. I think the show will start and we think he's regular ol' Coop, who's been promoted to Sheriff or something since the dude who played Truman isn't returning, but in an episode cliffhanger the audience is informed that it's actually BOB posing as Coop to orchestrate something sinister to happen to Twin Peaks.

/theory

Watch the first two seasons then the movie, then watch season 3 when it comes out

Just as insufferable as all the normies on facebook and tumblr making memes of Season 3 will be, are the faggots on here, who let's face it probably only just saw Twin Peaks less than a year ago, and are acting as if they're all hot shit.
>muh inland empire
>le normies reeeeee
>i used to like twin peaks before it was cool!

Seriously, kill yourselves.

>which can be the weirdest

Inland Empire isn't his best movies because it's his weirdest (In fact I think his second best is The Straight Story) it's his best movie because it's his most ambitious. It's a matter of opinion if that ambition pays off but in my opinion it does.

can you point on the doll where inland empire touched you?

>Won't have the quirkiness to it that the first two seasons did. Everything we've seen and heard about it makes it seem like it'll have a pretty bleak tone.
If that's true it's going to be pretty shit. I know the hipsters on here love FWWM for some odd reason, but it's legitimately a piece of shit.

t. faggot acting like he's hot shit for watching a tv show several years ago

I'm 100% sure that Harry will have been killed by Evil Coop

>always liked the DUN DUN song from twin peaks
>my mom used to watch it so I always remembered it as comfy childhood etc
>watch the show myself from the pilot, fall asleep during second episode
>get bored, figure it's just a whodunit thing that drags on but comfy style like Fargo
>read it all on Wikipedia

God damn, that is some trippy shit.

It doesn't mean that style works for Twin Peaks, an integral part of Twin Peaks is the comedy and soap opera aspects not just the edgy FWWM stuff

BUT DUDE FWWM IS LIKE SOOOOO DARK YOU JUST DONT UNDERSTAND

No, I actually agree with that. I love Inland Empire (And I think it could have made for a good television show if we lived in a world where something like that would fly) but you'tre absolutely right in saying that Twin Peaks without the humor and the more mundane aspects would be worse for it.

Though the reason FWWM didn't have much of that is less because Lynch didn't want it in there and more because he had to edit a lot of it out. The 4 hour fancut feels a lot more like the show.

Possible but, I am fairly sure Hawk, James and Robert Forrester (confirmed playing Harr's brother) will be the main Twin Peaks cops.

You start with season 2 but watch only James scenes. Then you watch season 1, also only James scenes. Then you watch the movie.
After that you should listen(yes, just listen, no picture, just audio) to the scenes from season 2 where Coop is reminiscing about Windom Earle.
Then you watch entire season 1, movies(but only David Bowie scenes), season 2(only Josie Packard scenes), season 1(only Shelly scenes) and entire season 2.

OH SHI-

>only 2 months left

i'm gonna rewatch the show and i bought Secret History of Twin Peaks to read before the new season

i'm hyped, lads

I think he was talking about how it was filmed.

Yupp

It's obviously too early to tell, but it is interesting that the marketing campaign is 100% built on nostalgia, even going so far as using fan art to promote the show on social media, they're literally asking for it.

If the show had any other person behind it, this wouldn't have seemed like anything more than pandering, but given that FWWM starts with a television set being smashed, I have to wonder if the premiere is just going to systematically destroy any hopes people had of the show being the "same old twin peaks"

it's just Showtime doing the usual modern PR strategies. it's not necessarily indicative of the show.

They need people to tune in because Lynch negotiated a better deal than they planned to give. They need as much ad $$$ as they can get.

Donna looked like shit during the show as well, just an average haughty upper-middle class teenager
FWWM Donna was way cuter