Is this show worth getting invested into?

Is this show worth getting invested into?

Yes, but the wait between seasons is hellish.

If you like tits, dragons and no black people then yes

only the first season, maybe the first 2

Nah

Only if you like fan fiction

Well after watching all the seasons I'd say, watch season 1 ditch the rest.

The first episode is pretty shit. After that it's brilliant.

Ignore the haters.

Not at this point. If you haven't already seen it then you're just a pleb for watching it now.

Watch the first season, then decide if you want to continue.

The first episode will either hook you or it won't. In which case don't bother. Season 4 is amazing but the last 2 seasons have been dire.

If you're a tasteless normie then go for it. It's not like you're going to be doing anything better with your time anyway.

Watch season 1 and jump outta the wagon. It has a very satisfying end and you won't have to watch the decline that the later season will suffer.

If you like shows with a catchy opening tune, watch this.

nope

nop, try the last kingdom or vikings if you haven't yet

First 4 seasons are good but, overrated. Season 5 and 6 are utter shit besides muh battles.

Depends. If you root for based characters portrayed by good actors like Davos, Tywin or Mance Ryder, go for it. If you care about memes like Arya, Daenerys or Jon Snow, kill yourself

seasons 1-3 are worth, 4 begins the dip in quality but has a lot of good moments. Stop there the show turns into utter trash.

90% of it consists of never ending sententious dialogues that go nowhere.

Season 4 was fucking terrible. First 3 seasons were amazing but season 4 is where it got shit

No, it's pure trash after the first 2 seasons.
Watch the 3ed and 4th if you really like it, but avoid the 5th and 6th seasons at all cost.

No OP, I would definitely not recommend that you invest any of your time into one of the dullest franchise in the history of tv franchises. Seriously each episode following Daenerys and her wyvern pals as they fight assorted shitlords has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when GRRM vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody. Just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his books which he will never finish before dying of fat. The GoT series might be anti-Tolkien (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-fantasy series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "dies."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several hundred times. I was incredulous. GRRM's mind is so governed by cliches and literal shit metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of GoT by a Redditor. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading GRRM at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on Reddit." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "GoT" you are, in fact, trained to be a Redditor.

tfw this goes for LOST BrBa and sopranos

GoT is not even good fantasy lmfao. The main problem is grimdarkn just for the sake of being edgy without any self awareness from writer. This is just so fucking weak.

yup, only the 3 first seasons though

Season 4 danerys was shit, the rest was good

Season 6 is the best Sopranos season you fucking pleb.

The LK is shit. I watched all of the series but missed the last episode, because I couldn't work out why I was watching such shit.

that explains Sup Forumss hate

First three seasons are a great little story, from season 4 on it isn't really a story anymore, it's more like a soap opera with cheap predictable drama