Why there are so many German speakers in Kazakhstan, Russia and Italy?

Why there are so many German speakers in Kazakhstan, Russia and Italy?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volga_Germans#North_America
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

POW leftovers

Volga Germans had being resettled there.

Fun fact. Most of the Germans in Argentina and USA come from Russia.

Whoever designed that map does not know how infographics work.
And to answer your question - Ex East-Germans who emigrated to the USSR

>Russia, Kazakhstan
Volga Germans who went there in the 18th century under Catherine II and who haven't "returned" here yet.
>Italy
South Tyroleans and EU-cucks living there.

Argentina doesn't even appear in the map.

SPEAKERS
They quit speaking German to integrate in the Soviet Union.

Because they don't speak German anymore. This chart only count people who can speak German.

Or their diaspora is a meme.

Because as soon as someone moves to a different country, they immediately unlearn their native language and don't pass it on to their children

>kazakhstan and russia
Volga Germans who immigrated there in the time of catherine the great, and some east germans too.
>italy
South tyrol, although populated by austrians, was given to italy after ww1. today german is still the native language of almost 75% of the population

No, it's not. I had being in Entre Ríos.
Brazil still have a large community of German speakers because televisions only became popular in the last 15 years here in south (you could not get signal for shit, so everyone still spoke German in their homes and neighborhood).

So it's probably a very small number.

It's not that simple.
Example:
Both my mom and dad speak German. I did speak it until the age of 6 when i went into school. Public schools are not foreign friendly...

NO, I AM NOT WHITE. I AM PART NATIVE. DON'T START TO MEME.

>brazil
Most of people is only able to speak a german from 19th century or from 30´s at the best, it's almost impossible to find a decent speaker of German here

A lot of old people speak German. Pharmacies hire people who speak German because a lot of old people can't get into Portuguese.

German is german. No one cares if it's old German. They speak old German in Wisconsin too

We have our own "german". It's quite funny to hear, because everything that was invented after 1920 has a Portuguese name.

900,000 people out of a country of 200 million is a pretty small number

it's true tho, they assimilated quickly and very little of them can speak German
I mean, look at the photo, I bet no one there know shit about the German language, they might be the third or fourth generation

They care, my grandfather worked for Siemens and one guy was an old German speaker, his team started making fun of him because he was speaking "grandma from saxony german"

Yes it's funny, it's almost a dialect nowadays, probably you are able to understand a little bit of Yiddish

The German from Wisconsin is more German than German from Germany

Alri alri

Don't start this shit please

Speakers. Muh heritage we are about 7 million. My town has 130k habs. Probably only 80k are Germans.

My old boss went to germany few times, she said that never had problem talking or being understood (except with new words)

É americano porra, só ignora esse retardado, nem (you) ele merece

For then it's funny.
Because here we have nothing in german (only few cable channels have DW), so it's almost impossible to learn new vocabulary

Shit like this makes me sad because my family had German speakers until the Feds stamped that shit out in around the turn of the century. Yuros make fun of muh heritage people only because they don't understand what it feels like to not actually have your heritage anymore.

To me this is very beautiful. Germans look down because they're pathetic cucks.

Immigrants were actually forced into assimilation back then, and things should be kept that way desu. Just look at these ISIS terrorist attacks in Europe, those are done by individuals who haven't properly assimilated into a society

Maybe your right but I wish they left us something instead of nothing. Might help this place feel a little less fake and hokey. Maybe this is just an American problem idk.

Germans weren't going to create terror attacks. ISIS is ideologically motivated.

Nobody under the age of 60 speaks German here, what the fuck are you talking about.

Yes, there are still a few people in their seventies and eighties who might know a bit, but even then those people are mostly in very rural areas and are in the extreme minority.

Don't get me wrong, I too mourn the loss of what was once the most common of sounds to hear in Wisconsin, but I can't have you spreading nonsense around.

Lmao fuck off. We integrated. Yes, there was considerable nudging behind it, but it was for the best.

Whatever you say boot-licker

USA isn't even true, most Germans came from Germany (and they were predominantly Protestant)
True for Argentina though.

>USA = 1.85 million
whoa

Early german immigration (from volga) had a huge impact in American demography. They may look like just a few, but 3 centuries with a birth rate of 6 is really something.

Pennsylvania Germans as well as expats.
There are also communities in the great plains

Early German Immigration to America was not from Volga, it was from Palatinate.
That doesn't even make sense, Volga germans were not even a thing until the same time German Americans became a thing.

A lot of our Germans were Bavarians, so there's a fair few Catholics out there too. But yeah, I know like one person of German descent whose people came from Russia. Not many.

we had a lot of Germans come from the HRE before we even had independence from GB.

Yeah some of the later ones were Catholics but all of the early ones were Protestants and mostly from Southwestern Germany.

I was not talking about the first settlers running away from religious prosecutions.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volga_Germans#North_America
They where send to inner america. Not to the heavily populated towns in east coast.
Those where the guys who bread like rabbits that liberals now call red necks. Literally the backbone of America farm.

Oh so your talking about the ones in Great Plains. I dont know anything about them to refute you.

Yeah.
Rural people tend to have way more children and suppress "city people". This is why i claim that most of them where volga germans.

Pre-WW2 USA was a rural country.
The ones in the midwest were also rural. The volga germans in the great plains do not make up as significant ammount of german americans as you think.

Okay them. I probably exaggerate saying that the majority of them where volga germans.

Fake German?