Leviticus 19:19 Disproves legitimacy of the entire bible

How do the Christians of Sup Forums reconcile the obvious corruption within the church organizations with belief in God? I have truly never been able to wrap my head around why people are able to ignore such blatant means of manipulation on the part of the church as organizations (Catholic, Orthodox, etc) and still trust that they hold the word of god.

Take Leviticus 19:19 for example: "you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together"

We know that these practices are forbidden lay people but where embraced by the very church who told other not to do it. Priests wore vestments made of hybrid cloth and companion planted their fields. The second one in particular is ridiculous because it intentionally limited food production and made crops more vulnerable to pest and disease. It would have also made the fields had by the church appear much more bountiful because of the nitrogen fixing going on between the companion plants. This is entirely a means of fostering dependency and control. If you take that logic even further it makes less sense. Why would God want people to OCD their fields when if he created the world why is it so varied and not be OCD blocks of plants without any other plants near each other.

What I am getting at is how can you trust any message fro many organization that is so blatantly manipulative. How can you even think anything associated with them can be trusted?

Other urls found in this thread:

gotquestions.org/different-types-of-fabric.html
ccel.org/ccel/schaff/anf04/Page_349.html
youtube.com/watch?v=quTXwTjgfc0
youtube.com/watch?v=IJxdIXgMGAI
youtube.com/watch?v=mI7uHI1x09A
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necromancy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance_magic
biblehub.com/matthew/5-17.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=6Mvk-Ce4sQo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantheism
pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You haven't done much research on this, have you? No offense, but this could have been cleared up with about 30 seconds of searching.

What you're referring to are the customary aspects of Mosaic law. We don't follow those, or the ritual or judicial aspects, because they are elements of the covenant God specifically made with the Jews in order to set them apart as His collective prophet to the nations. This is opposed to the moral law, which is God's universally-applicable instruction to man which guides him to beatitude. If you're actually interested in learning about this distinction and why we make it, look into supersessionism.

Southern Baptist faggot.

I tired to research it and lacking the correct search terms my googlefu was exceedingly weak.

God broke his covenant with the Jews when Christ died on the crucifix.

Leviticus don't mean shit.

Then come here and ask dont just start tipping when you dont know shit

A good bible person can prove me wrong, but when I read that, here's what I think.

Get on one side of the fence or the other, you faggots. It's the same kind of message Jesus Christ told us. If you're lukewarm, God will spit you out of his mouth.

I don't understand what you nean fedora

Funny thing about the bible is that not a lot in it is meant to be taken literaly

Well we can go on to interpret things like "sow your field with two kinds of seed" to mean adultary or inappropriate mixing or whatever. That would probably be a good lesson, and it's why I like having priests who actually study this stuff to opine about it.

But I would say that fundamentally it's a representation of violation. And what I mean by getting off the fence is deciding which side you're on when shit comes down.

How convenient that was the message only after it stopped making direct sense in how people lived their lives but before that point it was infallible and direct word of god burn the nonbeliever.

user that has Studied all religions here.
>I have a HIGH interest in the spiritual.
>Sometimes I get Possessed and act Like I am God doing strange things.

As I stated in another thread the HIGHEST power can possess multiple creatures simultaniously with or without them knowing including creatures that can possess are psychic and those that act as Gods already..

So the Pantheon of gods (little g intended) Kek Baal Moloch and all such beings are not the Highest Power. they may be their own Individual Entities with free will but the Highest Power uses them as Pawns for he is Superior.

As the others say, this was not a moral decree but a rule specifically for jews of moses's covenant. Some speculation of the meaning of these rules can be found here:

gotquestions.org/different-types-of-fabric.html

tl;dr: these practices were considered holy and therefore only allowed under specific conditions by specific people.

Holy Farmers.

How about you read the god damned thread. This wasn't a moral edict from god, but a jewish tradition, nothing more.

This.

Those laws don't apply to us anymore, the old testament is still a good source of wisdom but the old laws do not apply to Christian thanks to Christ sacrifice on the cross

A lot of Old Testament things are pretty good as long as you're not taking them in a Bablyonian, Rabbinical, or Talmudic sort of extremeism.

Jesus Christ was a highly effective mediator for reforming this.

A lot ot Christians believe in the Platonic myth of Adam having been a hermaphrodite among many intersexed beings and that we wanna fuck women now because we want to make two become one again. Then Divine Christ is Immaculately prophesied and foretold as ther First Born Son and we keep having prostitutions with women. Fornication means a raised and vaulted platform. If you're not a pagan you're fine. Trying to figure out what arsenokoitai means and remembering St Pail was single, lays this all out. Imo, arsenokoitai means "he whom brings together maleness with boyhood". That is not what we think "gay" is today

Their obsession with hating fence sitter is a mere byproduct of non-Christians who didn't help them during the persecution by the Romans. There is no rational explanation for God wanting that because God would know what side you stand on regardless of actions if he is omnipotent. The only argument that can be made is to encourage action without fear of consequences so long as those action are supported or encouraged by the church? Again, you have no way of proving that Satan didn't corrupt the church officials, the council of Nicea itself when the Bible was edited together, etc. You can not even be sure that whatever is eating the faith you think you are directing at God is going anywhere at all or feeding some terrible evil that has tricked you into feeding it with story of how good it is despite their top officials being a buch of child fuckers. There simply is not enough ground for any of it to stand.

Kill self fag

OK but what about the Gospels? You know, the important part of the Bible?

The Take away from all the religions is that a Mortal man can ascend in the flesh and living to Meet with the Gods and return.

>But the Highest Power is a little Jealous if you turn your attention to these creatures so always give Praise and Credit where it is due.

Oh yeah, not saying the old testament is all bullshit or anything. The fallibility of kings in particular is rather ahead of its time. Just saying that most of the seemingly petty and useless laws that fedoras like to bring up were not intended to be moral rules for everyone, but purely jewish cultural artifacts.

Again, you're leveling accusations that are way off the mark.

>For who that has understanding will suppose that the first, and second, and third day, and the evening and the morning, existed without a sun, and moon, and stars? and that the first day was, as it were, also without a sky? And who is so foolish as to suppose that God, after the manner of a husbandman, planted a paradise in Eden, towards the east, and placed in it a tree of life, visible and palpable, so that one tasting of the fruit by the bodily teeth obtained life? and again, that one was a partaker of good and evil by masticating what was taken from the tree? And if God is said to walk in the paradise in the evening, and Adam to hide himself under a tree, I do not suppose that anyone doubts that these things figuratively indicate certain mysteries, the history having taken place in appearance, and not literally.
- Origen, On First Principals, Book IV, ~225 AD

Source: ccel.org/ccel/schaff/anf04/Page_349.html

Looking for deeper meaning in Sacred Scripture and rejecting literalism is nothing recent.

Old Mosaic Law.

Next!

>no way of proving that Satan didn't corrupt the church officials
I don't need it any more than I need proof about exactly what happened on 9/11

>ye shall know the tree by the fruits that it bears

I know which side of the fence I'm on. I'm far from perfect, but I don't live in fear about my ultimate judgment. Whatever I do in this life is my own fault.

Old testament

Ask jews

flag checks out

thats a pretty rare pepe my friend.

You know how many people often say you shouldn't take everything in the Bible at face value? What makes you think that piece of scripture isn't a parable?

>You shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together

Does it not seem to you a bit silly that the creator would care so much about the specific styles of fabric we use to cover our backs? I'm not claiming to know the "true" meaning to Leviticus 19:19, if there even is one, but this sounds like a poetic way of saying that you can't serve two masters. Can't have seeds from two different sources growing in the same field, can't wear the clothes of both God and Satan at the same time.

If you read it like a retard. You have to imply meaning into the words.

Just wear one garment. Don't go out of way to buy silk, cotton and polyester for one suit you plan wearing once.

The Bible like the Law would not work if you read it literally and utlra formally. Read down into the words and imply meaning.

>Mortal man can ascend in the flesh
This is one of the most disturbing lines of thought to me, and it's never one that a typical highly intelligent man is willing to answer.

Why not love the one true God?

>>ye shall know the tree by the fruits that it bears

This is unironically the height of anthropomorphizing God to having a human perspective while simutaniously claiming the beign is all knowning.

God would know the tree inherently. The fruit is bears would be meaningless. if it is a mean for which humans to judge one another it does not imply it is how God would think.

MFW you go double digits and i just discovered this album and songs today, but saw it in a dream last night

In other passages it's repeated and expanded upon in enough detail to safely assume that it is meant to be literal.

But it's not meant to be moral law, but mosaic

Do you have a better idea for how to live in the meanwhile?

>using leviticus as a source for anything

>using the old testament to attack the new testament

SO MUCH BAIT, STOP REPLYING

It's also ok to fuck your kids, if you decide to live in a mountain with your daughters

Your lack of being catholic is showing.

/thread

anything beyond the first post is waste.

>he doesn't know Obama once made fun of Leviticus in order to establish the sanctity of his Jewish Communist pedophile agenda.

The fuck are you on about? The rules were suited towards that time, and some still apply today. You originaly didn't wear those garments because they were more likely to fall apart, and people still don't use two seed types in the same field, because that just fucks with everything. You separate crop types to make them easier to harvest, easier to watch and see how they are doing. It doesn't fucking limit shit or make things more vulnerable.

Jesus is Quoted as stating the Established Churches are established by by demons that have possessed human vessels.

"When you see them staring at you and you look into their eyes you can see that something else is looking back out at you" - Alex Jones.

Heres some Material.

Satanic Talmud
youtube.com/watch?v=quTXwTjgfc0

The Other Israel (Full vid of previous)
youtube.com/watch?v=IJxdIXgMGAI

Demon Magick
youtube.com/watch?v=mI7uHI1x09A

black magick
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necromancy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance_magic

Jesus Cleanses the Temple
…14In the temple courts He found men selling cattle, sheep, and doves, and money changers seated at their tables. 15So He made a whip out of cords and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle. He poured out the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16To those selling doves He said, “Get these out of here! How dare you turn My Father’s house into a marketplace!”

biblehub.com/matthew/5-17.htm

Jesus says you're full of shit, cuck.

Leviticus is old testament Jew babble and not applicable to Christians after Christ. Back to fedoraland with you.

That literally States "Floating in space? Land on a Planet Bro get some Shelter make a Base!"

Why do mentally ill people always type like this?

That I can fit into a few posts? No of course not.

Given time I am certain I could do a better job than a bunch of bronze age daughter fuckers.

Aaand so you'll still choose to claim He wasn't what He says and said He is

>Sometimes I get Possessed and act Like I am God doing strange things
I'm an alcoholic too user

>That I can fit into a few posts?
Jesus was famous for using allegory and hyperbole, but he was also famous for being a master teacher. And his disciples went on to try to teach as best they could.

I was always bored as fuck in church during the ritual bits, but listening to the book stories was always a big relief.

Video very much related.

youtube.com/watch?v=6Mvk-Ce4sQo

Its how you approach it, I love all Gods creatures the Highest Power he MADE all the other Gods.

Having a conversation with another Entity would be interesting, But I will always Praise unto the Highest the Alpha and Omega the Master of ALL.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantheism

>we are all micro-gods and personal jesuses unto ourselves if we wish to be.

Do you not comprehend that millions of people have study the Bible front to back over and over again ? You really think you're going to read it and find something they all missed? What's the life goal of an atheist to try to do the impossible and somehow prove God isn't real so you don't feel too scared about dying anymore?

I don't see how you got that. I posted it because it serves to establish that the rejection of literalism is nearly as old as Christianity itself. Whether Origen's conclusions were sound or not is beside the point.

>You separate crop types to make them easier to harvest, easier to watch and see how they are doing.

Confirmed not a farmer. You spend significantly less time micromanaging mixed fields if you mix them right. Some plants fix nitrogen back into the soil, some plants repel common pests the other plants suffer from, taller plants shade soft leafed plants that do not grow ideally in direct light.

It should come as no shock creating an artificial ecosystem is more effectively than an unnatural monoculture field you fuckign moron.

Not even remotely close. I wish I could believe in something but the blatant corruption of organized religion make it impossible to objectively pick the correct teachings to follow when I can trust the intent of the people publishing the books.

That reminds me of some of the conversations I've had with Mormon convertists. A good question to ask them is, "why don't we have any prophets anymore these days?"

I've never gotten a very good answer to that. But I do believe that we need to know whom we are praising. I also read, "The Inferno" by Dante at a young age, which is a short good book about how to organize both politically and theologically, and was key part of the basis for how we do things in the Western world.

Yeah but alchoholics don't print out formulae onto paper and fill up notebooks.

>am presently programming, also don't drink.

because I am very carefully capitializing certain parts to add emphasis and dramatic effect to the post, dingus.

Why the fuck would God instruct his prophet people to use poor agricultural practices?

That was my point. These fuckers are so busy with "it doesn't apply anymore" and wont touch on the issue of "why was it in the first place".

Because it is taking place in space when God is shaping the Earth.

>when it states they happened in appearance but not literally means these things happened but theres much much more going on not written. as it presents in the opening of "for those that has understanding"

As a fellow programmer, I can assure you that some of us are so much better at it than the others that we resort to drinking the horror away sometimes.

They simply don't understand how it all works. But that's our task: to correctly and effectively communicate the reality of it all to the management.

No, Matthew 7:7 disproves the legitimacy of the entire Bible.

>Ask and it will be given to you
Um, no it won't. That's not how this works.

Excuse me ?
>sorry couldn't resist.

I would say there are prophetic people and people of great works that are relatively unknown.

if you're going to tell me you dumped both wheat and barley into your seeder this spring, you're either a fucking liar or will have a fun surprise this fall.

Or are you saying you do alternating passes of them? And that somefuckinghow that helps shit? Shit 40 feet away isn't gonna "shade" shit. And if you're caring about the soil, that's why you fucking rotate.

Protip, you're not a "farmer" if you have like a 1/4 acre of shit planted by hand in your backyard.

Whole book of Leviticus is a DECEPTION.

It has been mixed into divine library by antique jews of the northern Israel, it is an Idolatry and black magic, serving bloody rituals.

Later you will understand, that whole of Torah (the first part of Bible until "Kings" and "Chronicles" inclusive) is one logical part written in one language with certain intention, but Leviticus is deceit, written in different lower (human, black-magic) technique, of different intent, there is NOTHING DIVINE in it.

Good enough, that APOSTLES ABANDONED following this bad law...!

(In that time, they could not state more openly, that some part is evil and bad, so they just dis-obliged people from following these laws, beside Ten commandments...)

Trump is one for the history books, but he's no spiritual leader.

In his own personal way he is a spiritual leader in that he went ahead and tried to pull a small PR stunt in a church and fucked it up, and then just kept right on marching and not not giving a fuck about predicating his campaign on religion.

That dude has trouble in his heart, but there's a lot for those with eyes to see.

I'm not a farmer. I can't provide any insight into the merits or lack thereof of the prescribed farming methods in the OT.

But I already explained why God gave the Jews such instructions: in order to set them apart, that the Jews would be understood by others as being different and unique in some capacity, and in order to prepare them and their spiritual progeny for service to Christ. The prohibition on mixing materials and seeds seems rather pointless at face value, but it is easy to find deeper theological truths if one cares to look. It is, in truth, a prohibition on serving "two masters," which appears not only in the First Commandment but also again in Mt 6, in the words of Christ. We must be singleminded in our dedication to God and His law.

IMO, the best thing about the bible is that if it says something you don't like you can simply say that it's not meant to be taken literally, and if it's something you do like you can say that it's the word of God and must be followed to the letter or else. Like I said just my opinion.

Considering its GOD probably for baller pimp ass aesthetic farms.

Yeah, I want to avoid drinking so Instead doing the opposite and taking stims.
>we are basically confronting unbelief, we would be called sorcerors wizards and witches and such in ye olde time.

Now your ignorance is showing, you would not grow wheat and barely in the same fields. I said the right plants. not any random plants.

Potatos, Chickpeas, Radishes and Scallions in the same field? That would work and work well.

>Protip, you're not a "farmer" if you have like a 1/4 acre of shit planted by hand in your backyard.

Then none of the farmers in the bible were farmers either by your standards. None of the farmers in the world prior to 100 years ago would be farmers. People rarely farmed more than 10 arces planted almost entirely by hand for most of history you fuckwit. The west didnt even have seed presses until 200 years ago.

>in order to set them apart, that the Jews would be understood by others as being different and unique in some capacity,

Sounds like the self aggrandizing of an irrelevant desert cult full of losers who cant even keep their women safe from more civilized flood plain dwelling peoples.

What the? Do you even know how to read OP?

pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW

so, god hates wool and cotton blended fabric?

1/4 acre back then wasn't a tiny percent of a field. It was multiple fields. Bible said shit about growing different things in different fields, just in the same one.

And none of those things you listed would grow well all mixed together over 160 acres. You either grow them all in their own fields, or in a garden.

Book of leviticus is old testament son.

atleast compared to hillary he looks like An Angel that just touched down, sure he has his own sordid things that have taken place in his past and secrets but its a farcry from what his opponents have done in the open.

>I feel he is trying to do the right thing and knows he is getting on in his years.

>Not to mention he opened the door for intelligent enterprising public individuals to overthrow and take over established illuminati positions, Which is a step up from the regular established Fronts.

It's not God, it's just the people who wrote the bible. It was a bitch mixing wool and cotton or shit together by hand back then. Even if you did it, you ended up with an object weaker then a pure one.

Most of the "laws" in the holy books around the world are just basically "People are too stupid to know better then eating raw pork, so let's say God bans it and then people will stop dying"

When thy takes human form may itch a bit.

The mark of the holy spirit is all over the Torah.

Trudat bro. I'm not even sure that Hillary is really human anymore.

If there's something in your political field you think we should pray for, just let us know. Folks are waking up a bit, but I don't have time to pay attention to every election in every country.

And yet, that the Jews are different is readily understood even today, even on our littler corner of the internet. Why should it be so? After all, they are just a "desert cult full of losers," right?

If you actually read the bible you should know that Jesus teachings in general are saying no church needed. I'm with the bible 100% but not the Vatican.

This is true. In fact everytime you see church mentioned in the Bible the greek word used means more like a gathering, a public gathering.

Still I go to church.

The Vatican is pretty damned heretical.

>Most of the "laws" in the holy books around the world are just basically "People are too stupid to know better then eating raw pork, so let's say God bans it and then people will stop dying

Pretty accurate. Once you realize religion is based off of what made society work instead of the other way around, you start seeing the real messages religious texts left behind.

They aren't there to dictate how your life must be, it's a giant recipe for success on both the individual level and community level.

It adds a spiritual aspect to your life that reinforces good habits and cooperative behavior.

Religion is meant to be passed down to you, your children, and their children because it's what worked. The ancients are lending you their wisdom.

THE OLD TESTAMENT DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE REASONS
TIP FEDORA TIP FEDORA TIP FEDORA TIP FEDORA TIP FEDORA TIP FEDORA TIP FEDORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If you actually read the thread, not all of us are saying either those things.

the Jewish OT and the Jewish trickster Christ have Jewed billions of retarded goyim

none of the Semitic faiths are of any value

It almost sounds like you might have describe peer-reviewed science!

>THE OLD TESTAMENT DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE REASONS
Acts 15, Council of Jerusalem

>7After there had been much debate, Peter stood up and said to them, "Brethren, you know that in the early days God made a choice among you, that by my mouth the Gentiles would hear the word of the gospel and believe. 8"And God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; 9and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith. 10"Now therefore why do you put God to the test by placing upon the neck of the disciples a yoke which neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear? 11"But we believe that we are saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, in the same way as they also are."

And the verdict:
>28"For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay upon you no greater burden than these essentials: 29that you abstain from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication; if you keep yourselves free from such things, you will do well. Farewell."

God is a fucking pansy fag. Prove me wrong.

>pro tip: you can't. I have faith he is a little homo boy.

>Paul said
vs
>Jesus Himself said

Matthew 5:17–19
The Fulfillment of the Law
17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.a 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.b 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commandsc and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

>Take Leviticus 19:19 for example: "you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together"

The book of leviticus is a code of laws and rituals that were put into practice by the Jews of Israel, that emphasize ritual and purity. Jesus, whilst upholding and bringing about God's law, disagreed on the emphasis of *ritual purity*, arguing instead that God didn't care for "cleanliness" so much as following his fundamental law (namely do unto others as you would have them do unto you).

The laws and ritual of the Christian world are based upon the Catholic Church, which had developed them over centuries through tradition and ideals passed down by the Church Fathers, including the Apostles who were directly influenced by the Holy Spirit.

This fedora meme that "WHY AREN'T YOU FOLLOWING (obscure law in Leviticus) CHRISTIANS" is some nonsense inspired by the Protestant Heresy and its misplaced belief in "FOLLOW EVERY WORD OF THE BIBLE EXCEPT THE BOOKS WE WILLINGLY CHOOSE TO IGNORE!"

In short, do some actual research you fucking faggot and stop imagining that a law given directly to the Jews which emphasizes ritual cleanliness somehow has any baring on Christianity.

Nigger, you're just asking for some fire and brimstone