Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cbb-mita0Hs
youtube.com/watch?v=bNlfy82h81Y
instagram.com/p/BPBW7ETFdFj/?taken-by=carolina.carlsson7&hl=en
youtube.com/watch?v=IsQ7Tt_2hOo
instagram.com/p/BKqrAycAFfA/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>this show

Does this stream anywhere with subtitles for the Italian parts? Only saw ep 1, does it get better?

Ep 1 was literally conceived as a pleb filter.

this answers none of my questions

see this
idk, i watched through hbo go. but if you didn't like the first episode then you're probably not gonna like the rest of the series. i think it's one of the most beautiful series i have ever watched. the cinematography, set design, dialogue, everything about it is pure kino. and it only gets better.

1) use torrents and download subs
2) yes, it increases in quality until it hits the perfection of episodes 9 and 10

is it true that KickAss is just a honey pot these days? What site is best?

You missed the point, then. In season 2 he'll realize that his parents were right, and you are only truly grown up when you commit to a lifestyle of hedonism. He will apologize to his parents for being such a bitter cunt - they were entirely within their rights to leave him. Not easy to attend hippy orgies and do drugs 24/7 with a fucking kid in tow.

I use tpb.
But I live in eastern europe so nobody can touch me or give a fuck

Last time I DL'd an HBO show from TPB I got a comfy letter from hbo and my internet provider to stop downloading illegal rips

never write a series or film please

Wait, do the westernfag authorities actually give a fuck about copyright?

But did they force you to pay or smth?

I am just describing the direction that has been set up in the first season. Conservative are all just bitter, stupid children amirite

Depends on the country.
I.e. in Netherlands they don't give a fuck.
In USA they def give a fuck.

You missed the point.

No ti was just a warning, but I'm not going to risk legal action or fines, especially since it would be a second warning

>watching the young trump

dude I am an asshole to everyone but I am also smarter so I am 50 steps ahead of everyone, also I have super powers!

*prays behind you*
nothing personell

What was the point, then? All I saw was that his ebil homophobic beliefs come from abandonment issues. It is heavily implied that it is just his way of getting back at the world.

Sure. It's nice of them to not take the legal action first time around.

link for that? sounds kind of lame. i was sure he died and would be totally okay with it lasting one season.

...that was not at all the message of the series. Any idea can be misused or taken too far. At some points, early on in the series, Lenny WAS using some of Spencer's ideas to basically punish the world for his own pain/abandonment issues.

That doesn't invalidate Spencer's ideas though, or Lenny's basic moral compass. He's still quite conservative at the end of the series, he's just not trying quite so hard to intimidate everyone.

Spencer sums it up really well when he cautions Lenny to be "hard in principle, soft in practice," or whatever his exact words were. That's basically the whole central concept of Christianity - condemn the sin, forgive the sinner

>Only saw ep 1, does it get better?

Yes. 1-2 set the stage, 3 comes together and starts rolling. 5 and 9 are two of the greatest episodes of television in our time.

the point is that he's very flawed and kind of autistic when dealing with people for the abandonment issues. but it's not his way of "getting back at the world", he's just completely devoted to god and acts in what he feels are his best intentions. he also clearly grows as a person by the end and makes his beliefs more lenient.

Bump

I'm up to episode 7 now and I'm pretty damn sure that that scheming Voiello will win.

i want to downrodo this and give it a try.

shows is liked:
>true detenctive s1
>taboo
>hannibal

will it fit my taste?

>that scheming Voiello will win
Isn't it obvious from the 2-3 episode onwards that he's not a tv trope?

It's closest to Hannibal out of those three, but I hated Hannibal and loved TYP.

Pleb for thinking he's a villain

>In season 2 he will start a crusade and a Holy War for Jerusalem

there, fixed it for ya

Anyone love the dynamic between Lenny and Sofia (the head of marketing)? Every scene with them is so satisfying, and I love that that they got along so well and she's pretty much the only person that never doubted him. Same goes for Gutierrez I guess

Can Lenny actually talk to god?

Lenny became more human and empathetic by the end. But he didn't drop his conservative principles.

Clearly. He also seems to be getting info from someone as well. He knows everyone's secrets.

Oh-lee Fah-der

what capeshit is this?

Is life hard being this dumb or is it easier because you can just be ignorant

what did he mean by this?

I dropped the show when Lenny asked God to kill that lesbian sister. Too edgy even for me.

Do you think Lenny believes in god or not? I understand that the show is about contradictions; on at least two occasions he says he doesn't believe, but he also regularly prays to him.

As someone who vehemently disagrees with lenny's beliefs and the conservative viewpoint in general, this show is fucking kino.

It's not some dishonest praise or dismissal of those ideas, it's JUST an examination of various ideas through extremely flawed characters. Reminded me a lot of the first season of mad men, hopefully it will continue to be just as good.

It's irregular that a main character can remain an enigma even after a full season.

She's also very straightforward and confident from their very first meeting, and even though he's disagreeing with her at first, he seems to respect that a lot. She's not sneaky or subtle like most of the other characters in the Vatican, she always seems to say what she's thinking

Lenny's promotion of Gutierrez at the end is the greatest example of his growth. His arc is not in changing his world view but in considering others. They are diametrically opposed in their beliefs and yet Lenny wants him as his closest figure in the Vatican. As you say, the show is not an attack on Lenny's beliefs, just an examination. It's refreshing to see because so many shows deal in black and white morality.

Maybe, maybe not. He's tapped into some higher force or power in the world, he does not seem to understand it, but he knows that he can influence this force through sheer concentration and force of will.

This is what he means when he keeps talking about the power of "imagination" in saints and miracle workers - most people would NEVER have the imagination or arrogance to think that they might be able to heal a sick person, smite a degenerate, or get themselves elected Pope just by dropping to their knees and DEMANDING that it happen with great conviction and concentration.

Lenny, though, gives it a shot. And occasionally, it actually seems to work. Neither the series nor Lenny himself seem to rule out the possibility that it could just be coincidence. But one way or another, he got what he asked for.

That's a fancy description of Deus Ex Machina.

"Deus Ex Machina" is not a sign of bad writing when the story is explicitly about "Deus"

Who played the prime minister of Greenland?

I don't think it's continous. There are times at which he doubts God. He KNOWS God exists, he just doesn't believe in his plan sometimes.

What did he mean when he said peace can be disconcerting?

I don't remember this, what was the context?

Why don't you google it yourself, you moronic child

I think he has to, even though he's doubted it a couple times throughout, but that's totally normal. I like the ambiguity of the question, because it doesn't need to be concretely answered and like he says, god can be a whole bunch of things. The most important faith is the one you have in yourself, however cliche it may sound, sometimes we have to live our lives based on "banal platitudes". This show is touching and moving, and as someone who is pretty cynical and kind of nihilistic in views, it's made me more open to religion and makes me want to become a better person. Because if such a flawed person and unlikable to some (i never disliked him) can represent god and embody all the values of an entire religion, surely I represent some sound values.

It's in his speech in Africa.

youtube.com/watch?v=cbb-mita0Hs

>get me a fucking american coffee before I beat the shit out of you for defying me, your eminence

what did The Young Pope mean by this

Here you go user

I liked this one. There's also a Bane edit of this speech but I can't find it.

youtube.com/watch?v=bNlfy82h81Y

What is more beautiful, my love? Love lost or love found? Don't laugh at me, my love. I know it, I'm awkward and naive when it comes to love, and I ask questions straight out of a pop song. This doubt overwhelms me and undermines me, my love. To find... .or to lose? All around me, people don't stop yearning. Did they lose or did they find? I can't say. An orphan has no way of knowing. An orphan lacks a first love. The love for his mama and papa. That's the source of his awkwardness, his naiveté. You said to me, on that deserted beach in California, "you can touch my legs." But I didn't do it. There, my love, is love lost. That's why I've never stopped wondering, since that day: where have you been? Where you are now?
And you, shining gleam of my misspent youth, did you lose or did you find? I don't know. And I will never know. I can't even remember your name, my love. And I don't have the answer. But this is how I like to imagine it, the answer. In the end, my love, we have no choice. We have to find.

>Who played the prime minister of Greenland?

This angel among women
instagram.com/p/BPBW7ETFdFj/?taken-by=carolina.carlsson7&hl=en

That he is ready to wage a war without end against you.

>Five mins into eldritch gods under artic ice and chill when she starts to dance to "Sensa un Perche"
What do

:3

GOD, WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT PRIME SISTER MARY

I NEED A NURSING HAND JOB FROM HER. NOTHING MORE. JUST A /SS/ HAND JOB WHILE I SUCK HER TITS AND SHE PETS MY HEAD. GOD PLEASE CONCEDE ME THIS.

Where do you think they'll take season 2?

Full crusade on Islam. Shepard One strafing hajis and shit.
Trust me I know Javier Camara.

>Trust me I know Javier Camara.
Is he adorable in real life like he is on the show?

>Javier Camara
Besides Lil Pope and Talk to Her, what is some Essential Camaracore?

More or less. He is kinda a fag too.

Why are Americans like this? I say this as an American too

Half the american critics are: "oh my gosh, he is like trump, therefore the series is bad"
The other half are: "oh my gosh, he is not a goody two shoes feet kisser pro weed cool pope, I cannot relate to him, therefore the series is bad"

Nice trips. You're right, Americans are so obsessed with narrative and "likable" characters that anything outside of these norms completely throws them off. And pleb critics like this one will then resort to trivial namecalling. Narrative junkies are the reason why Hollywood is such trash now and it only gets worse.

American critic circles are worthless these days. They've been conditioned to think that (1) shows and films should be inoffensive, simplified and accessible and (2) that any political themes conveyed should adhere to the world views they subscribe to. They've been conflating difference of opinion with objective quality for a long time now. And Sorrentino doesn't lean one way or the other with Young Pope either.

I hope Voiello wins an emmy or something

Diane Keaton's skill with a basketball really pissed me off. She shouldn't look that unnatural with a ball if she's been playing for 40 years.

He's incredibly conflicted about his faith

Best scene
youtube.com/watch?v=IsQ7Tt_2hOo

Why does Lenny want to fuck his mother so badly (rhetorical)?

Cause she's hot?

>As someone who vehemently disagrees with lenny's beliefs and the conservative viewpoint in general, this show is fucking kino.
how are those things contradictory in the first place

Conservative characters are not aloud to be humanised in media anymore, user. It's 2017.

In most mainstream American media and that's why it sucks. This series is not an American production, unsurprisingly. Anything should and can be art/entertainment fodder and it's especially rewarding when it's done right.

>mfw my gay brother was all smirking about that first episode saying how good it was

The quality is 10/10 whenever Sophia is in the episode

I don't think he did. He's just obsessed with the memory.

>cherry coke™

Why didn't they get an actual kangaroo?

Straya's got plenty to spare, I bet.

The kangaroo represented...

>instagram.com/p/BKqrAycAFfA/
>those bouncing tits

Goddamn milf

respresented what

Did she want Lenny's dick or was she just nervous.

Retard, that's the point

Everyone wants Lenny's dick

I use TPB for everything and without a proxy but I haven't gotten a letter or anything...Am I doing something wrong? And I live in the US

Why is he so smug?

Nice try FBI

Your tastes are too obscure.

Lol I torrented for the whole season of The Young Pope. I guess i'm just lucky :-)

he si american