SImpson jokes you never got

>SImpson jokes you never got

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Au1He0_eCkw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Never got this one

>No, I was talking to my child, who is also named Bort.

>klu klux klam
what were they referencing?

The joke is that they didn't have Bart's name but they did have Bort, which isn't really a name. This is funny because it often feels like they don't have your name in places like this but they do have strange names you have never heard before.

The joke is then continued as the little boy and the man nearby are both in fact called Bort, confusing the situation even more.

Finally the joke is brought to its peak when an announcement comes over a loud speaker stating that they have sold out of Bort licence plates. This is funny as it shows how Bort is actually a very popular name in the Simpsons universe and Bart's disbelief/frustration was unfounded from the start.

Hope this helps.

It's a joke poking at the annoyance of not being able to find your name on souvenirs... not that complicated

none of that sounds funny at all.

S N E E D S

I find the best jokes are the ones you don't have to have explained to you.

Bort is also quite a funny name, imagine, being called Bort your whole life.

haha yeah

Bort means "away" in Swedish and Norwegian. It was a warning for people that went into Itchy and Scratchy Land.

haha true

KEK

The joke is that they sell out later in the episode because everyone Bort one of them

Chuck + Sneed = Cheed. See?

>Dead Bart

All the kids that survived an abortion attempt are called Bort

Classic Simpsons was one of the most cerebral shows ever to end up on network TV.

Actually, all of 90's adult animation fit that bill, from Beavis and Butthead's riffs on american pop culture to shows like Dr. Katz, The Critic, and Home Movies. It was a fucking incredible time to be watching TV.

My god, how we've fallen though.

>Never got this one

Then please die

Homer = Poet (Odyssey, Iliad)
Bart = St Bartholomew (Apostle of JC, martyred on 9/11)
Lisa = Mona Lisa (Da Vinci, genius, gnostic)
Marge = Margery Kempe (14th century Christian mystic)
Maggie = Margaret of Antioch (early catholic cult)

>yfw the Simpsons is filled with some weird christian estotericsm that looks a lot like satanism/pagan gnosticism

Why does Homer get high after putting pepper spray on his eggs?

Yahoo Serious was an Australian actor who was briefly successful in the 80s. The joke is that those words don't sound like they make sense as a sentence but they actually do.

kek, have a you

It was a shoutout to the South American Simpsons fanbase
Someone post some examples of what I mean, I don't have any saved.

i wonder how many got that when it aired
i'm guessing most were like lisa

I thought the joke was that his movies were so bad that no one wanted to see them, so the theater shut down because of poor business.

That as well, possibly. It works on multiple levels.

I never got

>"I just think they're neat!"

>So I says to Mable

Who's Mable and why is Bart talking to Lisa about her.

I always assumed it was a nod to some old tv show or movie.

She just thinks they're neat, it's as simple as that. They're a pretty mundane object, and not something people would usually think were neat.

UNA VELA

Yeah was this funny because it was a writer flub or something? Bart does not wear glasses.

>Bart does not wear glasses.
Homer's an idiot.

actually lmaoed

>Really makes you think

People with odd names can never find their name on merchandise but you always find even odder names

Because when you feed feed to animals you chuck it so as well as being the bloke's name it's a description of what to do with seed

It's out of context.
It's execution is funnier.

does everyone ITT have autism

Yes, dubs confirm

haha jokes on you im' only pretending

youtube.com/watch?v=Au1He0_eCkw

If I ever have a kid, I'm calling it Bort.

lel

I still use bort on all kinds of accounts I have.

the joke is no one is names bort

I thought it meant abortion

We have this board every day

EVERY DAY
V
E
R
Y

D
A
Y

I want to hug whoever wrote this post

What's not to get about that joke? Eating 64 slices of cheese is something only a slob would do.

bet he's scandinavian

64 slices is the maximum amount of slices you would have been able to render on a computer system at the time due to the limitations of 64 bit programming.

well yeah, u think Sup Forums is ever gonna go away?

chuck's fuck and suck

Ajajajaja

I'm an Englishman.

i dont get it

Also the fact that he had to do it overnight and didn't finish until the morning. Like a render.

How the fuck does that make sense v retard? The joke is Sneed owns it now because the name rhymes. Chucks feed and seed doesn't work. Go back to re dit you fucking mongoloid

I don't get it

WO IST MEIN FISCHBRĂ–TCHEN

You'd only need 7-bits to calculate 64 slices of cheese.

zebra is, for the purpose of this joke, at the end of the dictionary. as in, it's revealed in the end of the book, much like killers in crime books.

It's a non-sequitor.

It's just a word at the end of the dictionary

I need some help with this one

I thought it was making fun of how eastern European names sound like western names if you fucked them up slightly

The Simpson was never good

Fight me

>now I know how Dean Rusk feels

Was he known for erectile dysfunction or something?

american sports teams have no loyalty to their city or fans, they will move to somewhere else in the country if they feel it's more profitable

moe was covering his lip movements so that in future showings of the episode, the new name of the team could be substituted more easily

reference to the season 3 episode where Lisa predicts the superbowl, they'd redub the teams on reruns

I don't get it

Chuck's Fuck and Suck
Sneed's Feed and Seed
if you mix them up it can be funny and a great way to get past censors
(notice how they're both Somebody's F and S?)

It's just a joke

Oh I get it. I get jokes.

The owner is Chuck Sneed.

The business was formerly just called Chuck's. Like Denny's.

He changed it to Sneed's Feed and Seed to be more descriptive.

BORT?

Oh like abort in English?

They're actually named after matt groening's family

I don't get this one.

Well? What do they know now?

www.youtube.com/watchv=MKEUujz12S4