I fucking despise days of heaven but otherwise it's good my nigga

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

How about you try and get better fucking taste, kid.

pleb

also dis eeeey

i recommend starred up
great taste
i would suggest tokyo story and la notte
why?
also thanks

I don't think it works as a film. You can really tell that it's just a bunch of incoherent scenes smashed together because malick had no idea what he was doing.

The characters are uninteresting and annoying and their conversations are drivel. The voice over is terrible and even more annoying. I felt a kind of bitter hatred watching it.

I think most people get fooled by it just because of how good they think it looks. And i don't even think it looks particularly good. It's just the same "golden hour" field shoot over and over again. You can only look at wheat and grass for so long.

Hey ive seen it, ending was pretty fucked oioi.

just woke up

what about King of NY or Bad Lieutenant?
i mean i chose it for my chart for its aesthetic merits overall, i think thematically i connect more with other of his films

either way i feel we have different conceptions of what a film is, since i generally dont care much about characters or even plot
narration also kinda took me off from this and badlands

and i disagree with the visuals, its pretty much perfect visually, the imagery in his films is just incredible, and they helped with my connection to the film

i also think plot aside, the themes it tackles are just so profound, works better as an experience than as a story

Heard about Bad Lieutenant, on my watchlist but not about King of NY, will check it out.

>either way i feel we have different conceptions of what a film is, since i generally dont care much about characters or even plot

no we don't. Many of my favorite films are virtually plotless. The "experience" (the perfect combination of sound, visuals, and movement) is the most important part. But the character in Days of heaven are SO BAD that it ruins all the other stuff.

I can't enjoy it but good for you if you do

what do you think of late malick? do you think he manages to harmonize and balance all the elements you mentioned?
also why not make a chart? im sure you have very interesting taste

honestly i didnt care for the neon demon, arrival, shame, and specially spring breakers

what drives you to them?

here is mine

I actually haven't watched much Malick. Only Days of Heaven, Thin red line and Badlands.

I didn't really care for thin red line (same problems i have with Days of heaven) and i thought badlands was just a little above average. I should probably watch some of Malicks more recent works. Maybe i'll like em.

What's Blair Witch doing next ot all those masterpieces

oh, ive seen your chart before
i see what you mean by liking virtually plotless films, tho dreyer is more formal i guess, but the supernatural stuff makes up for a completely different experience

i suggest checking out rohmer and mike leigh

These are pretty good.

how come you guys don't add names in case people want to find out what film it's from?

It would ruin the elitism.

Is there a site that allows you to do this?

Could I ask you what bottom right is?

Call me a pleb, idc
>Titles in the boxes
It's almost as if you want to help people and no make others think you have a superior taste
It's nice to see someone like the "not as autistic" Refn movies.

killing them softly very underrated

he started getting better with age imo

tree of life blew me away and i've liked everything since

World on a Wire by Rainer Werner Fassbinder

befunky

KoC and TTW are terrible.

I really didn't get the point of Chungking.

I probably missed something, to be honest. What was the purpose of the wigged woman to the story?

they arent though

since you have already seen it i made another showing some of my "virtually plotless" (well maybe not exactly that, but films that disregard narrative rules and are very enigmatic and open to interpretation) favorites

would you mind sharing titles?
i recognize pleasure dome and alice, i think thats it
great films both of them

Science crazed
Fear x
Epidemic
Landscape suicide
Pig
Charisma
labyrinth of dreams

thanks, landscape suicide has been getting a lot of attention here recently, thats pretty cool
labyrinth of dream was fantastic, have you seen angel dust?

thanks for sharing, i think someone was posting a megalink to science crazed here, ill try to check it out

have it on my drive but haven't seen it yet

There is no real point IMHO, something to decipher or something, it's just a very energetic, cool movie that I loved when I first saw, without being able to explain why.
When I am underwhelmed by a movie that I keep hearing praises or at least good stuff about, I ask the same question: what do people find in Pulp Fiction, Breatheless etc. I guess some movies provoke feelings to some and don't to others.

What did you get from Jarman's blue? I thought it was really nothing special, and didn't connect with me in any way.

Great taste though, specially love BA and Blue Velvet.

Have you seen Sans Soleil?

wonder is mangificent tho mate lol

I think Blue is an excellent meditation on what it means to see, sight being obviously very important for film as a medium. The combination of the sheer, unnerving backdrop of Klein Blue with the sometimes-rambling, sometimes-shouting narration is powerful, I think, if you can pay enough attention to "feel" it.

w/r/t Sans Soleil, no, it's been on the list forever. What about my picks has you bring it up?

Qatsi and Blue made me think of it.

I'd agree that Blue does a great feeling at times at conveying horrifying pain, but ultimately it was not something I enjoyed seeing at all, and I usually like that filmic style, and also like Jarman.