Why didn't Bateman kill him and Bryce?

Why didn't Bateman kill him and Bryce?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cISYzA36-ZY
dailyscript.com/scripts/American_Psycho_Harron_Turner.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They didn't go to Yale

Bryce was the only person he respected

Halberstram he probably didn't view as a rival, it was Paul Allen who irritated him by one-upping him

Because he had the power of dubs to protect him

Unfortunately you didn't

Didn't care about them. Gotta remember that he is a psychopath and a lot of people he interacts with, he doesn't care much or at all about.

Maybe I'll lend him mine.

Checkem

Paul Allen had a better haircut, apartment and a calling card.

>10101
Respectable.

user has mistaken Van Patten for this dickhead Albert Halbertram

CHECK EM RIGHT NOW

And most importantly, an 8:30 res at Dorsia

He didn't kill Bryce because he felt bad that his wife left him for a cult after the rapture.

Because they are friends... kinda. I mean, Bateman doesn't really care much about them, but he still hangs out with them constantly. He killed Paul Allen mainly because Paul Allen was arrogant, didn't like Bateman himself, was always constantly bragging about how good he has it, etc...

Basically Paul Allen annoyed the shit out of Bateman and that's why he got killed.

user has mistaken Marcus Halberstram for this dickhead Albert Halbertram.

American cops and detectives are portrayed as a totally inept force in this movie.

lack of repeating digits, unlike mine right here

A very accurate portrayal then.

This is on purpose

They shot every Dafoe scene three times; once in a character that knows Bateman did it ('I just wanted to know if you know'), once in one that didn't suspect him, and once in one that was neutral. Then they cut all that footage up and intertwined it, hence the sudden shifts in tone.

Brilliant work there.

mmm, sea urchins of eechang

Sorry boys I got a reservation with doubles tonight

It's cerviche you god damn pleb

because he saw these dubs

very nice, but that's nothing, check these

checked

youtube.com/watch?v=cISYzA36-ZY
Skip to 1:16

Van Patten had a better business card and was always leeching for dinner reservations

did you really think that's what he said

dailyscript.com/scripts/American_Psycho_Harron_Turner.html

ctrl+f 'sea urchin'

you need to kill yourself

every fucking time we have an american psycho thread it devolves into dubs checking.

just fucking stop

You first

Jesus Christ how did he swing a res at Dorsia?

Yup. See Maybe not eechang. I don't know user, tell me.

He got doubles

Fair enough, sounds NOTHING like that in the film though.

I think he cares about them in his own way. He broke up with Eveline and kicked Jean out of his apartment so he wouldn't end up killing them

i saw this for the first time in years

really not that good, just occasionally Bale being hilarious (like the break up scene "Imfuckingserious!")

Seriously though, if young millionaire wall street types can't get dinner reservations who the fuck actually can get them?

>he hasn't read the book

user wtf are you playing at? Read the fucking jellyfish scene right now.

>Patrick is sweating and distressed and detailing all of his crimes to Howard
>Howard just sits there with a stone cold look and laughs in his face
Who was the real American Psycho?

What would you do if someone you knew came up to you and started ranting about that crazy shit at you? I'd just assume they were fucking with me.

The first thing I'd do as a lawyer is tell my client to shut the fuck up

>who the fuck actually can get them
In the book, Bateman's younger brother is able to get a reservation first day in New York.

Richer millionaires? There's a reason why he doesn't murder people cos there's a queue in McDonald's

did he give the maitre d head?

And orders two fucking lobsters, one for the appetizer and one for the entree. I really wish they had included something with his brother in the movie.

it sounds exactly like 'sea urchin'

politicians, judges, ceo's, billionaires

That's really interesting, actually. Those scenes did seem kind of odd.

Sean was the better Bateman.

>billionaires
Was Trump mentioned in the book/movie? I feel like I remember that.

>is that Donald Trump's car?

yes

Yes, Trump is Bateman's role model.

YARE YARE DAZE DUBS GO

DIE!

As should be the case for every man.

'The sea urchin of'____

What? What he says in film bears no resemblance to what he says in the film.

well you see, it is because Bateman did not actually kill anyone.

He mentions Ivanka Trump once in the movie I think but in the book he thinks he sees Ivanka Trump/ Trump everywhere, it's as much of a meme as 'I've got to return some videotapes'

To 'the script'.

each way, sear urchin of each way, as in a platter of sea urchins done each way

I need to watch again, 2 mins.

In the novel, Tom Cruise lives in the same building as Bateman. Bateman runs into him in the elevator and makes an ass of himself, which increases his anxiety.

Nope, definitely says 'of eechan' or some word or don't know.

I can't remember: did Bateman resent him much? I know he went on tirades when other people supposedly lower than him could get a reservation at Dorsia, but I can't recall how he viewed his brother.

ITS SEA URCHIN CEVICHE YOU FUCK

It is ceviche.

Batman doesn't kill

Sure he doesnt

>cerviche
You're a fucking retard and check these dubs, faggot.

>someone just accidentally understood the film/novel

Trump was mentioned in the novel at least a dozen times, and BEE has all but admitted he voted for him.

I've read the novel six times, most recently in German, so check these sick dubs.

>PRICE
>How about Friday?

>OWEN
>No can do. Got a res at eight-thirty at Dorsia. Great sea urchin ceviche. There is a stunned silence as he walks away and sits in a corner of the room, ostentatiously studying papers.

>CLOSE-UP on Bateman's face, cold with hatred.

The reason ctrl+f "Sea urchin" didn't work is because there's a newline character inbetween instead of a space.

The memetic membrane was broken a long time ago user

I read the script and yes it does say 'sea urchin cerviche', but that is NOT what he says in the film unless I'm missing some fucked up pronunciation.

>of eechang

Its literally what he says pal. A ceviche is a seafood item cured in lime juice and shit.

Yeah I googled it but my argument is that that is not what he says on camera. He CLEARLY says 'eechang' or whatever. I actually looked up the pronunciation of 'cerviche' and it sounds nothing like that.

increase volume! he says ce-vi-che

Yup, fuck me! He actually does say it. Soz for arguing with you (or whichever user it was).

Not that one user but I was actually about to argue for eechan too(because i literally heard it) but then I started my bluray version and heard ceviche and checkec the youtube vid with more volume and heard it there too.

crazy stuff.

PLEASE go and troll /ck/ with this shit and post the thread. They'll lose their shit