What is the most hype a movie theater has ever gotten for you?

What is the most hype a movie theater has ever gotten for you?

>pic related, whole theater was freaking out

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_UFWdwx3mjU
youtube.com/watch?v=Qc1UQ4AVYrA
youtube.com/watch?v=sqjfq5gsfYk
youtube.com/watch?v=hjsmLIyOCPk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Same

when Wonder Woman showed up in BvS and blocked Doomsday's blast. Theatre erupted with cheers

fucking americans

I wasn't in America nor am I American

yoda pulling out his saber and attacking dooku

+ godzilla 2014 kiss of death scene

Rogue One Hallway

people actually cheered when Bruce climbed out of the pit in Dark knight rises, was pretty hype

Shin Godzilla goes nuts light show scene

I'm not American, people here shut the fuck up when watching a movie.

Were you in Latin America

Probably when the Rohirrim showed up at Pelennor Fields

probably because NOTHING happened the whole fucking movie

this shit was schlock

same honestly. say what you will about the movie but you can't deny that scene was pure kino

midnight premiere of Harry Potter 8 in the UK, the full theater went absolutely APESHIT cheering

same when Bella got rekt, whole theater screaming DIE YOU CUNT and such at the screen

>Loki monologuing
>Hulk ragdolls him
>people act like they just won the lottery

Same, with the down-to-earth tone of the film I wasn't even expecting atomic breath. When you see just his spines lighting up in the smoke it's the craziest shit ever, you Godzilla is going to wreck some fools.

When rose pushed that bitch jack into the water and just watched him sink. The whole auditorium burst into applause.

none, i don't associate with plebs

this

I saw The Dark Knight on opening night in 2008 and it was almost like a religious experience.

Same experience, it was awful, this was when I started hating MCU.

Too bad the movie was a clusterfuck.

>lets kill off our most interesting character after 30 minutes so the block of wood can have more screen time

Live Daigo parry will never be topped by any cinematic hype for the next half a century...

This whole sequence had my audience going full Indian theater experience for it's duration, based NEETsilver.

>it's super popular so I MUST hate it

Sup Forums in a nutshell

>that one guy who stood up and fist-pumped when Joker slammed that guys head on the pencil

>Everybody loved this scene
>this was when I started hating

Contrarian faggots

I'm not sure. I guess I remember during the Lucas Films logo before TFA or whatever people were whistling, whooping, and making other childlike noises. I cried throughout the movie and grinned uncontrollably. I was just overwhelmed with nostalgia. I assume electricity was in the air and other people were crying and shit too.

This. It was the first time we got to see him actually pull out that little light saber of his and go to town.

Great cinematography.

Fellowship of the Ring - Moria part.
The Phantom Menace - Opening crawl

What the fuck, I hope I never have to watch a movie in the US.

>It must be that he's contrarian!
Did you like a dickhead call people FUcKIng conformists in your early years? You cringe thinking about it so this is your way to make up for it?

>at ROTS
>Darth Vader NOOOOOOOO scene
>friends and i laughing
>realize rest of theater is actually sad

The time I saw You Got Served in a ghetto theater

So contrarian, I appear in inverted colors.

It's one of the most embarasing sequences in the whole saga, completely wrecks his whole character.

Someone in the theater I was in yelled fatality when he killed the second muto.

the worst part is that if you don't cheer and clap along people notice and after the movie's over they follow you to your car

what a degenerate retard

TDK.

People clapped when Joker escaped from custody, and stuck his head out of the back of the cop car, and then they cheered after the credits began to roll. That's about it.

I saw this opening day, and everybody just laughed, nobody cheered or clapped or anything.

This isn't really the norm. I've seen a lot of movies on theatres, and my experiences have been really tame.

It was a bong so this is highly accurate.

My dad rarely shows emotions but when this happened he roared like I've never heard before....

Other than that I go to a lot of midnight showings and people are all pretty much the same level of hype.

But from what I remember when I was younger people were really rowdy and hyped for the prequels. More do than anything I've seen recently.

youtube.com/watch?v=_UFWdwx3mjU

I thought this "americans clapping and cheering" thing was just a meme holy shit.
Just look at this

>jedi shouldnt use the weapon theyre known for

wtf are you on?/

There was a lot of cheering on premiere night of Revenge of the Sith when Yoda pulled out his lightsaber against Sheev in the Senate chamber. Then the flipping started

He's right though. Why would various species use a weapon that is completely inefficient and not suited for their body type?

Yoda should have used the force to suspend Dookus ship in air when he's trying to escape. Yodas theme blasting, Dooku looking out from the ramp in disbelief, tries to crush obi and ani with the pillar, forcing Yoda to save them and allowing him to escape.

Yoda and the rest of the impractical lightsaber users should have only used the force.

had a black guy yell OHHHH in my theater

A wise, Zen-master type character had been turned into a clumsy, imperceptive, half-assed general willing to use a slave army to fight a bloody war to prop up a corrupt regime. It was a totally different character than the one in The Empire Strikes Back.

Pretty much the first thing he teaches Luke is that being a Jedi is about more than being a great warrior ("wars not make one great"). The embodiment of Jedi principles of living in harmony. He shows Luke how the Force flows when you are "calm, at peace, passive" not when you're a little pint-sized bad-ass leading a clone division from the back of a gunship.

It's just ridiculous and comical.

>Yodas theme blasting
...does Yoda have a theme?

He told Luke to be calm and passive because the last time he tried being a green ninja and leading an army, the Empire happened.

This

Probably the opening day showing of episode one. I was still in elementary school, but a lot of people forget how big of a deal it was. When the opening sequence rolled people stood up and cheered in my theater. I wonder how they felt leaving.

I was at the BvS world premiere in NYC (the one with the red carpet and everything)

the audience cheered wildly at most fight scenes especially the final battle

kek

The music that plays throughout Empire and mainly when he lifts the X-wing out of the swamp.

Yoda is 900 years old. He didn't became a totally different person in just a decade or two.

Also they already present him as "wise old Zen master" in the prequels, but he just happens to be a war leading general that can flip around like a ninja with his lightsaber if he wants to.

Fuck off. What are other countries just deadbeat and boring? Enjoy yourself

I laughed my ass off at that scene in the pic too. It's so fucking stupid you don't expect it. Helped that Finn was speaking in ebonics "DROID (nigga) please!" Don't act like a white character would've ever said that.

first star wars prequel

wew the letdown after that.

Pretty much this.
youtube.com/watch?v=Qc1UQ4AVYrA

I'm not gonna lie also a old fag and rottentomatoes didn't exist and so nobody knew it sucked already before seeing it, there was a certain allowance in the air if you will, with many critics giving 3 star reviews and the hype was too powerful.

Nobody booed at my screening or cheered but there was just people walking out either with smiles or a bit confused as to what to think of it.

At least that was my family reaction, we went to TPM with an uncle and he thought it sucked out loud but as kids we sort of just dug the good parts, we weren't the super critical Gen Z kids who understand every nuance of films and critique. Parents were just meh about it but they weren't Star Wars FANS but my dad is a Trekker.

Anyway there definitely wasn't a unanimous hatred of Episode I like it seems today, there was actually always a defense force for them until RLM destroyed the prequels for good.

Its only 2017 where a small pocket of prequels fans is allowed to exist.

This is fucking embarassing.

Glad my country is not that degenerate

youtube.com/watch?v=sqjfq5gsfYk
People cheered when Aragorn chopped the boss orc's head off and it was great.

The scene in TDK when batman wall rides and 180s on the bike.

Some guy stood up threw both his arms up at the screen and screamed WOAH! Looked around at everyone else sitting mildly, got embarrassed and sat down.

I will never forget him.

Gotta admit that was a good trailer. Not quite the "Chewy we're home" but definitely could see myself digging the Yoda stuff and new CGI space battles and double lightsaber.

Its kinda hilarious how its 1998 there and it still looks as good as most camrips.

this was fucking dope

the whole theater went fucking nuts when that gooks head flew across the screen

Protect his smile

Return of the King

Nearly at every battle scene, but especially with Frodo/Shelob, battle of Gondor and Frodo, Sam and Gollum at Mt Doom

It was the same both times I went to see it at different theaters.

I don't believe you. There's nothing crazy about a bike riding on a wall in movie.

Yea it was this(both atomic breaths), Star Wars TFA starting, TDKR credits rolling up, and Hulk slamming Loki for me. Not much hype after that. Not much can beat it either except for Thanos finally going against The Avengers I guess. Justice League together on screen would get some cheers, if there was any hope for that movie at all. Godzilla 2 should be good as well as Godzilla vs Kong the year after that one.

He's not riding on the wall, it's basically a backflip against a wall with a bike.
I sure as hell didn't see anything like that in a movie.

jesus christ that production value

we'll never get something like this again

The chokeslam in Fast and Furious 7.
Everyone in the theater went DAAAAMN!!!
youtube.com/watch?v=hjsmLIyOCPk

Probably the opening scene of Pirates of the Caribbean 3.

This. It's a crowd mentality thing, you don't have to join if you don't want to. I am starting to think these people are literally autistic, and not memeing at all.

really? when they hang the little kid?

I sincerely hope you're just baiting.

yea, all the theater started singing together and screamed when the kid got hanged

The Handmaiden full 5 mins long lesbian action scene.
We were supossed to behave as adults, it was a film festival. But howls were howled.

Are you not empathetic to your fellow humans? Clapping/applauding is a sign that you are involved with the crowd/audience. It is a collective thing. What, you remain quiet and wear a poker face despite surprising or outlandish things happening? That's a sign of not being empathetic.

thats retarded. but that was the worst pirates movie so whatever

Batman 89 then Terminator 2.

An "ooh aah" of amazement here and there is passable, but clapping/applauding is entirely retarded and disrespectful to the artform.
I guess it's okay if you watch some capeshit trash, but go to any film festival and start applauding/cheering/yelling during the film and the director himself will come up and slap you.

If anything, clap at the end of the movie (which is also retarded if the director or cast/crew isn't there)

No, Canada

so basically america. thanks for wasting everybody's time you retarded leaf

I distinctly remember the theater going nuts when Yoda pulled out his lightsaber to fight Dooku. That may not be the most hype, but it's one I remember for some reason.

>watching this in theaters
>get to this scene
>think "wow, Lucas finally managed to make a genuinely emotional scene"
>Vader starts stomping around like Frankenstein and you know what happens next

why did he think that was a good idea

why did he add it to the end of Return of the Jedi on the blu ray, fucking TWICE

either Steve Coogan blowing up in Tropic thunder or Queenan getting thrown off the roof in departed

oh also the bank robbery of TDK not a soul could be heard breathing

>Luke: "I'm looking for a great warrior"
>Yoda: "Wars not make one great, hmm"

meanwhile 30 years earlier he literally started a fucking war because 2 Jedi and a senator in a gladiator arena needed not just the entire Jedi Order to rescue them, but a brand new army of clones and ships that they only just found out about like a day before. And then in the next movie he goes all the way to Kashyyyk to watch a battle. Didn't fight, didn't even use the force in any way to help the Wookiees, he just fucking stood on the sides with Chewbacca and watched.

and he was a good friend.

what the fuck, why people consider that to be one of the best trailers ever? It shows every major scene in the movie except for Qui-Gon's death. Geez, that's worse than the Doomsday trailer for BvS

Luke using the green lightsaber and/or going full Grandmaster Jedi in The Last Jedi will top all of those I bet. The hype to see Luke Skywalker again was already high leading up to TFA, and after the tease of an ending it had the hype is even higher for TLJ. If Rey kills Kylo or Luke kills Snoke in IX those will be the same probably.

Star Wars 3 when Vader's mask goes *click* and then the iconic breathing sounds.

Probably the final battle in the third Matrix movie.

according to the clone wars yoda wasn't even aware that good and evil exists in everyone

I usually go see movies early in the afternoon to avoid children but I made the mistake of seeing the Force Awakens at 7:00 pm and literally every time something classic Star Wars made an appearance the crowd would clap or cheer, made me realize that despite how terrible Hollywood is with their cashing on nostalgia, it actually fucking works

I want off this ride

It's almost like Yoda was 20 years younger in the prequels or something...

>these people are literally autistic,
welcome to Sup Forums

Probably when the the star wars logo first appeared for Force Awakens.

Me and my friend went to the midnight premier early, and yet we were still on a line. Then the show got delayed for some reason. With no exaggeration, we watched 40 or so minutes of ads, most of them repeating.

Every time the screen went black or paused to transition to the next ad, the theatre went silent until the next ad played. When we sat there through another black screen, waiting for the next ad, the lights went low and you could feel the energy in the room. No sound at all.

As soon as you heard the first DOOT and the logo appeared everyone went nuts.

episode 3 midnight showing
anything empire or emperor or order 66