Why are the movies better at theaters? Is it the social experience?

>Why are the movies better at theaters? Is it the social experience?

The sound and the bigscreen

Who are you quoting?

Because you paid for it, That's why it feels better.

The screams coming from the torture chambers enhance the experience

They're not
The speakers rumble too much, and the picture is too faint and grainy

bigger screen, louder noises, sometimes you can feel it in the seats even. it all affects your sensory organs to a higher degree than at home. dazzled. plus the social aspect.

I've noticed the comedic bits seem to be funnier in theaters too, maybe other people laughing reinforces it but watching movies at home that I watched in a theater too just aren't as funny

the social experience can play a factor but it totally depends if the audience is not fucking horrible

its mostly just the fact that you are in a large dark room with a giant screen and great sound system watching kino.

The sound really does it for me.

maybe you should go to a good theater

WELL WHAT ABOUT THIS:

WHEN YOU GO TO WATCH A MOVIE AND THERE ARE FAGGOTS THAT ALREADY WATCHED THE MOVIE AND THEY TEEL THEIR PEERS "WATCH OUT AT THIS PART" "LOL CHECK THIS PART, ITS THE BEST PART" OR THEY JUST TURN THEIR HEADS TO THEIR PEERS IN ANTICIPATION TO THEIR REACTION TO THE EPIC PART.

I HATE THEM. THEY NEED TO BE ERASED FROM EXISTENCE. THEY DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ART APPRECIATION. FUCK THEM AND LET THEIR SOULS BURN IN HELL FOREVER BUT I THINK THATS NOT ENOUGH PUNISHMENT FOR SUCH CONCENTRATED FAGGOTRY.

wow calm down man

Depends on what you are watching.

For example, nothing will beat Interstellar in analog 2D IMAX, pure audio visual experience which can't be copied at home no matter what system you have.

>when you arrive a bit late to the movie and youre accomodating and you hear all the rumbling bass and resonating voices, and you are kinda confused because you dont know how much the movie has advanced, but its all so engaging and serious and exciting too

comfy as fuck.

i remember gravity being a shitty movie but that scene where everything goes to shit was absolutely amazing in imax

>theaters
>social
Haha no.
Also, it's way easier to immerse in the experience when you're alone.

never watched interestellar at the cinema, because it was a nolan movie, and i dont like comedies.

Take it easy

>he doesn't have mandatory theater speed friendship sessions before the movie

This is why it's best to watch from the theater lake. You can hear the screams and even get a view at just the right angle

>watching a movie at home
>always pausing to do something else, or reversing to catch something i missed

cant do that at a theater so im always more immersed

You're the guy people talk to to be polite but actually think is a fucking weirdo.

No they are not, my BenQ W1110 Full HD DLP + Denon AVR-x2300W + 7.2 speaker setup is vastly superior to any local or even nearby theater. I have to drive 150km if i want to see a movie in an acceptable theater that isnt acoustically dogshit or just fitted with garbage sound system designed by ape.

Worst of all there are ZERO IMAX theaters in my uncultured country so i have to get visa and travel 4 hours by train to reach an ACTUAL high-level movie experience.

t. President trump

I'd rather watch movies on my laptop screen in my bed via headphones than in the fucking theatre honestly. I fucking hate cinemas.

>watching Girl with the Dragon Tattoo in theaters
>Dad has read the book, I haven't
>he keeps turning to me to give me all these little superfluous details that were in the book but weren't in the movie, or that haven't been shown in the movie yet
>guy in the row in front of us keeps turning to look at us with disgust whenever he does this

My dad was probably in the wrong here but it was kind of funny that this other guy was the only one getting seriously pissed off about it

You're the guy complaining about people being wierd on a Hungarian self-flagellation fansite

>it's a reddit visits Sup Forums episode

cognitive dissonance.
you can't bring yourself to believe you were a fucking moron for spending that much money, so you think you had a better time.

Yea I don't understand that, you're in a theater, other people will be there. Saw Sinister and a couple of old ladies were behind me and were expressing typical grandmother disgust at basically every homemovie scene. That enhanced the movie a little cause I knew the movie was doing a damn fine job at getting under people's skin. Plus if it's based off of anything, I expect there to be some chatter going on with their friends while the movie is going. It's only bad when it's a PG-13 horror movie on opening weekend. Packed with middle school and high school children.

You are not distacted by Sup Forums filling half of the screen and actually watch the flick all at once.

Never in my life I have seen people talk or cheer in a movie theater. If there's a funny part, some people snort but that's it. I go to movie theater to enjoy high quality experience and I expect other to shut the fuck up. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH AMERICANS JESUS CHRIST

no one cares, reddit.

I pick shit up at the ghetto kinoplex in my city and the audience legit claps every time at the ending of get out.

no niggers at my house

Contain your autism, friend.

Generally, the quality of showers and speed of the kino check in lines dictates whether or not you're at a good theater.

>watching revenge of the sith
>people started whooping and hollering when Darth Vader was revealed at the end

>Why are the movies better at theaters?
But they are not.

>Is it the social experience?
I'm antisocial.

I'm too much of a sperg to go

I always jump out of my seat when something loud happens like Dr. Mann docking

>Have been to 10 different theaters in my life, every single one of them turned up so high I have to literally bring earbuds to wear to dampen the sound

>Every movie has fucking garbage levels where dialogue is faint and action is loud as fuck

Everything about the theater experience contributes to lazy filmmaking nowadays. You use loud sounds to make up for actual weight to your action. You use a big screen to make it harder for people to notice how shitty your CG is. You have an audience to laugh to reinforce how "funny" something is.

Cinema is for fun, I never go into it for a movie I actually care about.

fucking this obviously /thread

Big surround sound, big clear screen, the "herd" mentality of the crowd, and the build up (buying tickets, going through the lobby, pre-show trailers, dimming of the lights).

I think an often overlooked element is also how a theater forces you to focus (if you can ignore chewing sounds). You're pressured to not get up, to not check your phone, and instead simply focus. Especially since you cannot pause and come back. You have to experience the film as a whole (unless you're a dick).

>Why do people get excited when they are sharing something they like with their friends?
>THEY NEED TO BE ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

You seem like a cool guy to hang out with.

I would watch all films at my home, but I don't have a 2 ton IMAX analog projector along with the 98 feet high screen right.
Or a living room with perfect acoustic treatment and a sound system with multi-thousand watt amplifiers and speakers even behind the screen which has microscopic holes throughout for the sound to get through.

The quality of an IMAX is high enough for me to get risk out getting shot by the local resident cinema shooter.

>I'm such a spoiled cunt that I will ruin the experience for other people because I can't wait for a 2 hour movie to finish to talk to my friend about it
>Despite this knowledge, I go to the movies and do it anyway rather than watching at home where we aren't bothering anybody

100% chance you're American, 50% chance you're a nigger.

I absolutely love going to the movies in a theater but only during times when it is likely there will be few or no people in the theater. I just go to weekday matinees when a theater that could accommodate a couple of hundred people in it only has me and 5-6 others.

Seeing a movie in a full crowd is generally the worst experience imaginable.