America is a land of oppor-

>America is a land of oppor-

Other urls found in this thread:

trulia.com/home_prices/
mortgagecalculator.org/
newser.com/story/225645/average-size-of-us-homes-decade-by-decade.html
trade-schools.net/articles/trade-school-jobs.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well most Americans are foreigners so that makes sense.

>Make $120k
>Spend it all on random shit
>"WTF AMERIKKKA THE AMERIKKKAN DREAM IS DEAD!"

so much this. if people didn't buy a new iphone every year and drink 10 dollar coffees every day they would be a lot richer. i used to work in a welfare office and half the people there had the newest iphone and a gold chain. fucking boggles my mind

That's not as bad as the people working legit decent paying jobs who are broke because they spend it all on showing off to the Joneses.

Yes, because a twitter meme is a reliable source of statistics

>pic
>twitter
Are you fucking retarded?

He's negative Peru.

>america is rich
93% of Americans make less than 100k a year.

If you're not overweight you're also top 30% of Americans too. What's ur point most people are fags

That's still like 2 million people making over 100k

>like 2 million people!
USA is 310 million population.

I'd like to blame those that live like this, but I make too much money to do so.

Why is American math education so terrible. It's over 20 million.

80% of the US makes less than 50k a year, so much for "middle".

it was a typo

Middle class in the US is 26,000 this is around $16 an hour not that it supports what should be an average lifestyle of family, home and such.

Trickle down my friend..

The Netherlands is rich. €100k/y would be a fucking lot.

You cant afford a home with average wage.

35k is still middle class. Most college degrees don't make more than 50k starting unless you're going into engineering, law, or medicine.

Does this only count people 18-65? How about prime working age (22-50)? Children and elderly people do work but often are not responsible for supporting themselves. Most people won't start their career until they're 22 and either graduate from college or finish their trade apprenticeship.

Actually you can, our housing crisis is about the group between social and private renting.
Buying a house is cheaper than renting. You just need a lot of savings.
I'm currently saving up 40k, so I can buy a house, which will cost me about €500/m.

Among whites 50th percentile of income reported is 30,000, around $17 an hour.

The cost of owning a car is around 10k/yr and the cost of housing is similar, leaving around 6k after taxes for everything else

Cost of housing is 12,000 a year+.

Assuming you are working a full 40hr work week and making $20/hr so a mid tier non-minimum wage career you'd only make a total of $41,000/yr before taxes. That's already not a lot to work with. If you rented an apartment for $800 a month or so you're down another $10k. You almost certainly need to have a car so there's another big chunk of money out the window for gas, taxes, repairs, insurance etc. You need groceries, health insurance, etc. You aren't left with very much to work with all said and done. It's livable but barely and you won't have much of any reserve for unexpected expenses or if you wanted to do something like further your education.

Now figure the average American is earning less than that, more in the $7.25-$15 range and figure out how to make it work.

I'll grant you there are a lot of people who spend their money irresponsibly but even if you factor that out the problems still exist. We need a stronger middle class with more money in their pocket because when they have enough to afford the necessities plus some reserve they can start to buy the luxuries which helps drive the economy. Right now there is a big bubble building. The poorer we make the middle class the bigger it gets. Eventually it'll pop and nobody will be able to afford anything, businesses go bust in large numbers, and the entire economy bottoms out. That won't be like 2008, it'll be more like the Great Depression.

Average white american has around 18,000 after just paying landlord rent, soneone with inherited housing gains 12,000 a year passively.

>$20 an hour
>medium
Youre out of touch

I didn't ask about whites, I asked about what ages are included in the data. Including people that do not need to or are not expected to work will skew the data. It can be accurate while being misleading.

It depends where you want to buy a home. If you want to live in or around a big and nice city, it's going to cost a lot more than living in a less desirable city.

You can see average home prices by area here:
trulia.com/home_prices/
And you can look in those areas on zillow. I checked in Richmond VA and there's a lot of homes available for under 150k, and some under 100k. A 30 year mortgage on 150k comes out to about $1000 a month which should be doable especially if you're married. Being married allows more costs to be shared and is often a good financial decision. It provides stability which is necessary for raising a child.

mortgagecalculator.org/

My roommate can afford $600 a month plus utilities for housing and he's a $20 year old assistant manager at a store. Any skilled laborer or college graduate should be able to afford more. You can buy a house and live with a roommate if youre not in the position to marry.

Consider that many of the houses that are going for less than $150k in Richmond are much larger than houses that your grandpappy would be buying. The average home size in 1950 was less than 1000 sqft.

newser.com/story/225645/average-size-of-us-homes-decade-by-decade.html

That would be representative of the hourly earnings of the average American worker. I might be off by a bit but I'd figure it's in the $15-25 range.

>Eventually it'll pop and nobody will be able to afford anything
IMO it's when the late boomers and gen x retire. So 15 years max?

As soon as next generation retires the youth will be slaves.

>-tunitistic heashots

American are ri---

Thank u capitalism

that's capitalism for you. Isn't it a great system?

Did you make this thread so you could complain about being poor?

unless you had a pension or saved a lot, you're mostly fucked even today. and the youth don't have any money to give them

Do you really have trouble finding 400$ for an emergency?

Average American making 30,000 a year has 10k in yearly income for themselves, that is $833 per month.

You know, you don't have to work for pennies. The only way to increase your earnings is to have a skill that most people don't that has real application. You can look at a list of trades and enter training with a union. Generally training is paid at a percentage of the salary of a fully trained employee but usually better than unskilled labor.

trade-schools.net/articles/trade-school-jobs.asp

Most of these jobs are unionized and full time, meaning they have benefits including health insurance.

Why do you think youth in the US have less money than youth in other countries? The government pushed the college meme so hard that many people ended up with a useless scrap of paper and deeper in debt. It's not a binary choice between college and McDonald's. Other countries actually inform young people about the opportunities available to them.

>rampant inflation due to fed robs you of your wealth that isnt taxed

Americans spend all their monies on mcdonalds and walmart

I'm so tired of you poor people complaining, at least you have romance and hedonism and all that. I have nothing but my money.

If youre making minimum wage, well shit.. Housing costs would take. $12,000 out of $14,000, to get a car would put you in $-6,000 a year.

This is why Trump won, why Bernie Sanders has taken over our youth, and why America will be communist by 2100

Thanks to elitist rich people runningnthe governant with no regard to the middle or to the poor?

The average wealth of a politician l, yet the poor vote for the rich, why?
Low intelligence?

going for my driving lesson soon lads, wish me luck

Wow guess I'm top 10% of Americans then

Yes, you are.

Average Americans have absolutely nothing posdible to do but watch t.v and drink beer while riled up that someone can rob them of their standard of living.

Good feel man.

>TFW born in LITERAL poor shithole
>Move to Canada thanks to based parents
>Now practically an Ubermensch according to stats you posted + others
Good feel

If someone isnt in your class why would you assume he has your interests in mind?

The problem is complex and there isn't a sole cause, though that's obviously a big part of it. Since it's hard to find good paying work outside of major cities, it's not unexpected that the people outside the cities are doing worse.
In my opinion a large part of the problem is that governments structure their tax codes and regulations to ease larger companies. Places that often have a better quality of life have more small local companies around them

Where were you born?

Eastern Ukraine

Has there ever been a generation so despicable as the boomers before? They inherited literally the best country in the world and turned into a neocon shithole within 50 years.

>>Make $120k
When will this silly meme stop?
The median household income in the US is $ 53,889 (household income, not even personal income).
Average household size is 2.5. Don't fall for the American dream bullshit. The American reality is with those $ 53,889 you have to feed, shelter & entertain 2 or 3 persons.

Same reason blacks and other minorities vote for democrats yet still live in poverty

Is $20/hr really not an average wage in Cuckistan?

Where I live starting wage for some factories is $20/hr+ and benefits. I know it's only CAD not usd but still... University graduates make great money too.

Wow that's darn bad!

Pic related, a job for literal retards where I live. $70k a year.

There are many cities in the US, all of which need people to do things. Do you have any source for small businesses causing better quality of life? The lack of a well-regulated free market that promotes competition is an exacerbating issue, as is not allowing big companies to fail when they fuck up.

Ukraine average salary is $3,700 a year.

50th percentile of us white with bachelor's degree is $50,000 a year, double this at $100,000 would be 18th percentile a 32 percentile difference.

Double ukrainian median wealth would be $7,400 and this would be 18th percentile .

If youre forced to be on minimum wage communist revolution is the least I would expect.

Anything for a better standard of living without being treated like trash and misery, why mass communist unions and strikes havent occured is a mystery due to successful rich propaganda.

redpill me on that dog pepe

I don't have any sources, it's just conjecture. From my experience small companies tend to offer better benefits since they need to entice people. I work in software, which might influence your opinion, but I've worked outside as well and still reach that conclusion.

id love to have at least 10€/hour, 16 seems like a pipe dream

Pls reply to these, Americans.

Is a truck driving job in Canada really better than median household income in the US?

I'm a software dev as well, and I happen to work for a larger company that has decent benefits, and good pay. I think there's more variation among small businesses. Some treat their employees very well, some treat them like shit. From all the horror stories I've heard about tech startups, it seems like small tech companies lean towards th shit end of the spectrum. Of course, this startup culture is being pushed by the venture capitalists that fund them.

The meme on /biz/ and /sci/ are meme after all

the foreigners are the rich ones, you retard

>why mass communist unions and strikes havent occured is a mystery due to successful rich propaganda

>Mileage Paid
Does that mean you have to bring your own flatbed truck?

No

>You know, you don't have to work for pennies.
Statistically, the extreme majority of Americans do have to "work for pennies" because it is those working poor the rich rely on for their own profits. This is why things like minimum wage are such an issue, because the rich would rather people working for them become working homeless than not be able to afford that extra beach house.

What kind of skills do you have?

Some can be bad, but the writing is usually on the wall right away. Some companies are are basically offshoots of big companies anyways, just making some money off an emerging tool before everyone else does. My first job after graduation was at a big company and I didn't enjoy it. It paid well, but basically no vacation and no reason not to look for a better job. It also really just depends what your interests are. This is a pretty unique field since you generally have a lot of options.

i can type at 80 wpm and i know 3 languages
i can repair computers and stuff too

So where do you guys work if you're making so little? McDonald's or Walmart?

As far as I know America is a huge braindrain for us where salaries are much higher in a lot of areas.

They can only afford to pay someone that much because only a tiny amount of people will end up in the role and the profits for the company is massive. If this was a position being filled by tens of thousands of people, the pay would be closer to 20k than 70k. What an incredibly intellectually dishonest snipe.

Well yeah stocking shelves or flipping burgers can be done by people who cant speak English or highschool kids.

My point was that jobs that don't require degrees or particularly specialized skills pay a lot more than what the people ITT are claiming. Something seems off.

Here's average wage in my province broken down by age, gender, etc. Something isn't adding up here

Average wage is not average persons wage.

i live paycheck to paycheck and i make $105k as a single man

What are your expenses? Can you list them by category?

Where I live minimum wage is ~$1800/month with a 40hr workweek. This is enough to easily survive on as a single adult.

stop buying anime pillows then your savings will multiply a thousandfold

So you never learned a trade?

How much is the average persons wage?
We have a large retiree population and students making little to no money.

What field do you guys work in and how much do you make? If $12/hr is average wage in US then that's bizarre because callcenter agents make more in Canada.

Beyond 80 percent of America is subhuman scum. Even with all the opportunity in the world up for grabs, they would still miss it if it isn't thrown at them.

Have a look at how many fast food and Walmart places there are around America, the number of people they staff and the amount of profit these corporations generate.
Low paying and entry level jobs have to be staffed and the reality is that only a minority of people can earn good money.
I'm sick and fucking tired of smug autists trying to insinuate that everyone should just get a better paying job, as though it were that straightforward. If everyone magically worked these higher skilled jobs, they would be getting paid vastly less because the capitalist free market is hierarchical and demands lower paid workers supporting higher paid workers. Countries like the USA require most people to be doing effectively underpaid, overworked jobs.

I refuse to accept that you have ever been part of the workforce or are even over 18 because you have an extremely detached understanding of the reality of modern life. The map is not the territory, mate.

Then you're neither middle class nor in any way representative of the average American. What do you spend your money on that you live paycheck to paycheck?
Also: post proofs

define trade
ive worked as a freelancer repairing computer shit but i didnt have enough clients to make a living off it

Based Australian laying down reality on sheltered autists.

I am currently employed though. I have a good understanding because I go through job listings almost every other day.

This is why you stay in school and learn basic social skills instead of cuck memes and pepes and wojacks. Working fastfood in Canada is for highschool/uni students or new immigrants.

wtf I hate capitalism now

>if you're not a minimum wage employee at burgerkangz then you're sheltered
What the hell?

something you learned during an apprenticeship or university, where you get to do one or more tests and finally a paper by some authority that says what your skills have

>tfw big ass home in the center of small comfy city with monthly spending of 350-$400/mo

Feels good man

sure, so $105k salary is about ~$6k a month after taxes

following is expenses per month, i also pay my family's bills even though they live hundreds of miles away, yes i'm a cuck:

>rent
$1500 + $150 utility

>food related (eat out quite often + alcohol)
$400

>paying off student loans
$500 - $1500

>tmobile bill (for 4 lines, paying off 2 iphones)
$250

>paying off car loan, just a camry + gas
$500

>random expenses for gadgets and stuff
$1000 - $1500
recent examples: dyson vacuum, car stereo, glock 19, thousands of rounds of ammo, macbook pro for sister entering college, investments in ETH and BTC, had a car accident

The random expenses is bad. I have $6k in the bank and it doesn't really get much higher than that. I think the most I've ever had in my bank was like $15k.

What is your job?

software engineer in the bay / pajeet valley