youtube.com/watch?v=cXk9qywB6Kg
youtu.be/x5_jwdOHm8w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtu.be/tPTrIK0i7b4

agrarianism

More Doo-Wop:
youtube.com/watch?v=7X0OdFzWNiA
youtube.com/watch?v=rS5ydtOppp8

All hail our might treasurer (((Judah P Benjamin)))

A weapon to surpass metal gear.

>sephardic
only acceptable ones

thats a hell of a fingerbox

Ned Ludd was right

We should start making piggy-banks with those things attached to them.

He was right in that British country artisans did lose their jobs en masse, but I wouldn't say I would go back and undo the Industrial Revolution.

>British country artisans did lose their jobs en masse
99% of them got jobs in the factories which were by and large better for them overall. Even with the absolutely shit tier working conditions, their life expectancy went up drastically

>freely working at a craft which you love vs. being a cog in a machine at an assembly line with grueling working conditions
there's a reason why they were upset, but on the other hand industrialisation created the peak of the British Empire, so fuck them lmao

>there's a reason why they were upset
I'm not saying they shouldn't be upset, but any economic arguments they had were shit tier at best

This applies to "muh mexicans" people today. The only difference is that government policy and union shittery make it much more difficult to be retrained for another job now

JUST

the absolute commonwealth of DC suburbs rn

>Even with the absolutely shit tier working conditions, their life expectancy went up drastically
pic related is life expectancy in 1844, it goes pretty damn low for working class people in industrial centers
"Population soared during the worst period of industrial development, but life expectancy fell"

historyhome.co.uk/peel/p-health/pubheal.htm

what the fuck is that layout tho

Seems the person that made it has never studied computers and the site was launched in 1998, so I don't suppose the layout can really be held too much against her

I dunno, the soap merchants at the mall seem all right, and they're mizrahim

>occasionally show my gf pictures of fingerboxes when a thread pops up
>found a fake article explaining fingerboxes
>done this multiple times
>she knows something's wrong, but doesn't know what.

>mizrahim
Aren't those the faggot orthodox ones who refuse to serve in the Israeli armed forces

That's hasidim
Mizrahim mainly refers to Jews from MENA.

>the happy birthday message has been up for like a week
glad to know that this site is being run with the utmost care with the undivided attention of Hiro and his merry band of mods

>e
wasrgdhfj,nm

What's up guys

Please tell me about the south, I'm bored and feel like chatting anonymously

when you look up you see stars

what do you want to know?

we have nice food and too many mosquitoes

It's hot.
It's humid.
There's a lot of black people.
People are more polite. (according to what Y*nkees tell me)
We're more religious.
We're more conservative.
There are a lot of farms and manufacturing plants.
We eat food that's quite high in fat.

Comfy

Anything you consider worth telling about the land and the people

>too many mosquitoes
During all seasons? Damn, I thought you had them just during summer or something

Do you get a lot of yankees going there in search of a new lifestyle because of that?

Most of the Northerners who come here are old Jews retiring or students for the art school.
Apparently Adam Sandler moved here because of some of that stuff, though.

>Anything you consider worth telling about the land and the people
We're poorer than the rest of the country. I think the average HDI is about the same as Argentina's
We're more religious and conservative than the rest of the country
People generally aren't as cold towards others compared to Yanks
It's very rural compared to the rest of the country
The blacks are tolerable so long as they don't live in the cities
We're generally shat on by the rest of the country because they think we're backwards

Actually I was wrong about that last part, he just comes here frequently.

>poorer
can't forget shit's cheaper though.
Housing, cigarettes, cars, all of it's cheaper here, even in some of the larger cities.

mainly during the summer but they'll stick around as long as it's hot and humid, which is a lot of the year here. There's also snakes and spiders and gators, it's like Australia lite but I'm sure you have even more of that there.

>Anything you consider worth telling about the land and the people
we have an independent streak from the rest of the US, due to cultural differences and a long history of support for states rights. We have a very different mentality towards the US because of this, it's partly why we have a separate general.

>gator
Fuck, man, I could go for some gator tail right about now.

I've only ever had crocodile, at an Australian pub once. I wonder if it's significantly different, I wouldn't imagine so though.

Is real estate cheaper in the south compared to other parts of the country? Southern houses seem like the biggest ones among all regions of america

What about those trailer trash people, do they still exist or was it a meme?

Also, could you tell me a little about the real reasons behind the civil war? Was it just about freeing the slaves or was there something else?

>tfw you know that living in the south that not your children maybe not even your grand children or great grandchildren, but eventually one of you descendants will fuck and have kids with either a full blooded nigger or half blood
This is truly troubling

>What about those trailer trash people, do they still exist or was it a meme?
They exist across the country. I guess there are more of them here tho

>why did we have a civil war
There were a lot of reasons, most of them to do with money. We actually almost had a civil war 30 years earlier because the North tried to impose some shitty tariffs and the South wasn't going to have it

Southern leaders thought that the northerners were dead set on destroying their livelihoods and seizing their property. There was also a lot of violence between northerners and southerners leading up to the election of Abraham Lincoln. An abolitionist named John Brown tried to start a slave rebellion a few years before the Civil War started and that really scared a lot of whites and made them think that the North was out to get them

The final straw was the election of a Republican(abolitionist party) president. A lot of Southern states seceded after his election. The last four seceded when he raised an army to attack the South without the consent of Congress

One of the main reasons was a difference in the interpretation of state rights and the power of the federal government. The Confederate Constitution was pretty much the US Constitution but with added provisions for the autonomy of the states

no, they exist, it's just exaggerated.

>Also, could you tell me a little about the real reasons behind the civil war? Was it just about freeing the slaves or was there something else?
The South seceded from the US over the issue of slavery, along with other more minor grievances. The US viewed the secession as illegal because it didn't want to lose clay and didn't want a precedent for other states to leave to be set.

The big lie is not that the South seceded because of slavery because this is generally true, the lie is that the war was fought over slavery. Lincoln and the north didn't give a fuck about it and just wanted to keep the South in the union. But of course history is written by the victors so now the narrative is "Lincoln freed the slaves", and not "Lincoln attacked and annexed and independent country of millions of people against their will, killing more Americans than every other war we've fought combined".

>implying any of us are going to have descendants

>implying I'm going to have kids

Alligator is fattier, so it might be a bit more tender or a bit better. I've never had crocodile though.

>Is real estate cheaper in the south compared to other parts of the country?
Generally, yes, but just like anywhere, there are multiple factors involved. A house in buttfuck nowhere, Indiana will probably be cheaper than one in Atlanta, but a place in Atlanta will be considerably cheaper than one in say, Boston.

>Southern houses seem like the biggest ones among all regions of america
Rural houses here are huge and typically cheap.

Like Conway said, they exist everywhere, but in some places it's easier to just bring in a cheap trailer than it is to build a house.
Strangely enough, though, I've noticed most trailer parks here have a lot of Hispanics in them. That's not an insult; trailers are okay housing for cheap. It's just something odd I've seen.

>Was it just about freeing the slaves or was there something else?
There were several states in the Union that still allowed slavery at the time of the Civil War; and even then, when the Emancipation Proclamation was made (in 1863), several places were not included, and the slaves were not freed.
While slavery was an issue, and contributed to a lot of animosity on both sides, it definitely wasn't the only one. Slavery was made a primary goal in the middle of the war for a couple reasons: 1. Northern soldiers were getting tired of fighting "to preserve the union" and were becoming willing to just let the CSA secede; so they needed a moral issue to fight. 2. France and England were watching the conflict closely, and it appeared as if they might support the CSA in one way or another, so by making it about slavery, it made supporting the South more unsavory to the Europeans.
The South had bumped heads with the government a few times beforehand; such as the Nullification Crisis. (Stopping here because comment too long)

I know the war was horrible, but I can't help thinking that it was utterly unnecessary
All the issues at stake seemed like they could've been solved in a proper manner through cautious diplomacy and some limited political concessions, but somewhat they've chosen the path that of war

It makes sense
What I find to be strange is that most americans seem like they don't feel related to the war in some way, they act like it was just the south the only region that has fought it when they happen mention the war, it's weird

Do you guys get to hear spanish on a daily basis?

I don't know about other states but here in Texas it's almost a requirement, I hear it unironicly daily

>All the issues at stake seemed like they could've been solved in a proper manner through cautious diplomacy and some limited political concessions
They were. The entire set of agreements between North and South between 1820-1860(Missouri Compromise, the Kansas-Nebraska acts, among others) was in an effort to prevent secession and open hostilities. But John Brown's attempted slave uprising scared the shit out of Southerners, and the election of a president with abolitionist sentiments made things boil over

They *might* have been able to strike a deal with the South to keep them in the Union if Abe Lincoln hadn't raised an army to invade the confederacy, but the underlying issues would still have been there. The only lasting peaceful solution would have been for the north to let the south secede in peace, but that would have left the North unacceptably weak

>Do you guys get to hear spanish on a daily basis?
There aren't very many hispanics in the South. Just in Texas and Florida really

There's not a whole lot of Spanish speakers where I live, and they keep more to themselves.
My girlfriend's grandpa is from Cuba, does not speak Spanish at home, and refused to teach his wife and children Spanish. He even claims to be "Presbyterian" in his heavy attempts to integrate.
Florida and Texas are loaded with Spanish speakers.

>He even claims to be "Presbyterian" in his heavy attempts to integrate.
lel

>"When are we going to get that baby baptized?"
>"Are you Catholic or not?"
He even goes by the name "Eric"

Why does he even claim to be protty, I'm sure there are a decent number of Irish Catholics in Georgia

He originally moved to Iowa.

>Catholic Southerners

Why is it so disconcerting, /dixie/?

It's like hearing a black person speak Finnish, or a blonde blue-eyed man speaking Spanish

are you from /balt/

My city was founded with three rules
>No Slaves
>No Alcohol
>No Catholics
that said we have a sizable Catholic community, and even a small, but influential Orthodox community.

fuck you I won't do what you tell me
*heavy guitar riffing*

>We don't have blondes in Spain

>Melilla
wew lad, what a place.

I know a fair haired blue eyed Spaniard

I know m80, this place is bollocks

are there many Africans or do they all move to the mainland after they hop the fence

Is it bad? It's a pretty looking town, but whenever I look it up, I see ass tons of articles and pictures of Africans trying to get in.

There are periodic ferries dedicated just to ship them to the peninsula once the CETI (temporal stay center for inmigrants) isn't able to manage the flow, lately a lot of syrians and algerians have been arriving and to be fair subsaharan migrants behave way better than the maghrebies, even better than the legal ones.

>a lot of Syrians
Are they Syrian, or are they """"Syrian""""?
and if they are actually Syrian, are middle-easterners better or worse than Maghrebis?

>not having thanksgiving on the second monday of October

Well that's another one, my mom works as a school teacher with an ugandan from a wealthy family who teaches english and she's required to go to the CETI from time to time to identify by the accent the subsaharan migrants origin country, this applies too to "middle-eaterners" and maghrebis since they might come from a country that accepts deportations.
Since my experiences have been mostly with maghrebis and the bulk of them rather unpleasant, I'd say that the previously mentioned.

>she's required to go to the CETI from time to time to identify by the accent the subsaharan migrants origin country
You know, at first that sounds ridiculous, but the more I think about it, I can't think of any better ways.

It's got his unique charm as I can be at my beach house in Morroco in twenty minutes, there are also fiscal benefits, civil servants earn more and the taxes are lower but these seem not to be enough for people with spanish origin to move here, having this demographic only decreased with the years. What is sure is that in some senses it doesn't feel like Europe at all.

How similar is it to Ceuta?
Also, do you get a lot of immigrants from the EU? I know the English and Irish have a thing for Spain, at least for vacations.

Ceuta used to be Portuguese, and despite having more land they lack and airport so the only ways to get there are either by sea or helicopter, they've got more spaniards too and both Ceuta and Melilla have the highest population density in Spain.
Nope, most end up in the costa del sol (the east coast) or if they defecate money the balearic islands

an airport*

Another insane thing, a morrocan SENATOR who used to live in Mellilla cut off the right arm of this statue , and now it is in a freaking national museum at Rabat

Was there a reason?

muh stolen land, it was the same guy who invaded an empty island just to try and defend it with a sling from the naval ship with guns than hence went. There are legal documents of how the city became spanish, in 1497 the then ruler of those lands agreed to fire a cannon from the top of what then would become the castle, where the cannonball landed would limit the borders

That story reminds me of the Bolivian guy who put a horse's hoof on a map and gave the land to Brazil

Random borders best borders

at least we didn't do this

Oh fug, another thing I forgot, we have the last standing statue of Franco and it is in the god damn entrance of the port for all the newcomers to see, too bad the derps held the flag the wrong way

How is Franco remembered over there?

Better than in the peninsula for what I recall, keep in mind that the civil war started in Melilla as he and the other military chiefs who orchestrated it were serving here

youtube.com/watch?v=cXk9qywB6Kg

shitpost

forgot to save my meme pics on my phone before reseting it

>2017
>not being used as a cocksleeve

> people were praising me last thread
> slept through all of it
I was awake for a grand total of 9 hours yesterday thanks to medicine, it made me sleep for 14 hours
I did listen to a half an hour lecture about animus and anima in jungian phsychology in bed though really intresting stuff
Also im basically the only turk poster my flags sometimes change depending on where im posting
The other turk barely comes around and usually just mocks me

> slept through /dixie/ hours

you're just in time for new /dixie/ hours

are you feeling any better?

I feel worse tbqh
Maybe breakfast soup will help
I need to illustrate blackjack cards, King queen jack and jocker to be exact and I need to draw people/characters on it
Any ideas?

make some potato onion soup

>ideas
art deco style I guess, I'm not sure if that's what it's called

youtu.be/x5_jwdOHm8w

for this past week ive been seeing old dreams that i saw like five years ago

I see the future in my dreams

*Saves thread*

didn't work :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Did work :---DDDDD

good :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

i wanna go louisiana

Where in Louisiana ?

i don't know. what are the best places to go to

time to bake a cake