What the fuck region is Colorado even in and why is it the only good state not in the northeast

What the fuck region is Colorado even in and why is it the only good state not in the northeast

Part of it is in the Midwest (the Great Plains part of the state), part is in "the mountain west," and a chunk is in "the southwest" along with Utah/Arizona.

>What the fuck region is Colorado even in
The Mountain West

Ew, I'm moving near Denver and don't want to be considered midwest

>if it's flat, it's Midwestern
Stop.

t. Canyon nigger

how is pittsburgh, chicago, omaha, and dallas all in the same region?

he's adumbass

Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, and Wisconsin have always been considered part of the North, not west

> Pittsburgh and Chicago
Rust Belt
> Chicago and Omaha
Midwest
> Omaha and Dallas
West

They're not. That was a bad post.

To be honest we should just divide the country like this:
Purple: northeast
Red: lakes
Blue: dumb fucking rednecks (southeast)
Orange: Southwest
Yellow: corn, fucking nothing and more fucking nothing
Brown: So Texas can further feel like special snowflakes
Green: northwest

Posted wrong version of the image

>it the only good state not in the northeast
>this guy doesn't know the Pacific Northwest

It's not bad but it's basically just a watered down northeast.

>watered down northeast
B-but Northwest doesn't have a bad winter.
Winter (with snow) is good for a few days then it just becomes a pain in the neck

>Milder
>Not watered down
???

The Great Plains are a subset of the Midwest.

Midwest is a big region. It's like asking how Whitehorse and Iqaluit can both be part of "the north."

>Winter (with snow) is good for a few days then it just becomes a pain in the neck
Wrong.
That doesn't make Colorado even partially a Midwestern state, and it's the same for PA and TX. Just because there's similar topography over state lines does not mean they're part of the same region.
The Appalachian Mountains in New England aren't in Appalachia.

Oh, and Montana? You fucking kidding me?

The only good states are New England, New York, California, Oregon and Washington

t. foreign Hillary supporter

t. Cletus

Bet you fuck your cousin and call it the war of Northern Aggression.

Have you ever been to eastern Montana? It's part of the plains. It flows seamessly into North Dakota. It is very much Midwestern. The Midwest ends at the Rocky Mountains. That's the most logical boundary.

Pic related is the Colorado-Kansas border. Are you seriously telling us that one side is "the Midwest," but the other side is magically NOT "the Midwest"?

You won't be. It's considered "The Front Range"

Yeah, that's it. Just those.
Never mind the others.

I'm not talking about logical boundaries, autist. Some states are Midwestern, others aren't. Having flat land, bordering Midwestern states, and being landlocked does not make a state Midwestern.
Pic is the Midwest.

Here's a map showing the Midwest/Mountain West boundary in the Denver area.

Regions are not determined by state borders. Some states are in multiple regions. An easy example is California, which is partially southwestern, partially "western," and arguably partially northwestern in the far north.

stop triggering my fucking autism

Yes, they are. The Midwest refers to a geopolitical region within the US. The plains are an eco region mainly within the Midwest and Western states. The Rust Belt is a cultural and economic region mainly in the Midwest and Northeast, centered around the Great Lakes.
Don't you try to teach me about my homeland, boy. And don't fag things up with comparisons to the West Coast; they're apples and really fucking faggoty spic oranges. I'm not going to play some retarded balkanization nerd game with you. The government defines these things, and that's what I'm going with.

You're confusing "the Midwest" as a cultural concept with "the Midwest" as a narrower statistical category created by the US Census department in the 1970's. According to the Census Department, all of Texas is in "the south," including El Paso, the border zone, etc.

Now obviously, NOBODY considers El Paso "the south." Nor should they, because it isn't. That's why state boundaries flat-out don't work when we're talking about regions like "the Midwest."

They may COINCIDE - all of Louisiana is in "the south," for example - but they aren't determined BY state boundaries.

orange = State of Deseret

And you appear to be confusing the Great Plains as synonymous with Midwestern. There are mountainous parts of the Midwest.

The plains are a sub-region within the Midwest. It's as simple as that. Historically and otherwise, the Rockies have been considered a major divider between different regions of the US.

New England isn't a state but otherwise you're correct.

Oh wait no you forgot Alaska. The people there suck ass but the place is gorgeous.

>The Midwest ends at the Rocky Mountains.
No, you fucking retard. The Great Plains is not the same area as the midwest.

>texas is the color of poop
really makes u think

Same color as their skin