Would you still consider hockey as one of America's "big four" sports?

would you still consider hockey as one of America's "big four" sports?

When will this popularity meme die? Who gives a shit. Why does everyone want to be "popular". It's literally half of the banter here, and it's rather sad when you think about it.

What a shitty life if you measure everything in terms of other people.

>McDonald's is the best food
>China is the best country
>soccer is the best sport
>hydrogen is the best element
>the bible is the best book
>islam and christianity must be REALLY good

>panthlels

Because insecurity is one of the biggest factors that drives many chan tards to develop the autistic personas that they have. Without that, what would they be, but emotionless, worthless shitbags?

Yes because although its 4th its still far and away more popular than whoever takes 5th

Absolutely not. It's never been anything other than an "also ran" sport.
Honestly it's better off for it.

Yup, it's probably at #4.

Considering it sells more tickets than basketball I'd say obviously yes

Nope. It's

NFL
powergap
MLB
NBA
powergap
NASCAR
golf
tennis
poker
powergap
furpuck

fuck off we're full

hydrogen IS the best element you fucking casual

yes

>I rate hydrogen

In certain areas it might be as high as #2, even in the US. It obviously depends on where and if the NHL team is winning, and if other teams are losing, but it isn't a complete waste of time meme everywhere like it is in South Florida, Arizona, and Carolina.

no it has been replaced by complaining

based nipps

This doesn't count college football though.

I don't think Europeans understand quite how big that is in your country.

Hockey is a distant fourth. If you include college football, it's a distant fifth.

Supposedly basketball is above hockey, but I've traveled a shit ton around this country and just don't see it.

America's big sports by popularity

College Football
NFL
NBA
MLB
Hockey
Soccer
everything else

Nice try, nigger-collision fan. Try:

MLB
NFL
powergap
NBA
NHL
NASCAR
Golf
Tennis
Poker

Poker would be close to the top circa 2000 or so. It was insanity.

>NBA over MLB

spotted the basketball-american

nba
nfl
cfb
mls

Hockey is too inaccessible to ever crack the top 3 sports. The vast majority of American youth never play hockey because the barrier to entry is too high and most people never had the equipment or parents who were willing to invest in the sport.

>disregards hydrogen’s quality because of its quantity
Pleb

>the best element is the least massive instead of the most

Hockey teams tank, acquire talent, rebuild, and get super competitive in cycles
They'll be fine in a few years, everybody knows they're gonna suck this year and that's ok

Look at the """""""madhouse on Madison"""""" home attendance before kane and toews got drafted

ded wings fan detected

"professional"

>unionically bonding to hydrogen

Not that user, but ISWYGDDT MY SIDES

hockey is entertaining so obviously it shouldn't be in the american """"""""big"""""""" four

I guess I can only speak as a Yankee who lives in one of the snowiest cities in the country, but hockey is big in the north. It only appeals to half the country, but in that half it's fucking huge.

truly a patrician fetish

>calling ice hockey "hockey"

Hockey is older and more popular than ice hockey. Imagine if you created grass basketball and just called it basketball.

>the best element is not the one all others are made of

Go sit in the corner watching uranium decay

>amatuer sports
No one gives a shit

Not in south florida.

Its
>football
>basketball
>baseball
>soccer

>fucking miami
>team sucks ass
>playing another shitty team as opposite geographically as possible and thus having drawing zero interest
cherry pick much?

>MLS

LOL

lold, thats pretty good

People call it that because no one gives a fuck about field hockey. Obviously some retard probably hit a rock with a stick a thousand years ago, but that doesn't mean he invented hockey

no it never was either. amerisoy sports don't flow freely, they stop and start excessively so they can be packed with commercials.

>hockey doesn't start and stop every time a puck is iced or the goalie holds it, hits the netting, faceoffs, etc.

Thats because you probably dont frequent the ghetto in your travels. Outside of the Judge Dredd-like quarantine zones though its roughly even

Wait to use a picture from a fucking Panthers game against the lowly Canucks.

College Football sucks ass. Fucking southerners...

>nba game 48 minutes long
>hockey game 60
>take virtually the same amount of time to complete
>hockey and football 60 mins long
>one takes almost an hour less to complete

Theres not nearly as much

Field Hockey is a women's high school sport here that no one gives a shit about.

I know. The stoppages are shorter too. Because most of it is just people skating back to where the faceoff is.

its possible for a hokkei game to flow for over 5 minutes without a stop. nhl only has 3 designated commercial breaks each period, and playoff overtime has no commercial break. nfl/nba is an over bloated infomercial.

tbqh I honestly just wanted to bump the thread.

It one of the big 4 leagues, not one of the big 4 sports.

What never gets mentioned is that hockey fans on average make more money and spend more than basketball or football fans do on merchandise. So supporting a league without massive national support isn't a huge issue. Same thing with baseball

>Not in south florida.

Publix is garbage

It is the fourth but it’s a distant. Football and Baseball are the top two, with basketball a distant third and hockey a much more distant fourth. The weird thing is that’s it’s incredibly regional. There’s large swaths of the West and south where hockey is completely invisible. It’s really only popularity is in the northeast and Midwest with a healthy following in the northwest. However in certain parts of the Midwest and northeast hockey is more popular than basketball. You’re perspective on this could change drastically depending on where in the country you are.

maybe for now. its the league getting replaced by mlels soon as burger interest in sawker continues to grow.

Trips confirm.

>300 teams
>many lose money
>dont pay the athletes
ehhhh

>The vast majority of niggers never play hockey because they never had parents

FTFY and that is why hockey is great...

>yfw you realize the Japanese put more money in baseball than the Mexicans do in soccer

>He thinks North Americans (who don't go to Duke or have names like Collin Tharnsworth IV) give a hot shit about field hockey

>Soccer
>Litterally poverty tier
HAHAHAHAHA

The real question is, now that disney owns all of sports and entertainment including a bunch of hockey, will they they continue to try to kill the NHL, or will they acknowledge it again

>t. Somebody who doesn't live in the South

My city in South Carolina has two minor league teams; one in baseball and one in hockey. The hockey team here is probably the most popular things in town.

The ECHL is the GOAT minor league hockey league and happens to have a lot of Southern teams. Coincidence? I think not.

How old is this image? MLS gets higher attendance than Ligue 1, Eredivisie, and is basically even with Serie A

what does that have to do with revenue? mlels tickets are practically given away for nothing.

>Tampa

Lol it's usually faggy people from st pete that goes to lighting matches. Nobody gives a fuck about hockey around here, and they are supposed to be really good. This is real madrid/barcelona territory.