What's the easiest way to see obscure films?

What's the easiest way to see obscure films?
I cannot find many art and foreign films on torrent sites (Bela Tarr for example). I have heard of private trackers, but I have no idea where to start.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCsp_sG326DVPOjnXl9KFJhg
cinemageddon.net/chat.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You don't have to be autistic to succeed at private trackers, but it helps.

Pay $11/mo for Filmstruck w/ the Criterion Channel, more than worth it. Many films have supplemental material, commentary, etc. It's figuratively like film school.

Hey OP, why not go to local art house and second-run theatres? You'll meet others who LOVE film, it doesn't cost too much, and you're guaranteed to have a GREAT time.

You can find 99% of films you want on public trackers, and Bela Tarr is not that obscure.

Piratebay, rarbg, extratorrent, rutracker, partis. Try on all these sites.

There are no local art house and second-run theatres, I live in a small town.
Thank you, but most of Criterion's collection can be found on standard torrent sites (like the greats of art house, Tarkovsky, Bergman, Bunuel and so on), but when you look for more recent works or less influential works by the directors I've mentioned, like early Kurosawa or early Bela Tarr, Criterion doesn't offer it and even the art house cinema in the capital of my country doesn't have such films.
Thanks.

KG
but its probably one of the more difficult trackers to survive on

Which town do you live in? I would like to verify your claim.

Dude, I know my local scene. I'm from some shithole in eastern Europe, you'll have to trust me.

brate ne seri i reci koji grad

How do you get into it? And how difficult is it? How many hours per week of work?

Celje

I'd say get a KG account, but right now the likelihood of you getting an invite is as likely as forcing a fully grown adult pig up a kittens asshole.

I lucked into mine a few years ago when they weren't so rare. Feels pretty good.

Koliko znam ima u Ljubljani, ali nije baš najčešće.

U Zagrebu ima Kino Europa i Kino Tuškanac, često razni arthouse, trenutno cijela filmografija od Tarkovskog se pušta, svaki tjedan jedan film.

Its invite only, but thats not the difficult part. It's a slow moving tracker that mainly focuses on obscure classics and art house films. The average torrent has >5 seeders, and the tracker has no bonus point accruement system. You get download data only by uploading or seeding, so most accounts never get past the probation period. Last guy I invited had to wait for a year before he had enough download data to begin downloading films he wanted.
Its an amazing tracker though, the community there is great, with members who sub the most obscure films imaginable. I'd give you an invite if I had any left.

I want an invite to a private tracker but since what.cd got shutdown in December I have nothing to barter with.

Da, u Ljubljani ima Kinoteka, ali nimajo Bela Tarr.
So I should buy the films physically? Or is there any streaming service that has all those movies?

Just first list me one or two films which you are looking for and can't find anywhere.

Buy Criterion blu rays or subscribe to Filmstruck. True film fans don't torrent.

Damnation by Bela Tarr or basically any of his work that isn't Satantango, W. Harmonies or Turin horse.

A lot of the times finding a film isn't a problem, finding one in high quality is.
And I can't stand watching a film in 480p.

Try to get a CG account. They don't have as many obscure high art films as KG does, but they still have a ridiculously large library of obscure films (including serious art films, even though they specialize in obscure schlock and oddities). I got my CG account from an invite (I would give you one if I had any), but I think the staff tends to let people in if you ask them in their IRC and draw something funny they ask you to draw.

Also, there's this channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCsp_sG326DVPOjnXl9KFJhg

True film fans also tend to be people who don't have 30€ to pay for a bluray of a film whose director is long dead.
I'd also like to watch Herzog's entire filmography and many films can't be found online.

I have Damnation on DVD, but I don't think a Blu Ray version exists. My DVD, while unremastered, looks great, though.

>tfw have a KG account and worked on my ratio for ages until it was great

made it 2 da top

FilmStruck is probably the easiest way.

How does one connect to an IRC chat? I've tried and ended up installing shit on my computer that didn't work.

I think a box with Herzog's filmography was just released.

Get a job chump.

CG invites are closed and have been for months now. They've promised to open them again when the site is back to normal, but getting it there is going slowly so don't expect it any time soon.

They have a web based client:
cinemageddon.net/chat.php

I'm 19

There is no blu ray of Damnation available, only DVD and that version is on most public trackers.

Thank you. What must I do inside this client? I mean, who can I message, since no one replies if I just type in the bottom box and there are loads of instructions. It also forbids asking for invites, which is kinda my purpose, so... a little help please?

I had a job when I was 19.

Best thing about the freeleech, your ratio looks like a shining diamond by the end of it

holy fuck that channel is a patrician goldmine, thank you user

Oh, it's the guy who uploaded the rare Godard short he got from KG.

>holy fuck that channel is a patrician goldmine, thank you user

?

there are only a handful of uploads there and they are pretty whatever. goldmine? what?

What does KG have that PTP doesn't?

It is literally one of the most patrician places on the whole internet. You have no idea.

OP is a fucking prevaricator and I, for one, refuse to share my knowledge with the likes of him.

Yeah so apparently it's closed now. Sorry.

There's some really good shit on there that's usually only available on KG.

I will paypal someone $20 for a KG invite right now

Lol that guy posted my rip of a Duras film

I understand but wouldn't most stuff from KG be cross upload to PTP or AHD?

Nope.

KG is a whole different level of community, apparently. I don't think a lot of KG members even bother with PTP and the like.

These are weirdo super hermits who upload shit so unbelievably rare and obscure it's like patrician manna from heaven.

How did you get a Duras film?

What I like about CG is that it's like a giant party. Best community on the net.

Bought it.

VHS? Bootleg?

Might join, they've got an invite recruitment thread on BTN.

Jesus dude just stop it, a lot of stuff from KG comes from CG and Cinematik, and also look at the most popular torrents in the site, not quite obscure are they?

i love KG and it's a great site but stop acting like a retard about it.

turin horse is available everywhere in good quality (720 as I recall)

werckmeister too, although bad quality

VHS, posted it on a closed forum with about 20 people, a woman in there I think was the one who sent it to that YouTube guy.

>won't let me enrage the locals in peace and needs to be a no-nonsense stick in the mud about everything all the time

Nothing gets past you m8 way2go.

what kind of forum

bump