Is the X-Men cartoon the reason the first X-Men movie was such a hit?

youtube.com/watch?v=sAkL2-vh2Sk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T4Oasn5EUac
youtube.com/watch?v=pBFH2dJ-nqk
youtu.be/R7cRetaY-F8
youtube.com/watch?v=2rSw4Xl5qfs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why didn't DOAOAFP rip this theme off? I thought everyone loved meta jokes and nostalgia

Oh man the soundtrack, pure nostalgia.
First movie was probably just to establish the Xmen brand to non cartoon people and test if a live action movie is viable. Were there any good comic movies in 2000 around?

2004 had The Punisher which I always liked.

First X-Men movie isn't particularly good, lets be honest, so you could be right.

idk why but I always liked Jubilee in this series. 11 year old me was psyched for the first men movies so I could see Jubilee in live action and they totally ignored her character

> american xmen
wasting your time m8

youtube.com/watch?v=T4Oasn5EUac

Jubilee was just an Asian Kitty Pryde clone.

Sort of, it was 8 years later, but the cartoon certainly raised their visibility and market viability. It was fucking HUGE to see them make the transition from page to tv as a kid.

My friends and I thought Wolverine had laser claws after the first teaser commercial.

It might have had some to do with it, but I think the movie's success was that it wasn't as campy or poorly produced as a lot of previous capeshit attempt.

As a movie it's thoroughly "Just OK" but it seems much better when compared to say the last two Batman movies or the Fantastic Four.

The X-Men cartoon is the reason most people care/know about the X-Men period.

youtube.com/watch?v=pBFH2dJ-nqk

the fuck, i didnt even know this existed thanks mane

youtu.be/R7cRetaY-F8

>DOAOAFP
I think you mean Dazzler, mate.

The animated series wouldn't have been made if it wasn't for the massive success of X-Men #1 which sold over 8 million copies in 1991.

Blade in 98

This cover art is hot as fuck.

white pigs, are you even trying?
youtube.com/watch?v=2rSw4Xl5qfs

Pretty much; the cartoon was on while I was a kid getting ready for school
It's the only reason I knew about the X-men. Never got in to comics, but remember being pretty hyped when I heard about the film, and it was purely because of nostalgia for the cartoon.

This. A whole generation of 90s kids grew up watching the show and were hyped to see the live action movie and as a kid I actually thought it was pretty good

the issue had 5 different covers