Why do you guys hate this show so much?

why do you guys hate this show so much?

Real answer: Writing took a nosedive after the second season.
Sup Forums answer: I hate women.

talented people working on it (tim minear, james wong) but it still stays shit because of ryan murphy.
the endings are always unsatisfying
it has a lot of potential and it always lets you down

to me it's probably 2>1>6>4=5>while I enjoy the show, I agree that its endings are often a little weak.

The first season was the only good one. I'm not sure why people love Asylum

1,2,4 were good
3 was ok but not great
5 was ruined because I hate lady gaga
haven't seen 6

i like it because im a faggot

the only thing about season 2 I kind of disliked was the alien story line. I thought the rest was pretty interesting and I liked lana's character

my favorite thing about season 1 were tate and violet

it's ok, user, I like it too. let's be faggots together... hehe get it... faggots together because we're both men and we could... nvm

since every season is its own miniseries it's kinda hit and miss. there were some seasons I simply couldn't get into, like the latest one.

also the writing has been consistently getting worse.

It's for girls and gays

why?

6 was meta as fuck

go on...

season 1 was kind of alright but mostly didn't really deliver, season 2 was legit great, season 3 was almost irredeemably shit but taissa farmiga was pretty great, season 4 killed off the only interesting plot line so early (the clown) so it was shit and season 5 I got 2 episodes in and bailed. I heard season 6 is supposed to be alight but there's so many better things to watch it's deep in the backlog.

Is this show scary? Like does it have jump scares and all that shit? I can stand gore and stuff but I hate jump scares. I watched one episode of the Hotel season and it was really good but idk if I should watch the rest...

Is there a recent horror series that is actually good?

Stranger things and hannibal are the only ones I can think of, I've heard good things about channel zero too but never seen it

I heard Outcast is okay.

Not really.

It never delivers on its plotlines either, so don't bother watching it. It's not good at being a thriller, horror, mystery or drama.

w-well we could... watch the show together since we both like it... and do other things together while watching it, user

>American HORROR Story
>nothing scary ever happens

I don't think it's very scary, it definitive has some creepy moments, but I feel like it relies more on shocking its audience, sometimes simply with extremely disgusting, disturbing or violent stuff and nothing else. even though the endings are a little weak, I still believe the show can be enjoyable, so if I was you, user, I would give it a try. I enjoyed season 5 because I am a true crime fanatic and I enjoyed the numerous references to real life serial killers and such.

that sounds like fun user!

Because every season starts off spooky and interesting for the first two episode but then you realize that the writers literally cannot plan more than one episode ahead and just ramble from scene to scene until nothing makes sense and you realize you don't even care anymore about the answers

Kind of like what plebs think lost is

r-really...?! well... you wanna come over then, user? I'll be waiting for you...

>The American Horror Story thread devolved into two gay guys roleplaying
Wow who would have seen that coming

This, although Asylum ups the kino the entire setting and the characters just bored the shit out of me, it was all over the place with the demons and aliens stuff. I dropped it about 6 episodes in.

The first one was the most enjoyable for me, but I sat through all of Coven before giving it up for good.

I wanna fuck all the girls in this show.

what about jessica lange?

yes, absolute mommykino

>sat through all of Coven

I absolutely loved Murderhouse and Asylum, but only made it through like 2 episodes of Coven and I've never looked back on the series. I can't believe how bad the drop in quality was.

I hated coven with passion, but liked all the other seasons

Jessica Lange in 1976 King Kong was probably the pinnacle of female perfection. Those fucking legs...jesus.

The only thing the show did was introduce Jessica Lange back into the mainstream. That and both Peter Evans and Sarah Paulson were also pretty good

I dropped it mid season 3 because I noticed it was getting TWD'd.

>Peter Evans

I can hear tumblr self-destructing

I'm gay and I hate this show.

Season 4 was basically the plot arc of the Sonichu comic.

Asylum had two great plots (possessed nunfu and disgraced asylum director) that are memorable. Everything else is kinda ok, but it had two retarded plots, blood face and ayy lmaos.

Halfway through Coven, it became clear that Murphy stopped giving a shit. He just wants to make shock value camp and doesn't care if it makes any sense at the end.

Roanoke was a surprising improvement until the finale ruined it.

didn't you like the guy with the mommy complex suckin on titties?

>Season 4 was basically the plot arc of the Sonichu comic.

I didn't like that it was the present-time endgame

Seriously.

>creepy old women runs a freak show/creepy aging man creates a comic about chimera freaks
>both are obsessed with fame and fortune
>both are frankly more interesting people than the titular concepts of their series
>both do get fame but it makes them unhappy
>freaks are basically forgotten by their owners
>both either die in a blowout death or are well on their way to doing so

Ryan Murphy is a bad writer, not unlike Chris.

To me it seems almost every season goes on 5 episodes too long. Like almost every 'mystery' is worked out and the climax seems to be near then there's just another 5 hours of filler.

I don't dislike it but sometimes it gets a bit edgy. It starts off fine but it loses me towards the end of the season. That has happened every season since 2.

dude hotel was fucking kino.

(You)??

I think it can be reasonably argued that Hotel was even worse than Coven.

nothing was worse than coven

Coven had cute girls.