I don't get this series

I don't get this series.

It shows the Nazis are sort of the good guys, Hitler understands peace and Himmler even gets wise at parts of it.

I know right? 6 million Jews died.

And 22 million Russians. Who cares?

the true bad guys are the japs
the nazis are more or less like americans once they have stamped out the jews or kicked them to the west coast

operation paperclip meant the post war US was identical in most ways to the world the third reich was going to build

Really? That's surprising. I'm pretty sure the Nazis are portrayed as the bad guys in the book it's based on. Like the holocaust actually happened in the book and everything.

Never forget the 6 trillion

Oy it's six gorrilion now you fucking anti Semite

how did germany conquer the US in this series?

They got nukes first I think

One trian of thought is, the holocaust happended because Germans were unable to ship the Jews somewhere else. And since the war went bad for the Nazis they used them as slave labor to make up for lost manpower.

Also many camps had high causalities because food and supplies got destroyed from allied raiding.

This series assumed the Nazis did well so there was no need to kill Jews.

Hmm, interesting. So is the show worth watching? Is it different enough from the book to present a fresh new story, or is it a good enough and faithful enough adaptation that it's worth a watch for any fan of the book.

It goes from very exciting to really boring.

They nuked DC

the nazis are only portrayed as the 'good guys' if you have an infantile understanding of the conflicts and themes portrayed in the show and have to see every thing in binary or you are a wehraboo. in the show the old generation is giving way to the younger post-war generation mirroring the counter-culture movement the US experienced. both the greater reich and empire are still oppressive and heinous shit still goes on but in order for the show to have depth you can't have everyone acting like mustache twirling villains like oscar dirlewanger 100% of the time.

Pretty realistic desu

>tfw the show is too subtle so the biased nazi sympathizers of Sup Forums can't see that they are still bad

>le it was all a ruse man

what did he mean by this?

>henious shit
Like what?

gassing franks family which assumed to commonplace if they discover jews that managed to avoid the camps and the immediate post-war. the empire also uses it as blackmail against jews in their territory. the entire plotline about smiths kid being euthanized because he has a congenital disease. the burning of infirm and mentally in s1. heydrich reminiscing about the post-war genocides of tribes in africa and south america.

did you even watch the show?

>henious shit
Like what?

So you're saying they're not the bad guys?

don't ever fucking reply to me ever again

most of the retarded little faggots that post here wouldn't even know what that is user.

those are all pretty mundane things for governments to do though

like you cite euthanizing a kid because of a heart condition but americans euthanize millions of babies regularly for less and they're still the good guys

Dont' reply to me or my wife's son again!

There is zero fun in this show, it's such shit. I can't believed I watched a whole season. The most remarkable thing is that Fooking Legend is in this playing a comically villainous meme character. I can't tell if it was a joke or not.

Only shitholes allow the government to have any say whatsoever in sexual reproduction. America doesn't, because, reminder, America is the greatest country currently existing as well as the greatest country yet in history.

>60%

the first season was really boring and yeah i have no fucking idea what they had in mind with that character

thankfully the second season makes it all worth it. the writing remains dogshit but far more entertaining to watch

I watched the first episode. Not sure how I feel desu. Does the girl ever take her top off? She looks like the chick from Rogue Nation desu.

The series doen't portray the Nazis as good guys, it just portrays them as normal people and not some msutache-twirling villains like every other fucking media does.

>and not some msutache-twirling villains like every other fucking media does.
Basically this.

Perceptions and believes change with the times. If the Nazis had one the war they would not have been vilified like they were.

i havent seen the show but iirc in the book roosevelt was successfully assassinated, which happened irl but he survived. this led to the US not getting out of the depression as quickly, some political instability, a more isolationist policy which meant no support for Europe and that led to Britain eventually surrendering.