Is there anyone left you can actually """"idolize"""" in the industry anymore...

Is there anyone left you can actually """"idolize"""" in the industry anymore? everyone who made an effort to be all they can be are old or gone. everyone nowadays is just stepping on eggshells trying to stay relevant yet safe from online lynchings. who is the modern day arnold that young guys can aspire to be like?

Trump (not in the physique sense obviously )

Is there anyone young like Eastwood or viggo?

Keanu
Brit Marling
Goose
Based Mel
Isabelle Huppert
Chris Pratt

literally the rock

>dat small bluge
HaHaHaHa

It's only small in comparison to his size. Looks pretty average. Trust me, nobody's gonna care if your dick is average if you have all that other stuff going on.

Literally sums up the situation.

duvall

What's eating Keanu?

>openly called blacks inferior
>hated native Americans
>household name for the next 100 years at least

have to agree, him (dwayne 'the rock' johnson) and Hugh Jackman are all i look up to when going to the gym.
everyone else just seems fake or half asses everything.

Eternal existence.

Is Brit Marling's stuff actually good? I liked The East, that's all I know from her.

everything she makes is good

Jackman can get a great physique when he wants to, and he seems like a really nice and cool guy, I like some of his inspirational stuff, but he has two major strikes against him:

1. He's a closet case

and

2. He's a cuck for gigantic franchise movies that are destroying the industry and all these astroturged viral marketing.

The Rock is probably the closest, but it is the PC- Disneyfied version of being an action star, and the fact he lies about being on gear so blatantly annoys me. He's also into collaborating with Lin-Manuel Miranda, ugh...

I wish The Rock did more "serious" action movies. I don't mean like social issues shit, I mean shit like "Die Hard" or "Predator" or "The Terminator". I think a lot of the stuff The Rock does is with a wink.

He has a great body, but he has yet to make a truly great action movie. Arnold had lots of greats.

I'd say McConaughey is probably up there, even though his filmography is getting spotty again. I love that Matt's into Og Mandino.

Is that you Brit? Please be my mentally ill gf.

>>dat small bluge
>HaHaHaHa
Yet, he still got more pussy than you.

I wish The Rock did more "serious" action movies. I don't mean like social issues shit, I mean shit like "Die Hard" or "Predator" or "The Terminator". I think a lot of the stuff The Rock does is with a wink.

A big help would be a single successful R rated movie.

a challenger appears

These guys get dehydrated as fuck on stage, my dude. All the blood is being pumped towards their muscles, they're flexing something at all times.

I like that Chris Pratt is a Christian, a Republican, and a hunter, but he's Reddit: The Person, and he makes incredibly stupid movies.

>I like that Chris Pratt is a Christian, a Republican, and a hunter, but he's Reddit: The Person, and he makes incredibly stupid movies.
nobody's perfect

Vin Diesel

Do trash shit so you can get the money for projects you want to do and never be embarassed about your hobbies

The Goose maybe?

Yeah, but at some point I have to disregard his good qualities as a private person and judge him on the public persona and work that he hoists on us.

Jurassic World is unforgivable.

this

Every second guy in Hollywood has an amazing physique now, when it's called for.

I was watching some old Stallone and Arnie films a couple of weeks ago. There's something else there.

Real charisma. The films really sit back and just let them do their thing, for the most part. Stuff like Red Heat or Raw Deal. Straight forward Arnie being Arnie.

Dear god, what kind of upper baddy to legs proportions are those?

>Jurassic World is unforgivable.
you sound miserable

There is a horrible generic quality to stars today.

James Cagney could be the most popular star in the 1930s. In the 40s John Wayne became really popular. In the 50s stars became more generic but you still got people like Burt Lancaster. 60s, you had fucking Dustin Hoffman and Charles Bronson.

Even Brad Pitt was great in the 90s, he was both handsome and great at dark comedy roles like in 12 Monkeys.

Jackman is not really an action star. I think that's kind of the problem. He's a classically trained musical theater actor, so he can pull it off no problems, has the charisma and obviously when he wants the body - But he's Hugh Jackman as Wolverine in an X-Men movie. You don't go to see a Hugh Jackman action movie.

The Rock definitely should have replaced Arnold. I guess he kind of has. He's now the highest paid actor in the world.

Sean William Scott should have had a better action career.

Jason Statham has an actual action career, but I just don't think he's very good.

Has the look though.

>Is there anyone left you can actually """"idolize"""" in the industry anymore?
Mark Ruffalo for standing up to injustice and giving voice to the voiceless.

>Is there anyone left you can actually """"idolize"""" in the industry anymore?
Mel Gibson?
>persona non grata for how long?
>still one of the best directors/actors out there

Arnie LITERALLY passed the action baton to The Rock, in Welcome to the Jungle. But then he skipped straight to the Kindergarten Cop part of his career.

Yeah, I noticed a huge part of the Arnie and Stallone films from back then is that they were almost 180 degrees away from stars now.

They worked as "STALLONE" or "SCHWARZENEGGER" movies, rather than a super hero movie with a generic, perfect looking human specimen in the lead role.

Yeah, precisely.

He's making stuff like Baywatch. He never had the Terminator 2/Total Recall period.

He had his Raw Deal/Red Sonja period, skipped the action blockbuster and then A list mainstream Twins star roles and went straight into the Junior period, basically.

I need your boots, clothes and motorcycle.

Was probably cold as fuck in that venue. Bulge seems a little more respectable here in The Long Goodbye. Also he's flaccid regardless.

what makes you think he's gay? the old wife?

Not the guy you're asking but his little pretty fuck boy of a publicist / agent lives with him and his very unattractive, old, overweight wife.

Hercules was going to be Rock's Conan

Brett Ratner you fucking hack, I'm still mad

It's an open secret, my dude.

And he got a great body for it, too. Fuck it, they should've gotten John Milius or Walter Hill to do it.

Pain & Gain was a great R-rated movie, not action, but the humor is amazing, and Michael Bay's direction just makes it seem like a lot of action is going on

>not in the physique

Trump is the #ChadMindset, if you could combine that with a great body and acting ability you'd have a star.

or at least inspire yourself to have arnold's body, trump's winning mentality, and goose's style.

He was the best part of that, imho. I loved The Rundown/Welcome to the Jungle, but he never really stayed in that "lower budget, ridiculous action" zone long enough. That scene where he's fighting all the little Guadalupean dudes on the vines is fucking great. Walking Tall and even Doom were alright, for what they were.

Now he's made Central Intelligence, which was horrible, San Andreas, which is apparently completely forgettable, Hercules, which was pretty fucking meh, and now Baywatch, which I mean wtf?

I want him to make some real action movies, but he's making serious bank so why would he bother, you know?

Yeah, he's also got that football show on HBO if that's still running.

i know that feel

idolization can't happen in an information rich environment

like you know the rock and and even ahnold roided or milked 3rd world babies for HGH. You can learn everything about the figures in a few clicks. That level of information makes anyone impossible to idolize.

desu I'm really disappointed in Arnold, his shit career as a Guvnor, his cucking for Kasich, and cheating on his wife. I'll just pretend like he died after The 6th Day and his corpse got resurrected by Jew magic for Escape Plan.

This. No one has a fucking personality anymore. No one could play the Terminator or Schaefer or Conan or whatever the way Arnold did. No one could play Rocky or Rambo the way Stallone did. Roles are so fucking generic now. I also can't remember the last big budget non-ironic straight up R rated action flick I've seen. John Wick maybe? Hollywood has really shied away from testosterone fueled, heavily masculine films that aren't politically incorrect per se, but are unconcerned with trying to be pc.

They need simple ideas. Like that gay tv show about "Designated Survivor", that could work great as an Action movie. Get some terrorists to blow up Congress, bam, they are after the reluctant president for the nuclear codes. That would require making Muslims the bad guys though If only it were the 90s and Harrison Ford could still play the president too.

>idolizing people who play pretend for money

Kill yourself.

Trump is too insecure to be a true Chad. He runs his mouth like a bitch and acts like the faggot queen who hung out with the drama club and talked about the cheerleaders in high school. He's smarmy, he's an entitled egomaniac, he's the rich kid who had to bribe people to hang out with him.

I laugh my shaft off every time someone mistakes Trump for an alpha male. Without money no one would give a fuck what he did, which is not the mark of an alpha.

Idolising someone is the feeling furthest away from understanding said person.

It's because there's far less shared culture

Technology has enabled way, way more people to enter the market

Back in the day you had a couple of TV channels, going to the cinemas was a bigger thing and there was less movies to see.

not really fair, it was a different time. If Arnold was coming onto the scene in the current year like he did decades ago, he'd just be shittalked all day about roiding