> John Goodman
> Toby Kebbell
> Shea Whigham
> Eugene Cordero
> Corey Hawkins
> Thomas Mann
> Marc Evan Jackson
> Richard Jenkins

Literally how did they fuck this up? The cast is great and yet none of them have fucking anything to do bar Jackson and C. Riley. Visuals are nice at least, but even the death scenes and horror/creature aspects were boring as fuck.

It was fine, the deaths were great. You have autism blended with shit taste. Thats all.

>king kong shows up
>it ain't me start playing

>tfw I was the only one laughing when that dude tried sacrificing himself with the grenades to kill a lizard and he got BTFO
was that meant to be a heartbreaking moment or something?

They played it up like it was heart breaking for some fucking weird reason. It was meant to subvert your expectations.

>Be excited when I hear John C Reilly say that there's a BIG ONE
>mfw the big one reveal

> Samuel L. Jackson. Okay death considering context.
>John Goodman. Boring, not shocking death scene after his character was built up and did shit all.
>Toby Kebbell. Pointless, didn't even see it. Waste of the actor.
>Shea Whigham. Okay but they tried to play it straight and it didn't work.
> Marc Evan Jackson. Literally has two fucking lines. Then just gets squashed.

Movie was fine, but I think it suffers from not having a clear main protagonist.

Fucking this.
>Big one just randomly shows up with little build up.
>They have a random fight which feels like just another action scene.
>Film ends.

However Kong's entrance was more satisfying. Immersion ruined slightly by the incompetent helicopter pilots.

I kinda wish we hadn't seen him in C. Rileys opening flash back because of this.

How were they incompetent? They lasted about as long as I thought they would

>Samuel L. Jackson
>how did they fuck this up
Maybe they could have invested in actors instead of fucking memes.

>See chopper(s) get owned by a giant gorilla
>Lets not keep our distance

Even if you think Jackson is a meme, the rest of the actors on the list a clear proof they fucked up.

1. "What if we remade King Kong AGAIN but just filled it with Apocalypse Now references and homages?"

2. "What if we hire a director whose only made garbage films to direct it?"

3. "Dude, dude, have you seen that Steve Brule show thing? Dude, dude, it's fucking awesome. We should put that in the movie, because, lol dude, fucking why not?"

This movie has no reason to exist. If it's even halfway watchable it's won an uphill battle.

You have a pissed off giant gorilla that can cover more distance running than your 1970s helicopter

They didn't fuck it up. It was awesome.

Reminder that good actors make shitty performance in shitty movies all year round. There are too many of them and no one bothers to watch them

>impaled through the mouth by giant spider
>torn limb from limb by Leafwings
>Kong tears the giant Skull Crawler's intestines out through its mouth
>implying

>Kings of Summer
>Garbage

okay kiddo

Yes. That's what I said.

>Marvel Fan boys and Disney cucks believe this.

I found the movie refreshing.

Dude. You haven't even thought about the possibility of sequels and spinoffs!

>Fly right up to Kong
>Flying into each other and shooting each other

I got a bad feeling about this but it's meta and sometimes quirky: the movie. Some of the dialogue was always sunny lethal weapon tier.

Nothing more refreshing than a feature length homage to a movie that has been referenced more times than can be counted.

Call it "Kongs" and have it be about a band of tough futuristic marines who are over confident and have to get their mission completed by a scarred but now resilient and tough Brie Larson.

She could even find a cute orphan and it could be the kid from Room because, dude, how cool was that movie?

Could shoot it all in the style of Blade Runner, because that movie is SICK.

We'll get the director of whatever barely watchable garbage played at Sundance last year. Why not the dude who made All Them Bodies Saints?

t. successful hollywood producer
Seriously this and the trailers just made me angry. Everything made in Hollywood nowadays is a sequel or a remake. Can someone tell me why feel the need to remake a classic like blade runner?

This movie taught me Brie Larson has nice big tits. For that reason alone in glad my friend dragged me into this silly movie.

Kek, indeed, I never knew either. They were glorious in this.

I thought it was pretty good. Way fucking better than that Peter Jackson shit from like 12 Years ago.

Pleb. Peter Jackson's was action kino, had well written characters, and didn't rely on tired action tropes and comic relief

This

I can actually rewatch this one and still have a good time rather than fall alseep

>had well written characters

The characters were awful, Jackson just got an excellent cast to try and cover that up.

Nah, Jack Black was good but the rest were bland as fuck. That movie was boring garbage.

John c Reilly was in the thin red line.

It was tragic. Whether you laugh or cry is up to you but either seems appropriate to me. Similar to how Sam Jackson ended up, you could call him a villain but his story is more tragedy than anything.

>mfw they missed out on exploring john c. reilly's racist side when meeting sam jackson's character
>huh niggers can hold high ranking positions in the army now?
>guess it has been a long time indeed

It was pretty obvious that he was pissed the war ended and just wanted an excuse to have an enemy to kill. Justifiably, avenging the men you lost is noble and a good motivation, but he was using that simply as an excuse to kill and wage war and didn't really care. Tragic for his troops, but he was a psycho.

Yeah he was justifying warmongering, but as you say he was trying to make all the death of the war mean something. That what makes it tragic, you can't really say his intentions were completely unjust, he was just too far gone.

I mean, given that he was trapped on an uncharted island for decades with polynesians and a jap, I think it's safe to say he doesn't give a shit about race at this point.

I could see him noting the integrated group of soldiers though.

>Hey, aren't you coloured guys supposed to be in separate squads? No? Did we stop doing that or something?

It didn't feel like a movie. It was more like an VFX reel with some unfunny jokes sprinkled in. Exactly like Suicide Squad did.

I understand you having a problem with it being yet another franchise starter, and having a director you don't like, but at least watch the movie before you assume it's not worth existing. If you did, you would know that John C Reilly is actually the saving grace of the film and gives a great performance.

I think that was a troll moment. It started off as emotional, but then the monster said "Fuck that!" and brushed away the cliche sacrifice. When they guy exploded, I laughed too.

I wouldn't said it was random. It was summoned like all the smaller ones: seismic bombs.

Some of the choppers downed were acceptable. Some got trees thrown at from outta nowhere. Some got jumped at by Kong. But after the first few choppers, everyone else should have immediately went up, up and away.

I'm really liking this "Pretend King Kong 2005 wasn't a boring sleep aid of a movie" meme

>deaths were great

Eh. I was thrown off my Lando getting picked up out of nowhere and torn apart by the pteranodons.

Not a meme. I genuinely think it's a superior movie. It was longer than it should've but I didn't find it boring when I was like 11 and I definitely don't find it boring now. You're probably just a fast paced narrative junkie, like most American consumers of entertainment, who didn't expect a purposefully slow paced action film.

>The cast is great
lol

>the deaths were great
>Goodman dies but his nig assistant and the chink lady who barely did jackshit survived
>AK47 soldier died in a forced death despite having more personality than the two protagonists
>Chapman's death
WRONG CHARACTERS DIED

Jackson was the second best actor in the movie other than John C Riley.

Why even include John Goodman in the movie? He was barely in it after the helicopters took off.

Then he died a pointless death without doing anything.

THIS SO MUCH.

I enjoyed the movie but I seriously thought Goodman's death was so pointless. Like he survived Godzilla's attack on the battleship during WWII, which kick started Monarch in the first place and the atomic program, so his character actually held weight to the point of Monarch and figuring out the monster situation

Someone spoiled the movie weeks ago and the first thing I said was that all the decent characters died in stupid ways and everyone said I was stupid. Glad to see you fucking plebes have all come to your senses.

Yeah pretty much this dude.

Either he should have been the main character. Or it should've focused on Jackson vs C. Riley with the army kid as the caught in the middle character.

No in all honesty (You)

I agree. And I think it should have focused on Goodman's character.

>Jordan Vogt-Roberts
found the problem

No, this was legitimately a bad film. 2005 Kong was at least competent.

Name one memorable moment in the 2005 Kong that wasn't the giant insects scene.

>Thomas Mann
He is still alive and now does films!?

Is it weird that I was attracted to him?

He is kinda sexy

running dinosaurs

Now, in all honestly, memes aside, until I saw this thread I had no idea there was an actor named Thomas Mann

Kong v rex becoming kong v 3rex
Savages wrecking shit
Savages pole vaulting onto ship
The ps2 game
Crocodile things
Carl Denham
Kong on ice

Are you really so young you don't know John C Reilly did a lot of serious roles until around the early 2000s?

>Thomas Mann
I didn't even know he was acting or still alive desu.

Same here