X-MEN Producer: Future Projects Will Move Beyond Professor X And Magneto's Relationship

>"We cannot, once again, explore the Erik/Charles dynamic," X-Men franchise producer Lauren Shuler Donner told Vanity Fair. She said that while the shift is "both liberating and makes me nervous," for her "it's mostly liberating."

ign.com/articles/2017/03/03/x-men-producer-future-projects-will-move-beyond-professor-x-and-magnetos-relationship

Good.

Apocalypse kind of ruined it anyway when it showed them chumming it up at the end after everything that happened.

Magneto is supposed to be a villain ,a foil to xavier anyways, them trying to make Magneto sympathetic and also having be one of hte main protagonists worked for one movie but it got tiring after 3.

We still dont have a movie about Xavier training young mutants without Magneto, every single X-men film had Magneto as a villain or a reluctnant ally

now recast jean and it might actually have a chance at being good

Just give it to the MCU.

No

goodbye old friend

finally. this was always the worst part. now we can get a solo halle berry storm movie

What are the odds they scrap this altogether and start planning a complete reboot

When either Mckellen or Stewart dies.

But that would also mean no more Dafne

this wouldn't be shocking since it's pretty obvious JLaw and Fassbender want out and the royal fuck up of casting Sophie Turner, and of course Jackman, Stewart and McKellan likely not returning either.

They should try to keep Dafne in it though, not sure how they'd make that work though without another time travel plot device.

What did they mean?

there's already like 5 x-men movies and another tv series in preproduction

gross

I can't go back to older X-Men movies and see Wolverine killing guys in a pg-13 setting. I'm not trying to be edgy but it really stands out that he kills a guy and no blood is ever on his claws.

Already can see where this is going.

>ruin the most kino aspect of X Men

>Substitute it with quipshit and DUDE RACISM LMAO

It doesn't even have a hook

I loved Days of Future Past. It gave a nice conclusion to the X-Men 1-3 cast as well as giving enough time for the Erik and Charles scenes to shine on their own.

Apocalypse suffered because the main antagonist was goofy and one dimensional. I am not looking forward to Jlaw becoming the center now.

Aside from sickle cell anaemia, Jewish genetics seem to be pretty high tier in general.

That's the only part of this series that ever worked onscreen. It's kind of surprising that they wouldn't finance a much smaller movie with just Stewart, McKellen and some of the original cast, budgeted at about 30M.

well he's dead for now, but watch them cast this guy

I can't even think of a way they'd write it in that would make sense. X-Men works better on its own any way since there's so many characters to work with.

no way she comes back for another one

Nah. The comics already get fucked over by having to coexist with all the fuckery in the rest of the universe, the movies being their own stories is pretty kino (in concept)

To be fair JLaw was barely in Apocalypse. They could cut her scenes and just introduce Kurt as some asylum seeker and it'd be fine.

we don't need them
we have the better, far superior franchise of outcasts already

theyre so desperate to bait in the game of thrones fans for some reason i wouldnt even be surprised, but kits a black hole of charisma so they'd be shooting themselves in the foot even further

That movie got cancelled.

No ;_;

it got turned into a tv series that will have the pilot premiere in theaters
if it's limited or wide release i don't know

On ABC. That's nothing to be excited about.

Now they explore Rightclops.

Fuck I'm just now realizing we will never get another Hugh Jackman Wolverine movie. I took it for granted ;_;

They'll just replace wolvy with Daken and satisfy the LGBT folks at the same time.

DOFP was a really good capstone on the whole relationship, then Apocalypse fucked everything up again

Why can't the x-men movies be over? Both Logan and Days of Future Past were logical ends to the franchise. Can't Fox let it die with dignity? Focus on making other movies, etc.

It's going to be even worse when the MCU concludes after Infinity War 2 and audiences get tired of cape stuff but x-men movies are still fucking coming out

>"We cannot, once again, explore the Erik/Charles dynamic,"
When did they ever do this? I don't remember it being more than a cliffnote on any of the movies.

I really just want to see a movie with full power Magneto. I'm talking Marvel vs Capcom Magneto, no holding back. Was Apocalypse like that?

> Marvel vs Capcom Magneto

So was Logan a One-Off or what?

>he thinks MCU will ever be done

I don't know what that means. I mean I want him breaking out magnetic tempests, magnetic shockwaves, gravity squeezes and everything else. A real spectacle.

>the MCU concludes after Infinity War 2

lol

After Logan? No.

right, they need to make another X3, Wolverine Origins or Apocalypse.

Can they remove Jennifer Lawrence hogging all the movies instead

>and DUDE RACISM LMAO
X-men have ENTIRELY been about marginalized minorities. First being a teen in the 60s, then racism in the 70s-80s, then homosexuality in the 90s, etc.

Fuck off you memeing retard.

>Mexicans
>A minority
>In Mexico
It starts with kids going USA USA USA and logan rolling his eyes

Wasn't there going to be a gambit and x force movie?