It angers me how well this is doing

It angers me how well this is doing.

the Marvel cinematic universe is the highest grossing, beating Star Wars and Harry Potter.

Why? These movies are pure shit. Who goes out to see these movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1489230565178.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fatigue is slowly setting in

Doctor Strange was the watershed i think. so fucking generic and ill made. Only decent thing was casting Tilda Swinton, but the shit (animated cape, shit makeup, no story, no villain, Cuminsnatch) is winning now.

We're obligated to see them at this point. In the culture of comics and nerd stuff missing a Marvel movie is as big of a sin as missing a Star Wars movie. We can't do it even if it's not fun. No one cares if you saw BvS or Suicide Squad. No one likes DC movies unless Nolan is directing.

But so are the movies you've listed, imdb

I want to believe this is true but the target audience is 12 year old boys and they can watch the same movie on repeat and not get tored of it.

MCU = macDonalds
DCU = Burger King
Fox - Chick-fil-a

You assume the general populace has a life mirroring yours in any way. I have found this board is generally populated with people with enough time to watch not one or even a dozen, but hundreds of movies multiple times through. This means they are likely un- or under-employed denizens of a minority republic of movie goers that see movies as an art to be analyzed much the same way a 1%er might stare at a painting in a gallery for an hour.

In reality most of us, we "plebians", actually want a pretty basic movie with flashing lights and loud noises. We want to be distracted from the boredom of our daily lives. We DO NOT want to "work" during our movie viewing any more than you would want to go to an art gallery and posit quietly to yourself what feelings the artist was trying to capture when he took this picture of a mans butthole.

I hope this provides you an understanding of the general populace you may have lacked before.

Why do you care? If you don't like them don't go see them. How does it affect you in any way?

Me
My friends
My family
My family friends too

Only reason I go to the cinema and buy cinema tickets
Quite often I end up watching them more than once, buying a ticket to watch with friends and then a few days later buying another to watch with family

I ended up seeing avengers 1 in cinema 4 times

I am the cancer killing the film industry and there's nothing you can do to stop the mouse

Burger King is the grimdark of fast food? LOL...

because they're fun to watch.

Yes.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1489230565178.webm

People with no standards for filmmaking whatsoever but just blindly follow the social media pressure of what's "popular". And with quips, Marvel has realized that they can bypass any sort of characterization by simply forcing another quip that is out of place but atleast won't force them to write character.

Are you 12?

liberals

Stop consuming pleb trash then.

No, I am sorry. I have nothing in common with you except the occasional visit to a Taiwanese chalk art exhibition website.

Start with these

>I type paragraphs of analysis about different kinds of moviegoers
>I'm not an autistic permalurker

Uh, okay faggot.

They aren't pure shit, they are obviously doing something right, with how popular they are. Of course, in your view, the millions of people watching them and liking them are the "wrong ones", and you, the lone person in the world with the "right view", are correct. In no way are you just a little jaded or have different taste. It MUST be because the common consensus is wrong.

And why would this make you mad? The majority of them are better than Star wars and harry potter.

We autists do the best analysis.

They are pure shit. Atleast Harry Potters are generally well-made. Marvel movies are high-budget C-rate movies plagued with reshootings to abide to focus tests. It's far less than what Lucas-SW and Harry Potter were.

I maintain phase 1 was good. There actually prolific directors for the films and the cinematography wasn't as flat. Ironman 1 was a legit good film, but once it got to Avengers and Disney started seeping in, it just became bland assembly line products with journeymen directors who have no resume behind them.

Kids, Normies (remember it's super hip to be nerdy/geek!), Redditors

BIG

The only one I went to see in theatres was Civil War because i fell for the it's serious this time guys meme. Boy was I wrong.

>I maintain phase 1 was good
It was. It really was. They are cashing Phase 1 as much as they can, but it's not working. Dr Strange was much worse than Iron Man

>Who goes out to see these movies?
Reddit

It's funny that their best movie is basically Favreu making shit up as he goes along.

how come it got a 90 though? Yet everyone I've talked to (even Marvel shills) admits it was bland.

>Ironman 1 was a legit good film

It was pretty boring in my opinion. If this is the best these superhero movies have to offer then I really wonder how easily entertained some people are.

Quips aside it had nothing to offer to me. There was no suspense because the protagonist was a supergenius who could do everything and because the law of physics didn't really matter as there was an agile flying metal suit. This means that I have no idea what goes in the universe in the film so there is no suspense as the protagonist can pull whatever out of his ass.

Visuals were unimpressive too in my opinion.

Score wasn't special either.

Generic story with the power hungry ruthless businessman.

Final battle again had no suspense or excitement for me because I have no idea what the abilities or limits of the suits are and it's all CGI anyways.

I think the part where the secretary sneaks into the office was the only suspensful part.

I haven't seen the other superhero movies but it seems like they are all the same but just worse. I just don't get how people can be entertained by them. They have nothing to offer really.

Literal 10 year olds are the target audience.

Literally what i always wanted. Multiple movies with one main plot. Not sequels. Not side stories.

>it angers me how well Marvel is doing

>you can't dislike superhero movies without being a fan of either group