Godzilla/Kong verse talkback

Two movies in, ranking of the two films, and how do you wish for the future to play out?

It will end the same way all vs movies end with a shitty stalemate or ambiguous on who wins

It's going to end with some big monster showing up at the end and Kong and Zilla have to team up or something like that

Once they scale Kong up...i dunno..that fucker was agile and fast as fuck...Godzilla's only chance is his blast.

Kong has no answer for that. but once they are equal size i feel like kong will have stronger blows

Zilla has an endurance edge and a possible tail whip but kong will see that coming

Godzilla 7/10
Kong 6/10

Both fun movies with great action sequences, but idk how they're going to set up a rivalry when they're both good.

It says in the movie Kong is still growing. I don't know how big he actually is though, is there an infographic?

What if the movie ends with King Kong and Godzilla fusing?

Just looked it up:

Godzilla is apparently 350 feet tall, and SI Kong is 100 ft tall. If they were to fight, Kong would get absolutely BTFO

Kong would have to grow to atleast 200ft tall for it now to look absolutely ridiculous. Even than hed still be a manlet

why do they keep remaking these damn things

at this point, Godzilla film is tradition

+ It would be impossible for Kong to break through Godzillas scales

Because it's a tradition in film, faggot. Do you also hate them making James Bond films? If you don't like it, don't watch it. Some of us love Kaiju movies and the ever changing design of Godzilla and King Kong.

>Godzilla 7/10
>Kong 7/10
I really want the fight between Kong and Godzilla to be very equal.

Are you people retarded? Why are you acting like the upcoming movie isnt already planned? It clearly wont be a stomp for Zilla if they are going to bother at all. Stop acting like fucking moronic children on the playground. They will obviously scale him and make them evenly matched. dipshits

Then there wouldn't be a point. That makes no sense

like this

huh, this image makes me wonder what kinda dental health he and godzilla have. old animals usually have super fucked up teeth and apes dont continuously grow new ones, he's like hundreds of years old, his teeth are gonna be fucked.

Yes, dipshit, Kong will totally grow like 200ft in what, 40 years? We already know from the movie that Kong hasn't grown significantly in 30 years, so what the fuck makes you think Legendary know what they're doing?

It will probably be Kong and Godzilla vs Mothra or some other enemy. Fuck you.

Godzilla should win, just due to the fact that when japan made godzilla vs kong back in the day, kong won, out of respect

so original.

I assumed that the gorilla at the very start of the movie was one of his parents, seeing at its mentioned that hes still very young by John C Reilly's character

Kong Skull Island was set in 1973 and clearly stated that Kong was "still growing".

Then why is he the same size in the 1940s? He must be a very, very slow grower if that is the case.

It's probably Kong. Whatever, I'm going to ask the director on Twitter so I can put this shit to rest.

Who gives a fuck
Waiting for Gigan/Ghidorah/Mechagodzilla

Will Kong grow up? Cause it seems like Godzilla will be towering over him.

>What's a King to a God.
.What's a God to a nonbeliever!

I wasn't the only one that thought this was Jackson's worst performance ever, right?
Either he's completely lost it or the director wanted him to be purposefully cringy.
I didn't like the movie overall, I went in wanting to love it because I loved Pacific Rim and Godzilla and have been grateful that the kaiju genre is coming back but holy shit the acting overall was fucking bad. It seemed like they were trying too hard.

There was a post-credits scene in Kong and it has a drawing of Ghidorah. He will be the next villain.

You'll have to wait longer
The only monsters they really hinted at were Rodan, Mothra and King Ghidorah

But in the Japanese original Kong won.

They SAID that he won. In the movie we just see Kong escaping and Godzilla suddenly disappearing.

Tell me, do you bleed?

Anyone got a screenshot of the "Battle Royale" cave painting after the end credits of Kong?

Godzilla 2/5
Kong: 1/5

Jesus christ are you retarded enough to thing, they will have kong just get rofl stomped in the first 2 minutes and roll credits?

Vs mothra?

Do you fucking hear your stupid ass? They wont build it up and not at least have them fight evenly fuckhead. As stupid as you may think it sounds its obvious they will scale him up. Its a written script, they can do whatever the fuck they want. stop putting logic into the yrs he has been around in universe in shit like it fucking matters.

>Some of us love Kaiju movies
neck yourself hipster scum

Why are you so stupid?

What if it isn't a battle royal but actually a super prequel dating back to when Godzilla, Rodan and Mothra teamed up to defeat Ghidorah to stop him from fucking up Earth?

How behind and blind are you? The whole post credit scene was setting up for Godzilla 2 (Godzilla: King of the Monsters). It showed Rodan, Mothra, Ghidorah AND Godzilla.

Also, the fact that all three of those are in the next film is already a well known fact.

think*

either way, if anyone's got a pic of it that'd be amazing.

>a movie set in the jurrassice or ice age period or around the time of ancient rome

>Humans make a mecha zilla to combat growing monster threat
>It goes rogue
Kong and Godzilla team up
Thats it

lol. you fucking ignorant kid. monster movies are as hip as fucking star wars. i guess they still were hip in the early 90s but now that anybody can have an insta-personality by getting online and adopting the "nerd" memes ... its not a very hip to say the least.

Ask him what? What dont we already know? Kong will grow and fight him. end of questioning

That shit supposedly happened like 3000 BC iirc
It would be fun as shit and would likely keep any bullshit human plot to a minimum and just focus on the monsters

Which would miss the entire point. Humans and/or aliens being involved is essential to the Godzilla formula.

Not to set the story up
Introduce Ghidorah as the alien it is by showing it literally falling down with an asteroid and proceeding to fuck shit up instead of some scientists 5000 years later deciphering that "it is a 3 headed alien from space that destroyed Venus" by reading some hieroglyphs

Unfortunelty I dont think they'd do that, simply because the generic movie goer and audience wont absorb or like the film as much if there isn't any boring human plot to drive it. Its why Transformers films always have a dumb, shit human focused plot, but its even worse because Autobots and Decepticons can actually SPEAK and tell their own story, so we'll never see a live action film focused around the fall of Cybertron

Then we nuke Japan a third time

So what if the Final Villain in GvsK is motherfucking Destoroyah?
Who walks away?

>>Godzilla glances at the mighty ape Kong with a long sigh he suddenly grabs and throws him as far as he can with a low roar. Letting the new king know his new place at the top. With that Godzilla charges Destoroyah and gives his all.. the great elder leviathan dies on his feet taking the devil with him, leaving only a legacy and big shoes for the new King to fill.

The only way it can truly end.

Not really. Kong is stronger and more agile, also he's smarter and has opposable thumbs. Meaning he would quite literally win against Godzilla.

Even though they're going to scale up Kong and this whole argument thing is invalid, if Godzilla got his hands on a Kong 250 ft smaller then him it would be game over. Legendary Goji isn't completely primal and would rip Kong's head right off

He wouldn't be able to get his hands on Kong though. He's too slow.

you mean is I assume. But yeah... fuck that G-man fights like a damn bear Kong would get mauled first.

I think legendary Godzilla is cuter.

I hope they bring in Mighty Joe Young somehow

They better make a new King Kong vs. Godzilla cause that movie is the shit.

or it can have actual scientists from ancient times like Ptolemy or someone and they have all these backwards conclusion and ideas about the monsters. it'd be great.

It would be nice if the movie can have deeper explanation of why humans should worship them as gods

I get that they kill bad monsters. But I hope they can have a more complex idea about the environmentalism

Skull Island>Godzilla

Anyone else think it's dumb that they're blowing their load by bringing in Ghidorah for only the 2nd movie?

You idiots act like they wont amp kong so it will be even. jesus morons thinking its going to be a 3 minute stomp

>clearly i will win because my speed is superior

no

as long as mechagodzilla is in the third one, i dont care about the sequel monsters

I don't think so. Bring out the big gun as soon as possible in case the movie flops and the good stuff never get to see the day

I'm hoping introducing Mothra does exactly this. She is a deity after all, if they just make her another megafauna ancient species I'll be upset.

But I want them to fight in modern cities

I think they'll save destroyah as the final villain, Godzilla does technically die in that film after all.

i love you

They would bring in Anguirus before MechaGodzilla.

I don't see how he would fit in Monsterverse.

>Meaning he would quite literally win against Godzilla.

because thumbs completely nullify atomic fire breath right?

Climate change caused a civil war in America
The north supports one monster and the confederate supports the other

They can, just in another movie
The prehistoric one would serve to introduce the monsters and give us background info on them

Well, atleast Kong was a pretty fun movie. A fun B movie that was given a giant budget.

Godzilla 2014 was just a very boring shit movie.

And this kong seems pretty smart. He also likes to use tools as weapons, so I can see him having a tiny chance against godzilla by abusing his own agility, the terrain (large city with skyscrapers?) and using manmade objects as weapons (and aiming them at weak points, like godzilla's eyes). Plus Kong probably realise that you don't have to piece armor to hurt, blunt trauma means that not getting past Godzilla's scales is not a huge issue.

Neither Godzilla 2014 nor Kong Skull Island are remakes. They're new stories based on old characters. Besides the main monsters the characters and plots of each movie are nothing like the originals. If they where remakes they'd be pretty shitty ones. I see these movies as more modern adaptions than remakes.

This. Nobody is watching Godzilla or Kong movies for for deeply well crafted lore that makes perfect sense. We just want to see giant monsters fighting.

>Feminism has plunged the western world into civil war.
>King Kong and Godzilla must join forces to bring down the evil tyrant Alpha Feminist

upvoted

>quite literally
>literally

Learn to talk and not sound like an idiot

I have just the right character and lore for your plot

>Zilla kills the Kong in Godzilla vs Kong: Dawn of Kaiju
>Mighty Joe makes a deal with Ghidorah to avenge Kong and kill Zilla

Oh, I see what you meant. You refer to the prologue scene right? Where the jap and American first came to there? Kong's family still lived that day, and it wasn't him who ambushed the soldiers.

>Confetti killed my family.gif

That gif cracks me up every time

How long until aliens start mind-controlling?

Where the fuck is Anguirus? He's basically Godzilla's sidekick and biggest bro.

Gojira just grows new teeth with radiation, Kong has no excuse.

At least two more movies.

Mecha-Godzilla either got to be build by us or them..

Maybe they'll follow the BvS model and have Godzilla vs King Kong have Mothra in it and then at the end all three of them team up to fight Destroyah, Godzilla dies and then they have Mecha-Godzilla in the fourth movie.

Defiantly want Destoroyah as the final boss eventually.

but it's all american

I'm really hoping we get more traditional giant lizard/animal monsters in this universe. I mean, I'm all from Gigan and Hedorah, but it's been forever since we saw Varan, Gorosaurus, or Manda. Bring some of the obscured guys in.

They team up with Mothra to beat up the Shin Godzilla invasion.

>thinking any of the legendaryverse monsters stand a chance against Shin
I think everyone will know THAT tragedy of a fight.

Completely wasted opritunity not making the giant spider Kumonga

They better have something bigger planned for Kumonga because I'm pretty upset that they are wasting perfectly good opritunitys to reference some C list monsters. Same goes for the giant octopus that Kong fights

Kong and Godzilla vs King Gidorah?