What is the difference between nationalism and patriotism ?

What is the difference between nationalism and patriotism ?

Nation and fatherland are two different things

this

IMHO:

-Patriotism is saluting the flag, being proud of your history and country.
-Nationalism is shitting over other countries and bullying them. Or you can add something to it, like religious or ethnic nationalism and shit over other religions or ethnicities. Imho I am tired of it, my husband is a nationalist though.

first one is a virgin, the second is Chad

You faggots will argue about anything

come to my rooftop I'll show you sexual orientation nationalism

Patriotism and nationalism are all and the same, when there is a Nation
Ethnic nationalism is the only Nationalism. You can be a Nationalist and isolationist at the same time. Stop seeking false correlations, binary retard

Nationalism is the creation of a unique unified culture, this often but not always corresponds with geopolitical entities. These cultures can be constructed in a positive sense (i.e. Germany is) or negative (i.e. Germany is not).

Patriotism on the other hand, is an individual's loyalty towards most often a geopolitical, but sometimes a national entity (such as Irish republicans in Northern Ireland)

Isolationism is shitting on other countries too. Putting yourself above others.

Nationalism is wanting immigrants out because you hate them for being from different country.
Patriotism is wanting immigrants in because otherwise your country will literally stop existing due to its low birth rate.

Nice.
>>first one:useless integrity prone to be exploited
>>second one:practical cheating method

nationalism is for nations
patriotism is for countries

example
In Portugal, nationalism and patriotism is the same thing. One nation, one country.

In the UK, you can be an English nationalist and a UK patriot.

patriotism is working towards making your country better
nationalism is beliving that your country is superior to other countries and that you are better for being born in your country

I'd say that:
Nationalism is wanting immigrants out because you hate them for being from different country.
Patriotism is wanting immigrants in because you know they make your country what it is and you wouldn't have it any other way. Plus you want everyone to enjoy the way of life you already do.

Schizophrenia not even once
t. lipka scum
Low birth rates are fine. More living space is never bad. What we need is the best of our Folk reproducing in the first place. After all non-natives are kicked out, and native non-whites are put back under apartheid, I propose that 25,000,000 degenerate ethnic Russians should be forcibly sterilized and others put in labour camps to halt the decline of the Russian race.

both are low iq ideologies used to give the mass a sense of pride

nationalism is more bellicose

Nationalism has NOTHING to do with attitudes towards other nations or peoples, it is simply an intermediary between localism and imperialism.

During WWI/WWII many Americans wanted to be isolationist. "Fuck Europe let them kill each other, America first". No lend-lease, no marshall plan, no D Day. Sound good to you? Not to me.

Don't tell me thats not shitting on Europe.

patriotism can be on different levels, while nationalism is always nationwide.

also, patriotism tends to be more spontaneous and directed towards local communities, while nationalism is an ideology taught from "above".

>many Americans
True Americans*. They were right. In the end of the day USA/U.K. let all of Northeastern Europe and almost all of Central Europe to be occupied by Stal*n.

Because they didn't want to cause WWIII. I agree Stalin was a monster on his own level but then again, USA fought Communism worldwide instead of saying "well fuck the rest of the world let them go commie".

Patriotism is being proud of your country.
Nationalism is putting your country's interests above other countries. It is NOT a feeling of superiority over other countries, although it often can be. There is nothing wrong with nationalism.

Nationalism: want immigrants out because they would roil up our society.
Patriotism: want shitty politicians out because they let poor immigrants in and exploit both us and foreigners by taking advantage of conflict between us.

Because they didn't give a shit in the first place, retard. What they couldn't stand is a strong continental opposition to the British hegemony. As we all know it was London to start the WWII, not Berlin.

One nuke on Kremlin = far less problems back then and today

>USA fought communism
USA is THE COMMUNISM

Patriotism is loving your country
Nationalism is doing something about it

This

>Imho I am tired of it, my husband is a nationalist though.
>hate something
>marry it
The niggers of gender

Nationalism is supporting the existence of a country in various forms
Patriotism is liking a country

edgy

t. globalist warhawk

this
could it be the portuguese-german-albanian hybrid subhumans we forgot to ask?

its all the same thing but dumb americans like to pretend it isnt becuase the left wing media scares them

It's like homosexuality and faggotry:
Patriotism is when you have some kinda weird likes, but are still a normal person about it.
Nationalism is when you are a disgusting and degenerate weirdo who makes patriots look bad.

t.atar

Nationalism is when you hate foreigners because you're a prole.

Pastoralism is when you praise Tengri and shower foreigners with arrows because you want to put your seed in their women.