So if 3 centrebacks is so much better than 2 centrebacks, what if you used 4 (FOUR) centrebacks?

so if 3 centrebacks is so much better than 2 centrebacks, what if you used 4 (FOUR) centrebacks?

you are playing 5-3-2 and then you are lost

centerbacks are slow and dumb and would get owned repeatedly

you need pacy CBs on the wings for that

we did in 2014 desu

get off the internet Tony, you've got a team to coach

I think i've solved football formations lads

>wall of big strong cenrebacks nobody can get past
>put long balls over the top to the strikers
>score
>use pacey nog wingbacks in case of emergency

yeah, almost cost us the title

The way of the future is zero centerbacks

that defence will be so strong and capable that a keeper isn't necessary
ought to replace him with mid-forward sweeper la

You totally forsake the midfield, so your blockteam will run after the ball a lot. Also opponents can just retain possession and slowly push you backwards little by little, progressing towards your goal.

no need for a midfield with long balls over the top la'

>no need for a midfield with long balls over the top la'
the english way

>whenever you get the ball, punt it offbounds to the sidelines near the other team's goal
>le tall striker and le pacey black lads will take the ball back from the other team as they scutter to take the throw in
>win the triple and get exposed the next season

genius

it's not like it has been proven for 150 years that huffball doesn't work

*hoofs the ball over your gay little french manlet head and heads it in*

*now France leads 5-1*

matuidi and kante will be the first manlets to be exposed by the new footballing world order la'

Doesn't Madrid only score on crosses?

Brazil did it against Venezuela
Based Dunga

>sweeper
>in front of the defenders
Now this is some tactical genius.

We played a while with 7 defenders before firing the senile manager.

Should be pacey striker with the tall striker desu.

hoofball works fine

Because three centre backs is coming back into fashion because using two strikers is making a comeback
three at the back functions poorly against a single striker because they have a two man overload

Four at the back would work against a formation with three strikers, but even then if you're playing against a team with three striker then you're better off overloading the midfield since they've committed so many men as strikers you['d be able to stop them getting any kind of service

they cant take a shot on goal without conceding the ball to my most dangerous player

My foockin sides

This isn't revolutionary, ask Tony Pulis about this brilliant concept of yours

b-b-but swedes are soo strong and smart, surely the finnish subhumans just weren't sophisticated enough for the overlord intellect

do we even need more than 1 CB?

Russia? yes

Was it Giovanni Trappatoni? Did your team also concede goals immediately every time after they scored?

wasn't Germany's backline in some of their 2014 world cup matches made up of 4 centrebacks?

Defending is for pussies

Confirmed for 12th in the Premier League

1 centre back is the endgame of football tactics. Combined with a sweeper keeper and a DM to drop back as a, dare I say it, false centre back.
Then you get an extra midfielder for pressing so the opposition can never escape.

>*dismisses your theory*

*hoofs to Eder*
*bullies Koscielny*

Pulisball.jpg

You become West Brom

Believe it or not, that's literally how football evolution works

People 70 years ago played with 1 defender, 2 midfielders and the rest up front and they thought, 2 defenders is better, and then 3, and then 4, etc

I don't know, we never got to the "score a goal" part.

>Irish football intellectuals
I'd rather pass on your advice tbqh

4-4-2 with a tall cunt up top is the purest form of football

Don't think it was 150 years ago when Leicester literally won Premier League with 4-4-2 hoofball with target man and fast midget up top.

Name a few successful examples of that playstyle

large reason they changed is because offside used to be 3 defenders not 2 defenders

Leciester. Except replace tall cunt with pacey manlet cunt

How are Leicester successful? All they won is a domestic league and your league is known for playing hoofball, also, not the same system

they did play lot of long balls but in a different way

Got to the QF in Champions Leauge as well

Well, I guess that's considered success by English levels now

I was checking the WC finals and no team ever won playing that system. I guess England will be the first one in 2018

Of course it's a success for cheap team playing hoofball.