Two dudes walk around quoting Confucius to each other: the movie

>two dudes walk around quoting Confucius to each other: the movie

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f5DAohvyTPE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

100% Accurate.

it's probably too deep for you
doubt you'd understand if i explained it

I like it more than the first one. Is the manga any good? Not that storyboard thing you've posted, the original Ghost in the Shell.

Basset Hounds are the most kino breed of dog.

b-but my chinese cartoons a-are d-d-deep

Try me. Tell me how it's any more than very basic philosophical concepts being trotted out by characters as the mouthpiece of the writer

>ani-manga

You miss the part when the two dudes trash Chinese yakusa Tong, getting hacked, watch street parade, trash the hacker's room, big shoot out etc

The scene with Batou in his apartment looks really nice.

anime is soo deep dude wtf

That's one way to see it.

But I used to ask myself is it better to get married and make kids or to have a dog.

A few of the scenes look nice. There is some cool visual stuff towards the end. I just miss the all hand drawn

I wouldn't say it's about philosophical concepts.

It's just that sad melancholic mood of the whole movie.

Reminds me of the original Lethal Weapons

I like how Innocence is just about the only movie to use CG as a stylish touch rather than just a shortcut at least. In a movie about things which are artificial it feels thematically appropriate for something to occasionally stand as looking completely wrong next to everything around it.

I think the 3D mechanical animation mostly holds up well even today but that aside the movie still had lots of impressive 2D animation.

Yeah, the first shot of Kim's house was pretty amazing. That's a good point.

True but still better than most anime films even though it's pretty shit to the first movie.

Can someone explain why the original Ghost in the Shell is considered a classic?
>poor story
>non-existent characters
>little action
Some nice visuals and a soundtrack, but the film is really nothing more than preaching philosophy.

>peanut brain
Ghost in the Shell
>regular brain
Uresai Yatsura
>enlightened brain
Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
>elder-god walk with the cosmos brain
The Red Spectacles

Can someone explain why the original Blade Runner is considered a classic?
>poor story
>non-existent characters
>little action
Some nice visuals and a soundtrack, but the film is really nothing more than preaching philosophy.

That doesn't answer the question

After a long day of work, the dark haired guy went to check a homicide scene. He looked at some gruelsome crime scene, chated with with CSI guys about how newbies can't take it. Then he mentioned having dinner with his wife and kid, his buddies changed attitude and told him to get home sooner. Family is the most important.

The same thing with the white haired guy and his dog.

It's an age of cyberpunk. Minds and bodies can be forged. But probably because of it, people cherish the little things in life.

And I guarantee the Hollywood live action movie can't give you this

I guess because no one outside of Japan had taken anime seriously before?

I enjoyed it and Locus Solus' schemes.

Both were in the right place at the right time. Ghost in the Shell came right when anime was ready to become not-quite mainstream in the West so they went all out with a well-done English dubbed release same day as Japan and hyping it up as a visionary genius masterpiece type thing. Lots of work went into GitS's American release so they made sure it would make an impression. And keep in mind this was before even The Matrix was a thing. To normalfaggots nothing this intellectually ambitious had been ever done with a science-fiction movie before. In a time before google just namedropping philosophy was pretty impressive. Go back and watch Good Will Hunting. The books they refer to are entry level /lit/.

As for Blade Runner its reputation was just a snowballing meme-effect. The first appraisal was right. It's a nice looking neo-noir movie containing some kind of interesting gibberish about robot-men wanting to be considered real-men. But then since nerds were starved for respectable science-fiction it got hyped up as some god-like insight into the human condition and an aesthetic masterpiece. An angle which later cuts of the movie tried to push after the fact, with the removal of the dialogue trying to downplay the movie's neo-noir roots and the addition of a couple of nonsensical scenes like the unicorn to keep people wondering. Wondering about what? Too deep for you, pleb.

Akira kind of blazed the trail already. But Ghost in the Shell really got people's attention.

I don't even really watch anime, I've only seen a few shows. I'm not trying to be elitist, I'm genuinely curious as to why it is seen as such a classic.

Maybe it is because it got the Western audiences attention, but it seems overpraised. I enjoyed watching it and seems like it would have been unique for its time, but it doesn't do many things particularly well.

I think the most philosophical part is that Donna Haraway woman asking since humans don't just treat dolls as dolls they have some rights

Then maybe the part when Kim argues that dolls are more perfect beings than humans because they are not bothered

Then perhaps in the final shot when Batou looked sadly at his colleague's daughter

that big spectacular parade, telling us that religion is a pointless waste

Also, if you don't like philosophy, maybe GitS and possibly the whole cyberpunk genre isn't for you.

book is better

>two dudes walk around quoting Confucius to each other: the movie
sounds comfy

It looks and sounds great too.

I did my university dissertation/thesis on the Ghost in the Shell movies. It meant I had to watch them a lot.

Time well spent

funny how major was the worst part of the tv series. all other characters were more interesting and has more, well, character than her.

Japs couldnt be deep if you tied them to an anchor and threw them in the ocean

kek

That's why I fucking hate modern Jap shit. It started in early 2000s with them trying to be philosophical with their cartoons. Just give us the tits and gore of the 80s ffs.

youtube.com/watch?v=f5DAohvyTPE
Wot?

Worst part is more studios are outsourcing more than ever before. Only a few still take pride in good animation.

I unironically think that Koichi Ohata did some great work. His designs are always 10/10 and uniquely Ohata while his stories actually have more going on than the memes would have you believe.

In the end, Batou looked at Tokusa's daughter sadly, because he bought his daughter a doll

...is there an ethical problem with that?

As a whole, the Kerberos Saga is kino

GitS2 is pretentious as fuck, and its art style is ruined by the use of shitty CGI shoehorned into every scene.

How is stand alone complex? Never seen that one yet.

Yeah it's not as good as the first but the visuals were pure CG/2Dkino

She's literally Batman or Superman: the least interesting thing of whatever they are in, but necessary to get everyone in the same room and keep things going. Best used sparingly. Notice how the best GiTS Episodes have Major take a huge step back or let her give just the slight extra push to seal the deal and close out a good episode.

>Saito's Story
>Batou in Berlin
>Tachikoma's Day Out
>Chief in the Bank Heist

Pokerface was honestly one of the absolute best parts of the entire franchise. Why they opted to do Arise instead of doing a prequel set during WWIII, I'll never understand.

Yeah it's kind of a mess. Also that out of nowhere mindfuck that takes up a good chunk of the movie makes you forget what the actual plot is.

Innocence is way, way better than the 1995 movie, and not just because it doesn't have Major in it.