I just rewatched this after a loooong time

I just rewatched this after a loooong time.
Riddle me this, faggots. You shit on Prometheus for being full of plotholes and retarded shit, but this movie has probably even more plotholes, yet you love it. Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

avp.wikia.com/wiki/Hadley's_Hope
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We shit on Prometheus because it's garbage.

Plot holes don't actually make a movie bad

80% of complaints against Prometheus I read here were referring to retarded plot

>aliens has plotholes

Such as?

Sup Forums is full of plebs that only enjoy action flicks, obviously Prometheus is in other league.

Aliens travels across the galaxy to pick up a cunny

Prometheus travels across the galaxy to have interracial sex

One hole beetween Ripley's feets

>infinite amount of aliens despite there only being ~100 colonists
>the whole queen fuckery at the end is one big meme
>single aliens appearing in plot-convenient places such as dropship
>alien operating cockpit door
>inconsistent powerlevels of aliens
>fuckhuge spaceship with 15 ppl crew that are also marines with no personnel to stay behind when the marines get dropped to a planet

>i dont know what a plothole is

Do you know what 'plot' is? None of those are plotholes.

retarded 90's born faggot, why do you even bother?

>implying you know either the number of colonists or aliens

ok, teleporting queen is definitely a plothole

you happy now?

158 colonists according to the movie (director's cut version).

>things that happen off camera are plot holes

the number of colonists is mentioned

the aliens would run out before the ammo to those sentry guns runs out

what the fuck does this even mean and how is it a plothole?

Isn't it 158 families ?

so she teleported off-camera? that's still retarded

What do you mean? She climbs on to the ship when they lift and a lot of junk gets stuck in the landing thinghy. There's a reason we don't see the queen climbing on the thing on screen, it's called surprise.

There's a deleted scene where the turrets do run out of ammo

Aliens dont exist, you retard

She climbed into the dropship off camera you retard.

"home to some 158 workers and their families"
avp.wikia.com/wiki/Hadley's_Hope

>There are people in this thread who don't watch the director's cut of Aliens

158 families and we see only a couple dozen aliens killed in the movie
What?
How is that a plot hole? Is every horror movie ever a plot hole? Is the alien in the first movie hiding in the escape pod at the end a plot hole?
What?
What?
>fuckhuge spaceship with 15 ppl crew that are also marines with no personnel to stay behind when the marines get dropped to a planet
Do you have problems understanding that many things in the future are advanced enough to be fully automated?

None of these things are plotholes though. Do you know what a plothole is or were you born in the 90's?

So 158 families...?

It's "158 workers and their families". So anywhere between 158 and let's say 474 (a spouse and a child per worker). That sounds reasonable to me. Hell, even 158 doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

I don't understand. Where do you believe they were inconsistent?

There were two who stayed behind; a pilot and another crewman.

These are not plot-holes.

>maximum amount of aliens; 158
>total turret ammo: 2000

and it was clearly shown that the turrets were very effective at killing aliens

You mean like flies? the closest part of the dropship to that bridge was the ramp which Ripley can barely reach.

Also, why not just shoot her in the head in the egg room?

Sup Forums is filled with retards, faggots, numales and a few angry loners.

>implying every bullet hit
>implying every hit was a kill

Problem with Prometheus is lack of likeable or interesting characters. In fact the best parts of Prometheus are scenes with David and with the engineers because at least they're interesting. None of the other characters have any stand out attitudes that make them seem genuinely entertaining etc. Some people may call these types of characters 'realistic' but we don't want realism in movies, that shit is boring as fuck. In truth we don't even want characters, we want caricatures with clearly defined personalities. Think of any of the marines in Aliens, especially Bill Paxton.

total population lads

Yes give or take. Some workers might have been without any family members though.

>Think of any of the marines in Aliens, especially Bill Paxton.
Or Vazques and Drake. They're fucking cartoon characters and that what makes it good.

>How many are there, how many colonists ?
>Dunnow, 60, maybe 70 families. Do you mind ?
>Jesus ... families

and 60-70 families gives 158 people apparently, which makes sense

200 minimum

The only thing that I deem retarded in Aliens is that apparently, queen knows how elevators work, meaning it has understanding of basic machinery, thank god, they never showed it but I'll forever have a mental image in my mind of queen slowly stuffing itself into the elevator and pressing the button to go up.

>Hicks : usual action movie hero, good guy, charming and everything
>Hudson : cocky dude that shits his pants when things go wrong, yet is still nice and not afraid of fighting
>Vasquez : thought woman, rambo (II or III) with a vagina
>Gorman : inexperienced person put in charge of an operation because he had good grades, shits the bed but learns to care for his subordinates during the movie
>Bishop : friendly sidekick, tech guy
>Burke : typical corporate scum
>Appone : experienced fighter, charismatic leader, him dying early in the movie makes you feel that the aliens still are a threat even for marines

I think it was stated that Xenomorph Queens are extremely intelligent and are more capable of learning things like that the older they are. No word on how old the Queen in Aliens is to know how to work an elevator, though.

Thank you.

I hope you're a desperate faggot looking for a (you)

I hope you're not actually this much of a moron

I didn't like Aliens, I feel like it ruined the vision of the alien. I guess it's fun in the way of explosions and overconfident hoorah marines who get (gasp) fucked up.

Also James Cameron films age like milk, it's basically all the Hollywood clichés that are hot at the time of release.

>It's "158 workers and their families". So anywhere between 158 and let's say 474
mentioned to be 60-70 families, explicitly stated to be 158 people total

>I don't understand. Where do you believe they were inconsistent?
a xeno can destroy metal door by headbutting it and break armored glass with one hit, but can also be held against a wall with a single female leg
a xeno can teleport into rooms where it had no way of otherwise getting in (Burke scene)
a xeno can operate doors in one scene (pilot death scene, queen using the elevator) and cannot in others

>There were two who stayed behind; a pilot and another crewman.
they were waiting at the drop location near the colony

Aliens successfully set out to be a fun thriller and not some deep pseudophilosophical bullshit

The raptors could work out how to open a door

>a xeno can teleport into rooms where it had no way of otherwise getting in (Burke scene)
But they had already come in through the floors and the roofs of that area. Burke just gets in to another room in that same area. A xeno could have dropped down from the roof in that room just moments before Burke went in.

The species has a genetically ingrained memory. Experiences from previous generations are incorporated into instinct. Truly pure. Beautiful.

>mentioned to be 60-70 families, explicitly stated to be 158 people total
As I said, 158 still seems fine to me. According to a quick Google, only 45 Aliens are shown dying in the film, less than a third of the supposed amount.

>a xeno can teleport into rooms where it had no way of otherwise getting in (Burke scene)
Dunno if that's "inconsistent" per se.

>a xeno can destroy metal door by headbutting it and break armored glass with one hit, but can also be held against a wall with a single female leg
>a xeno can operate doors in one scene (pilot death scene, queen using the elevator) and cannot in others
Yeah, those are fair. I mean I wouldn't call them plot holes but you're entirely right, they change to serve the plot.

>they were waiting at the drop location near the colony
Yeah, that's what I thought you meant. My bad.

Do aliens need oxygen? Seems like they would, given they gestate in oxygen breathing organisms.

i dont' think the alien working the door in the dropship is a plothole, but arguably buttons are less intuitive and harder to figure out than lever operated doors.

>only 45 Aliens are shown dying in the film

yeah, and plenty others died offscreen
those turrets didn't just fire 2000 rounds in the air

queen is explicitly shown breathing
and then survives space travel

Well obviously the turrets weren't effective at killing aliens because there were a lot of aliens left after the turrets went down

Probably, but in the comics that came after Aliens and before Alien 3 it's revealed that they can survive in space. Hicks and Newt fight them of in space suits on the hull of a spaceship in Aliens: Nightmare Asylum.

This is pretty lenient too, the amount of the aliens were pretty hand-wavy.

retard.

they can probably live without it or even in a vacuum for a while tho

except it was shown that aliens get literally melted by just few bullets

>>inconsistent powerlevels of aliens

you watch anime, don't you.

Which begs another question: If a xeno gets hit and start bleeding, will it kill itself with its own acid?

No, I don't. I just spend way too much time on Sup Forums

fuck off youngfag

No. If it is circulating acid inside, then the soft tissue won't be affected by uncontrolled bleeding.

>If a xeno gets hit and start bleeding, will it kill itself with its own acid?

No, there skin/carapace is acid-proof.

Only Plot hole in Aliens is how Burke could send messages to LV426 without anyone else in Weyland Yutani knowing about it

How he, a low tier lawyer was going to sell Aliens to the military without being thrown in a prison first

In a space even more cramped than straight hallway maybe

No.
Let's say there were ~150 alien warriors. (157 colonists, minus 2 that were killed getting the facehuggers off, minus the chestburster that the Marines killed, minus at least 2 the colonists bagged. Notice this doesn't account for the colonists killing more than two aliens, or other causes of death, or suicides/mercy killings.)
In the DC, the sentry guns could probably kill 100 aliens. I'm assuming a lame 5% kill rate. (20 rounds/kill.) The aliens were packed into the tunnels, so they could use the ones in front of them as 'human' shields, and they're not hurt by their own acid. Anyhow, that leaves about 50 aliens for the Marines to fight. Still a fuckload. Even if the sentries were much more effective, there might have only been 3 or 4 warriors left by the end of the movie, which again, is enough to make things really bad for Ripley, running around alone.
The sentry guns are a reason I'm not crazy about the Director's Cut. Without them, there's a lot more aliens running around. With them, the stakes for the Marines are way lowered.

Go home Ash

If anything is flawed in Aliens is the fact that a starting populatuion of 0 xenos managed to dominate all 158 colonists when its shown they had means of defending themselves.

Aliens is the worse movie due to not being very interesting, it's not very rewarding to watch again since everything is so one-dimensional and straightfoward.

How old was the Xenomorph Queen? Was she spawned from the first colonist or just there hibernating when the colonists found her?

I am watching the series for the first time. Alien, aliens, and prometheus are the only good ones. Cubed is fucking stupid story-wise. There is no way the men would care about a woman since they would all be fucking each other. Then it manages to look worse than its predecessor. They took literally no effort to light the alien puppet to match the scenes it is in. Resurrection is even worse. Joe Sweden has not evolved since this. Fucking insane quips everywhere, Mary Sues ripley, lol basketball. The direction is like a comedy and noticeably bad. The plot is even more stupid. The only good actor is wynona. And the only good thing to be in the movie is that you see the alien move in not close ups and it holds up fairly well.

The Ridley Scott fanbase is so autistic and jealous over how great based James made the franchise they have to bring up a classic sci fi masterpiece and compare it to the pretentious shit show that is Prometheus.

A plot being retarded and a plot having holes are different things. A Biologist who is terrified of alien microbes deciding to pat an alien snake is retarded. A Geologist with a holographic, 3d map of the cave he's in getting lost is retarded. Neither of them are plot holes.

Prometheus is retarded.

Prometheus and Alien were boring. It's like watching paint on a wall dry.

Aliens is a masterpiece. No one would care about the alien franchise if there wasn't an Aliens.

Bullshit. Any time someone on Sup Forums bitches about Prometheus, they're just listing off plotholes.

You just made up this shit about unlikeable characters.

Ridley Scott is a hack.

Lol it was not shown at all that the turrets were effective at killing aliens. They were shown ijust effective enough to stall the aliens; it was just because the aliens didnt know how much ammo they have they decided to fall back instead of suffer more casualties.

She spawned from the queen of the colonists duh

ITT: easy (You)s

Stop falling for easy bait fags

Hey OP, you ever been mistaken for a faggot?

>>No one would care about the alien franchise if there wasn't an Aliens.
There wouldn't be a franchise without Aliens. Alien would have been a straight-up, stand-alone horror movie. And apart from the chestburster scene, would be pretty much forgotten.

Those aren't plot holes. These are plot holes:

>How was Newt carried to the hive and encased in resin before Ripley got there? Ripley was flying in a dropship, Newt was being carried by an Alien with barely a head start, even if the alien was fast, would it have done all that in under an hour?

>How did the company never send the colonists to the space jockey before Burke? Did nobody bother to investigate the signal still? It was the very first place the crew of the Nostromo went.

>How did the aliens never detect Newt, yet know where to go to attack the Marines?

>How would Ripley know that the pulse rifles are radioactive or would be dangerous to use in an Atmos? She's a space trucker who has been stuck 50 years in cryo.

>How exactly would Burke's master plan work? Ripley suspected he was behind it and the rest of the marines had no motive to smash the containers with the facehuggers in them. It'd have been pretty fucking obvious that the corporate guy they did not know was behind it all. What if the marines chose to euthanise Ripley and Newt on the planet instead of taking the risk of bringing them onto the ship? They clearly know that killing them is the only safe option they actually have because they want the aliens dead, and would take that over trying to keep Ripley and Newt alive.

>How was the power still running in the first place? And how did the power come back on after the aliens cut it?

How did the queen manage to lay eggs on the dropship? She had no egg sack, and would Ripley have been that stupid to not consider that as an option, let alone the fact the queen managed to get on the dropship?

That's redditdiculous. The film stands on its own as a masterpiece in the same vein as "The Thing", regardless of what came after.

eggs on the dropship/sulaco is alien 3 fuckery.

These aren't plot holes. What is it with faggots on Sup Forums thinking that any small thing they point out is a plot hole?

Prometheus's plot holes are more noticeable because the rest of the movie is inferior overall compared to Aliens.

Memery aside, the ending really pissed me off. Why did she not kill the queen right away?