/180/: 2018 WILLIAM HILL WORLD DARTS CHAMPIONSHIP DAY 2

Tonight will hopefully see the end of darts' greatest ever player and greatest ever twat. Yes, this is FINALLY the end of one Philip Douglas Taylor. The 16-time champion and Stoke sex pest has confirmed that the Worlds will be his last professional tournament.

However, we start with the annual funfair of the preliminary round, pinning international nobodies against each other for the chance to get bummed in round 1. Kicking off the comedy are Japan's Seigo Asada and Australia's Gordon Mathers. Asada is best known for turning up at Lakeside in 2015 smashed off his tits, so hopefully he's taken it more seriously this time around.

What is surely the tie of round 1 then gets the action moving with 2014 BDO world champion Stephen Bunting against newly-crowned World Youth Champion Dimitri Van den Bergh. Bunt Man has had a recent career resurgence following a terrible year by managing to get to the last 16 of the last 3 majors, but the dancing Belgian boy produced a stunning Youth final performance, averaging over 100, and not to forget his run to the World Series of Darts quarter-final. It's so annoying that one of these two are going out tonight.

The Power then begins against Bedlington upstart Chris Dobey. Pheel's last match on TV saw him get dismantled by Michael van Gerwen in the Grand Slam semi-final, causing some utterly retarded reactions from the shortarse. Hollywood's inconsistency is still his biggest factor, but produced a great performance here last year to dump out Justin Pipe. A repeat of that elimination would be welcomed by everyone.

Rob Cross starts his first ever Worlds against the preliminary winner. Voltage has had the greatest ever first year by a total novice, and the ex-electrician should have too much for either Asda or Mathers; that said, Cross's only previous setplay match saw him struggle with the double-in start at the World Grand Prix so sets could be his kryptonite.

Coverage starts at 7:00pm UK time on Sky Sports Darts (SS Arena).

Other urls found in this thread:

pdc.tv/news/2017/12/14/william-hill-world-darts-championship-day-one
pastebin.com/1DM9V54j
independent.co.uk/sport/general/retiring-phil-the-power-taylor-web-pdc-world-darts-championships-profile-who-is-a8108671.html
theguardian.com/sport/blog/2017/dec/11/one-last-fling-before-phil-taylor-turns-power-off
bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/42332921
express.co.uk/sport/othersport/892370/World-Darts-Championship-Phil-Taylor-retired
skysports.com/darts/news/12288/11170413/world-darts-championship-what-makes-phil-taylor-great
youtube.com/watch?v=H5U4AJh4XRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wAp0-FuHfU0
youtube.com/watch?v=TN8FgGp_EEY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Tonight’s matches (prelim best of 3 sets, rest best of 5 sets; first to 3 legs in a set)
Seigo "For Sake's Sake" Asada v Gordon "Marshall" Mathers (P)
BUNT MAN (21) v Dimitri "Twink" Van den Bergh
Taylel (6) v Chris Dobey "The House Elf"
Rob "Danger! Danger! Shit Nickname!" Cross (20) v Asada/Mathers

>Day 1 roundup
pdc.tv/news/2017/12/14/william-hill-world-darts-championship-day-one

>/180/ starter guide (now updated for 2017!)
pastebin.com/1DM9V54j

Some Pheel articles for your perusal before everything gets going at 7:00pm:

>Taylor claims to be greater than Federer, Woods and Faldo combined in ridiculous Independent interview
independent.co.uk/sport/general/retiring-phil-the-power-taylor-web-pdc-world-darts-championships-profile-who-is-a8108671.html

>Guardian attempt to get down with the working class
theguardian.com/sport/blog/2017/dec/11/one-last-fling-before-phil-taylor-turns-power-off

>BBC making up for lost time hyping the BDO with this Tom Fordyce tribute
bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/42332921

>The Express get Wolfie and Bobby George to tell Taylor: do something else after retirement
express.co.uk/sport/othersport/892370/World-Darts-Championship-Phil-Taylor-retired

>Do you really want to read a Sky Sports article titled "What makes Phil Taylor great"?
skysports.com/darts/news/12288/11170413/world-darts-championship-what-makes-phil-taylor-great

Aww yisss

>“People you know, some people you don’t know. I just enjoy their company and enjoy a drink with them because that’s what it’s all about.”

lel @ buntman being seeded

>hopefully he's taken it more seriously this time around
what are you on about

probably gonna watch gwan ronnie vs riggens tbqh

youtube.com/watch?v=H5U4AJh4XRQ

Shit, wrong year: youtube.com/watch?v=wAp0-FuHfU0

Yes, but do you hate fun? Hopefully he's even more smashed this time around.

As Mark Frost proved last year, there's a line between funny drunkenness and irritating drunkenness.

can someone please explain why every year the only Canadian sports channel that shows darts, broadcasts the previous years world championship at the exact same time as the current year?

Sportsnet is showing the 2017 world championships over the next 2 weeks, and did 2016 last year. quite annoying.

maybe they are confused by pdc calling it a year ahead and are playing the wrong thing. you should send them a message, maybe they havent noticed

because they're idiots

Ive thought about this. but they cannot be this dumb.

youtube.com/watch?v=TN8FgGp_EEY

What happened to Dirk van Duijvenbode? Just not good enough?

Pretty much.

Only just inside the top 64 so retains his Tour Card for next year.

ronnies on now

And we're on now.

gib streams

HD stream: acestream://2e54dd409f1e6627e7fb22c71757290b51ae11b9

SD stream: acestream://1c14883164419285b005a7f96d502489e80b8dc4

MENSUR

FUCKING

SULJOVIC

Well here we all are now

On Monday, m8.

All the lads

/180/ was the comfiest general last year, hopefully it speeds up as the tournament goes on.

Why are the german commentators such fucking douchebags? Unbearable.

>the Phil Taylor fellatio evening

At least we only have our commentator on during the matches so we get all Mardle’s great insights in the pre-game studio and in the breaks.

>evening

>Fortnight

fify

Comparing himself to Tiger and Federer. cheeky cheeky cheeky

cant wait for BUNT

Nope. German audience is to dumb for english commentary.

Right of course.
At least the Danish snooker commentator is godly. I just wish he was into darts as well.

Mathers looks like the most stereotypically bogan cunt imaginable.

>best of 3 sets
what were they thinking?

More suitable than the first to 4 legs shit they used to do.

ARE WE WATCHING
ARE WE WATCHING
AAARRRE WE WATCHING BDO?

Uhm if he’s Australian then why is he wearing the English flag

norway please

Take a look at the australian flag.

Neither of these two will be much trouble for Cross.

No

What do you think of my bet lads? Tenner if it wins. #bigspender

bunting game will ruin that

bunt will struggle

no break, nice

Bunting is favourite with the bookies. VDB 6/5

nothing really mathers
to meeee

im thinking of going for this

Won't be 3-1 I think hope I'm wrong tho.

May as well. Just a small bet to make it more fun

THAT SHANGHAI FROM ASADA!

>tfw stream more than a minute behind

Cadby lost his spot to this

Mathers has given up with that clap.

His own fault.

>Asada

uhoh Jap choke

BEASTMODE activated

Great sportsmanship from these two.

Go Marshall Mathers!

BEASTMODE deactivated

Did I hear that right? Best leg you'll see in the tournament?

Nobody else has hit an 11 yet I think.

>tfw waiting over an hour for your dominos

your own fault for ordering dominos instead of getting something nicer

Back to the practise board, Adrian.

kek

I need suggestions lads: should I watch snooker; O'Sullivan vs. Higgins or darts?

both. ronnie getting slaughtered by a convicted game fixer tho

WHO /BUNT MAN/ HERE

literally no one, the guy is a fucking let down

Based Jap man

BUNT

fuck belgium

rude

O'Sullivan is getting absolutely rekt

does Darts put anyone else in the holiday spirit?
such a comfy tournament.

Forgot this song existed desu

Good. Fuck the mardy ungrateful cunt and his collection of rent-a-mongs.

agreed

ebdon pls

pretty decent at dancing tbf.

BORING BORING TABLES

Christmas officially on the 1st day of the darts

sit down in your plastic chair!!!!!!

>dart trophy
>a ball
>a wicket

Wow super rude

>Ronnie and Taylor getting DESTROYED on the same evening

This is already a hot hot game.

what a time to be alive

I miss Manley lads. ;_;

gwan da Bunt

COME ON BUNTMAN

It's generally nice seeing Ronny get shat on, but I fucking hate that cheating cunt Higgins too.

FUCKIN HELL RONNIE

Agreed. Absolutely boils my piss watching that podgy jock cunt smuggly sauntering around the table, should have been a life ban. Doesn't help that he is literally the luckiest piece of shit, so many of his misses end up safe it's unreal.