Red-pill me on battlestar galactica. was he God?

red-pill me on battlestar galactica. was he God?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7r28iDTNzCE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He was a prophet you dumbfuck

prophet of what

You know It doesn't like that name.

(One of my favorite lines from the whole series.)

he was gaius frackin baltar

he was a traitor to his species that deserved to hang for his numerous crimes

God

Baltar wasn't a god, but the Blatar that only the cylon could see was a god that looked like Baltar

It was crucial for the two races to come together and he was a big part of that..

crucial my arse
the only good cylon is an airlocked cylon

>this
That finale still pisses me off. Hurr durr lets send all our ships and modern technology into the sun.

But we're part cylon

could have been interesting had a good number of people refused, picked the most intact ships and continued on

You take that back.
I'm 100% pure bred aryan caprican.
My ancestors came here on the galactica.
All toasters must fucking hang.

That's an interesting idea. The centurions got to keep their basestar. It just seemed strange to me they wouldn't keep atleast one ship for planetary defense.

Gaius BALTAR?!
>youtube.com/watch?v=7r28iDTNzCE

This. A joy to watch, but in universe, Baltar should have been executed, no question

Baltar is Joseph Smith.

I wanted a group of technological holdouts to start a high-tech society on a remote island somewhere, with a couple Raptors and such. Then a cataclysm caused the island to be swallowed by the ocean.
Battlestar: Atlantis.

not just that but also
>lets at some point interbreed with the hunter-gatherers

Dum dum dum dum dummm.

LEE ADAMA DID NOTHING WRONG

I want to see this now. Makes you wonder what happened to all those people stranded on the colonies. Also i hate how they discovered a perfectly habitable planet in Kobol but just kept going.

Nope , both Head Baltar and Head Caprica Six were angels. Six says so in an episode in the 2nd season, i forget which one.

he got some nice succ from an imaginary semon demon

Anyone here read any of the comics? The Final Five comic was decent. Was cool getting to see Kobol before the Fall.

wrong

baltar did literally nothing wrong

>this
Literally everything he did was part of God's plan.

lee adam is a fat failure who sacrificed the pegasus even though the whole situation was completely avoidable

>red-pill me on battlestar galactica

The writers forgot to finish half of the story.

Watched that episode last night. Holy shit that made me mad. All he had to do was bring his air wing with him and not charge straight into battle like a moron. The Pegasus was infinitely more valuable than the galactica.

post yfw this episode

Not only that the Pegasus could manufacture new Vipers and Raptors

I guess you didn't finish it. Head-6 is his guardian angel, and head-Gaius is Caprica-6's guardian angel.

I don't need to hear any more about the fragile body of Gaius frakking Baltar

I like that his name became a term as satisfying to say as Jesus Christ

Right, but if an angel with a mission gets in someones head it basically the same as being guided by God.

No it's not. You may find the difference negligible but not everyone does

Sorry to offend you Padre. Real theology is probably more specific about it, but I think negligible is the right word for tv sci fi.

Pegasus had to die for plot reasons. Not only is the show called Battlestar Galactica and not Battlestar Pegasus, but the Pegasus allows the fleet to build and repair a bunch of stuff, including new Vipers.

Granted I think it would have been better if the death of the Pegasus was due to a lucky Cylon hit that disabled its jump drive for too long to repair so he deliberately sacrificed it to bring down as many Basestars as he could.

easily solved by renaming pegasus to galactica

I like this user.