How did this series go to shit so quickly?

How did this series go to shit so quickly?

It's such a simple concept

Other urls found in this thread:

planetizen.com/node/90419/auto-companies-prepare-decline-car-ownership
marketwatch.com/story/get-ready-to-share-not-just-the-road-but-the-car-2015-12-14
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if i had to guess i'd say they made too many of them. i havent seen them though. by the 8th movie you're probably scraping the bottom of the barrel.

It was never good.
It only had ironic value. Even when it came out.
I think the bean counters took the sales as general interest.

it gets better the more over the top and self aware it is, plebian

the first one is boring as fuck and generic as fuck, meanwhile the last one is hilarious and like someone let a 8 year old boy write a script

>it gets better the more over the top and self aware it is
t. knucklehead

>OP

3 > 5 > 1 > 2 > 7 > 6 > 4

>3
you're fucking retarded

1 >>>> who cares about the rest

They strayed too far from the original concept. It became a cheap version of 007 of Mission Impossible. But that's understandable from a marketing perspective because younger generations are increasingly indifferent to cars. There's a lot of people well into their 20s who don't even hold a drivers license or don't see any pleasure in driving at all. Last time I planned a road trip with my mates I was talked out of it and we all decided to travel by rail instead. Fuck this gay earth.

You're not the first person I see saying the first film was ironic. I don't get it, was it intending to make a satire of street race culture? It totally flew over my head.

>it's super popular
>so it must be shit

>the worst one is the best one

This is contrarianism manifest

>who cares about the rest
>every sequel has grossed over 100 million

1 = 2 > 3 > haven't even been able to sit through any of the other ones

3 was in 1's face.

These movies are the definition of fun. Hell, I never see things in theaters and I went to go see Furious 7 for that Paul walker sendoff.

I'm willing to make the claim that the Fast and the Furious franchise is the best live action adaptation of an anime in existence.

5>6>>>>>>>2>>>>>>>>>>>

I've only seen the first one. It's one of those films, that although, really retarded and derivative, is actually quite comfy. I rewatch it every couple of years. It reminds me of childhood. I went to see it with family when I was 12. It got me into 'cars', i.e. rice culture and drag racing.

My understanding of the later ones is that they just became more outlandish and started competing with the likes of Transformers for CGI bonanza scenes.

> 5 > 1 > 2 > 7 > 6 > 4

holy shit ,are you me?

You need new friends. My mates jump at the opportunity for a road trip. Also I live in a very quite country and it makes driving my evo extremely fun

Uhh, they've only gotten better with each new entry

One of the few franchises that went from flick to kino

>because younger generations are increasingly indifferent to cars
Literally what? Cars are more popular now than they have been in like 20 years.

No.

planetizen.com/node/90419/auto-companies-prepare-decline-car-ownership

marketwatch.com/story/get-ready-to-share-not-just-the-road-but-the-car-2015-12-14

i am you but stronger

People buying NEW cars and interest in cars and car culture are not the same thing you fucking retarded normie. Stop talking about subcultures you have no idea about.

your a moran, people are driving less

It went from an underground racing scene with common criminals to super spy. I miss the original premise.

What are you even talking about? They are shitty movies but 7 is undeniably entertaining.
7>6>XXX 3> 5 you don't need the rest

1>drift

The others are just different films with the same actors.

>it was never good
>only had ironic value

t.born after 1999

>not realising it's a way of marketing Dungeons & Dragons to plebs
once you realise this they're reasonably good flicks, if only to spot the obvious stereotypical D&D plotlines
>mirror crew
>dom turns evil

Yeah normies driving their toyota minivan to work is going down. Normies buying their shiny new midsized sedan suitable for middle management are down.

Actual car and racing culture is up. Way up.