ITT:

Villains without goals

How long did his age last again?

>There's only one path to peace, The Avenger's extinction
Literally said within 7 minutes of his first appearance.
You should be embarrassed that you can't even follow the plot of a Joss Whedon movie.

He had a goal, it was just a dumb generic one. Would have been better if he didn't have a goal t b h f a m

His goal was to finish what Morgoth had started.

I shouldn't even reply since op doesn't even get simple Marvel movies. But, these guys, why? None of the villains in Star Wars ever have good motivation, like what is it they plan to do once they conquer the galaxy. Get all the chicks?

Nice quip my friend.

Wrong! He wasn't a villain at all

>Goals

Tell me, what goal did the columbine shooters have? or James Holmes or whoever?
Some people just want to fuck shit up, that guy was a robot so who knows how he should behave?

Why didn't he kill Black Widow?

Wasn't he trying to conquer the world or some generic Marvel bullshit like that? Or revenge, the lazy writer's best friend

>absolute control over disparate warring factions thereby bringing about an age of harmony untold in a history spanning back to the genesis of life

yeah cool

>achieve this by torturing a demented hobbit and allowing a demi god to fall to his own corruptions
>also attempt to murder all who oppose him

if he was such a cunning manipulator, why didn't he just sweet talk his way to the top politically? trump can do it, why not the most canny force in existence?

>villain
>without a goal

Considering that most people couldn't figure out Vader's motivation after six fucking movies it's clear that the villains of TFA don't need a motivation at all and the movie will be well received anyway.

So if doomsday won what would he have accomplished? Its not like he could stop him

Everyone sees that you are trying to bate. They also see that you are retarded. Don't ever post again.

Because Pietro and Wanda left him and he wanted an audience.

He is though. The point of watchmen is that he IS the bad guy. He kills an entire city full of people to reach his goal, including two characters you're sort of forced to end up caring about(the newsstand guy, and the black kid reading The Black Freighter). But in the end the audience is convinced that his course of action is sound, and that the ends justify the means. The only one who still looks at Ozy as a monster at the end is the guy who absolutely cannot compromise. Even compassionless blue God man sees his logic and commends him for it, shortly before unmaking the real villain who was ready to undermine the hard won peace.

He would have gathered the Justice League himself and stopped him with the kryptonite, thus becoming world's savior and the Superman

Every superhero movie villain

He prevented the nuclear apocalypse though

But doomsday was capable of easily destroying the planet and probably would've done it straight away after killing superman so I doubt he'd have enough time

>t. hobbit drone

There is literally zero lore to back up Sauron's militaristic motivations that justify his antagonistic approach that can logically be supported by cannon in universe information espoused by Tolkien himself which states that he is an incredibly adept manipulatory spirit

did you just swallow a dictionary in a desperate attempt to not sound like a retard? didn't work btw, that paragraph long sentence was horrible

nice. howsabout replying with an actual viewpoint instead of regurgitating arguments you saw on /r/Sup Forums

Don't be an embarrassment.

I had no idea what the fuck his deal was. It was "something something extinction event something something people have to die for some reason."

>bringing about an age of harmony
I'll take the bait, because I'm a Tolkien autist.

Sauron sought order, and dominion over all things, but not harmony. For our purposes, the two are not synonymous. In a sense, though, he did talk his way to the top. As Annatar, he beguiled a group of Elven smiths, the Gwaith-i-Mírdain, and their captain Celebrimbor, into forging his twenty Rings of Power (Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky, Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone, and so forth).

Let's not forget also that his [former] master was literally disorder and strife made manifest. While

lol dude, your knowledge of the lore is so basic I suggest reading a lotr wiki page if you want a rebuttal
don't reply to me again

You just blow in from Sup Forums?

It's the big evil Mr. Shadow thingy from The Fifth Element if you can't tell.

From what I can tell there really isn't anything to gain from killing Earth, this thing just wants to do it.

What was his motivation?

Destroy the world and bring a new era of perpetual quippening. Scary guy this reddit robot

Right, cool. I see this whenever a tolkienautist weighs in. Plenty of names and history, but basically it boils down to Sauron wanting control over the world. He created the rings of power to exercise his will over the leaders of entire races. He wanted to enforce his beliefs through existing structures. It goes against his ultimate goal of rule and order to wipe out the existing infrastructure of middle earth and replace them with orcs. That's like pouring flesh eating bacteria into a pond of goldfish and claiming ultimate victory and then getting a tattoo that says "supreme leader" as your parents shake their heads in dismay.

>Created to save the planet
>Surfs the internet
>Realises humans are their own worst enemies
>Believes the planet would be better off without them
>Decides to wipe them off and setup a utopia

Thank you this was totally spelled out in the film but I was too lazy to type it

>villain

The movie only had that name because of a prior comic. And this comic isn't even particularly good. The story is completely unrelated, otherwise. In the comic, he actually succeeds in ushering his "age" and conquering everything.

Wait, is the movie Doomsday weak to kryptonite?

>villain
he's not a hero either though.

here's a villain for you

Yep he's kryptonian on the movies, they kill him with kryptonite

I love how Mr Shadow is both a parody and an embodiement of that trope.

It's really just like a story from Moebius.

He didn't have a goal but he had a sweet fucking ass

Sauron isn't a human, his ultimate goal is to unmake all of creation

Doomsday is sort of a slow-motion extinction event, at best. He'd have had time to gather the league.

homie literally was just born, read the entire internet and saw that humans are trash, so he wanted them all dead to create a perfect haven, to start all over.