The fuck did I do?

>the fuck did I do?
What did he mean by this?

they werent talking about chess, they were talking about THEMSELVES

woah.............

I just finished up season 5.

Maybe the quote about chicken nuggets was actually a metaphor about the drug trade...
woah

What did you think of it? Even though it gets a lot of flacks, it was a good wrap up and had some great scenes, i.e. McNulty getting profiled.

Money be green, nigga.

>>Well, if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?

>>Got to. It’s America, man.

>it's a "gangbanging niggers playing chess to imply they're actually intelligent" scene

And that was the line that set the tone for the show.

I actually enjoyed it. I lived in Baltimore for about a year and it was weird to see places that I recognized.

Anyway, the main thing I got from the show was the failings of bureaucracy mixed with corruption. Almost every problem in the show was because of too much bureaucracy. Like when Cutty was trying to open his gym you could see him having to jump through hoops to file paperwork to do so. Or just the fact that they literally had to invent a serial killer just to do police work .

It really did. The entire theme of the show could be summarized as "why are these various systems not run how they should be? Why is everything, from the drug trade to law enforcement to politics and the media filled with such hypocrisy and incompetence?"

Because this is America.

The land of free and home of the brave.

Certainly. The way Stringer got bled by Clay and the rest was hard to watch.

Just git to season 2 this show is quite good desu

Godspeed, user!

>the phone call that saved America from the administrative state

One of my absolute favorite scenes of all time, television wise.

did you watch the scene? The entire point was that the dumb niggers were using chess pieces to play checkers and D'Angelo had to explain it to them

The way blacks behaved in school is pretty much spot on for how they actually act in Baltimore. The only difference is there is no white teacher that comes that gets them interested in learning.

Also, the way the police act is pretty much spot on too. They will not hesitate to hop out of the car and beat the fucking shit out of you for looking at them funny. Run your pockets, steal your money, all that shit.

A lot of the show seemed centered on West Baltimore, which is very rundown and filled with abandoned houses to this day. White people ARE NOT welcome there.

The Wire is one of the most realistic shows out there, even criminals took strategies from it and implemented them irl.

>even criminals took strategies from it and implemented them irl.
wat

>Yo close dat door
Genuinely interested, what did they mean with this? Is it an American thing?

I remember watching either something about The Wire or behind the scenes and they mentioned that the criminals irl learned from the show and even implemented some strategies that Avon used.

>CLOSE DA DOOR
>CLOSE DA DOOR
>CLOSE DA DOOR
>CLOSA DOOR
>CLODOR

Bravo Vince