>GoT ends soon
>Westworld flopped
>Vinyl was a mistake
How can we save HBO?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GvWTKvBuLcc
exiledonline.com/the-horror-of-hbos-girls/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

westworld was pretty popular dude hbo have always done fine and will continue to

HBO is still the best TV network by a mile
noone comes even fucking close

true detective season 3 starring jake gyllenhaal and ryan gosling with a cameo from all right all right all right man and the guy who stuck his face in mammarios asshole

I don't think Westworld flopped. It wasn't as popular as Game of Thrones, but of course not. I'm sure they're prepared to lose subscribers when that show ends.

FX, man.

I'd watch it.

FX has been putting out much better output than HBO for quite a while and Cinemax has done more ballsty stuff too

Needs a setting and I'm sold

>Westworld had better numbers then GOT season 1

>Westworld flopped
stop spreading lies

i'd like a series based on reality, maybe organized crime

I don't care. Just 3rd season of leftovers and they can die.
youtube.com/watch?v=GvWTKvBuLcc

Bring back How to Make It in America. Show was cool as fuck.

>Westworld did not flop and is GoT replacement
>Miniseries (Night Of, Young Pope) have been great
>Forgetting about Leftovers / Veep / Silicon Valley
HBO is doing fine.

I am hype as fuck for this

>mammarios asshole

Already provided

Season 9

>March, 2017
>HBO’s stand-alone digital streaming service has surpassed 2 million domestic subscribers, Time Warner chief Jeff Bewkes told investors Wednesday.

>HBO Now launched in April 2015. Wall Street has been keenly attuned to the pace of subscriber growth for HBO Now as a bellwether of how major media giants will evolve their businesses in the digital era. Bewkes announced the subscriber number during his conference call with analysts following the release of strong fourth-quarter and full-year 2016 earnings.

>“We’re really pleased with the progress” of HBO Now, Bewkes said.

>Related

>Time Warner Earnings Beat Expectations Powered by ‘Westworld,’ ‘Fantastic Beasts’

>Time Warner at the end of 2015 disclosed that HBO Now had hit about 800,000 domestic subscribers. HBO Now is also important to Time Warner as HBO is in the midst of carriage renewal deals with major MVPDs, including the two largest cable operators, Comcast and Charter Communications. Having HBO Now as an alternative option to consumers will help HBO drive a harder bargain on carriage terms. These high-stakes talks also come as Time Warner is in the throes of trying to complete its merger with AT&T, which would put Time Warner’s networks under the same corporate roof as cable rival DirecTV.

>HBO Now marks the first time consumers have had the option of buying HBO without taking any other pay-TV package. HBO has lined up heavy-hitters in the digital arena to help distribute and market the service, with Bewkes touting the gains driven by partnerships struck last year with Amazon, Microsoft’s Xbox, Samsung and PlayStation Vue.

Is it true that HBO Now doesn't let you watch a live feed of the network? I subscribe through Amazon Prime.

HBO will announce GoT sequels and prequels before end of season 8. They are fine.

Fake. I have it and i used to watch GOT on my laptop a couple times at the same time the episodes aired for the first time.

I knew you could do that, but I mean, is there a live feed that you can watch whenever you want, or is it only for new episodes of shows?

>tfw the young pope is hbo's savior unironically

Full episodes are uploaded to HBO Now as soon as they start airing on HBO.

>Westworld flopped
It was pretty successful for a first season.

>How can we save HBO?
Give up this meme that they need to have a flagship Game of Thrones-type show, and just let them put out a variety of quality content.

I heard they are making BLACKED into a tv show, just stretching out the story and cutting out the penetration

This. I just finished episode 9, and this is the best season of television that I have ever watched so far. Television has been pretty good at making dark, nihilistic series in recent years. Mad Men, the Sopranos, the Wire, etc. are all some of the best shows to ever air yet have had very dark themes with very little hope to be found in them. In contrast the endings of episodes 8 and 9 of the Young Pope made me feel a deep spiritual calm and joyfulness that seems to be much harder to portray on television. I'm starting episode 10 right now and will be back to visit the thread after, but so far this series has been beautiful in the truest sense of the word.

westworld sucked

Get ready for adaptation-kino

How can the other channels even compete?

>In contrast the endings of episodes 8 and 9 of the Young Pope made me feel a deep spiritual calm and joyfulness
*tips fedora

>Westworld flopped

Series 2 coming this year.

You know, I bet if they made the original series and film easily and legally accessible here in America, they'd make a lot of money.

The Night Of was great,no need to save it

Sounds gay but it's exactly how it makes you feel. It's palpable.

To all the people that are saying Westworld isn't a flop,I am honestly asking,where do they go from here? They already made hosts self aware and there was a mutiny. What will they do for the next 4 seasons? Also I really dislike the fact they denied that William was MIB and it turned out to be true and they are acting like nobody saw it coming.

Supposedly Pizza is writing a Perry Mason-style courtroom drama series for HBO.

Why does a network with such patrician shows always play such shitty movies? "The Legend of Tarzan", "Suicide Squad". I don't want this. Show me some arthouse shit.

Screw HBO, FX is the king now. Brilliant TV such as Always Sunny, The Americans and Fargo put it leagues ahead of HBO's poor shows.

I strongly doubt it.

I have been saying for years that if they aired 2 episodes a week after GoT it would be wildly successful. Follow it up with a limited theatrical rerelease of End of Evangelion

Season 9 of Curb

HBO really fucked up Westworld. It has potential but that first season really isn't helping.

>Do the first in a formula that can't be sustained for more than one season
>Ends up being more like a mini-series than the beginning of their next huge "epic" show
>Season ends in the most predictable and bland fashion it possibly could have, anyone with a brain knew this from episode 1
>The first 5 episodes are literally all exposition
>Season 2 is still over a year away

A lot of this could just be cus it's the first season and is working a lot of it's kinks. But some issues are too large to blame on execution issues. Some of the writing was so hackneyed and cliched that I don't know if it'll be able to correct course. I guess we'll see.

The Leftovers and The Young Pope shit all over any television show currently airing

I'd like to see this show, but I don't pirate, so I'm waiting for someone to sell it legally here. Maybe I wouldn't enjoy it. I don't know much about anime, but I'm watching Cowboy Bebop now and I think it's just okay.

its because they combined sci fi written by a Nolan with jew jews hack mystery box bullshit

>Girls is ending this year

HBO better have a new show in the works for us girls, otherwise they're gonna lose a lot of subscribers once this series is over

Good riddance

>Lena Dunham is getting hosannas from critics for exposing her nude doughy depressing body in humiliating ways throughout the show—makes it all so “real,” somehow. They’re all calling Dunham “the voice of her generation,” and maybe she’s the body of her generation too.

exiledonline.com/the-horror-of-hbos-girls/

First I'm even hearing of those two shows. They don't look that good.

You're using that meme wrong my friend.

I'm glad we don't have to rely on HBO for the best in television anymore.

We have Twin Peaks, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Bates Motel, The Americans, Samurai Jack, Prison Break, Legion, The Leftovers

So many great series. If Hannibal comes back 2017 will be the Golden Age.

I wouldnt expect someone who watches trash like Sunny to know about pure telekino

It's more like an arthouse film than action show like beebop. It's honestly not too accessable for a lot of people but I would still recommend it to anyone who calls themselves a fan of cinema

If you're not memeing, I'd like to know why you think Sunny is trash, without using any buzzwords

>Leftovers S2
>Vice Principles S2
>haven't got round to Young Pope yet, but it sounds good
>Big Little Lies
>Room 104
>cautiously optimistic about The Deuce

and thats just HBO

The Americans, Inside No. 9 and other stuff like Twin Peaks is back too

TV's looking cool this year

But but I like always sunny and love the young pope and the leftovers

Is "Ballers" popular, The Rock is pretty cool, I watched an episode, but I don't give a single shit about Football so I dropped it.

How did Westworld flop? It was more successful than GOT's first season. HBO still has amazing shows on the side like the Young Pope and The Leftovers

Next year buddy.

>HBO
>Patrician after Sopranos and The wire ended
Nope. Only good series they are airing is The Leftovers and hardly anybody watches it.

ballers is surprisingly good

i dont even like football and i enjoy it.

They are airing the Young Pope, by far the best television of the decade.

Season 2 was a massive improvement once they figured out Entourage wasn't the ideal to shoot for.

middle earth high fantasy gritty tv show is inevitable $$$

Not that guy, but you can't tell me that Sunny hasn't been on a steady decline for at least 5 seasons now.

Vice Principals any good?

fuckin hilarious

walton goggins kills me in this

I enjoyed Eastbound and Down, and I liked Goggins in The Shield but I can't imagine him in a funny role but I'll check it out

But westworld had better ratings that GoT and is an infinitely better show

>westworld flopped
kek

I didn't expect him being that funny after watching The Shield either, but he nails the role.

>GoT past season 3

>can't imagine him in a funny role

Not him user. You have to watch Vice Principals. He's hilarious in it but I knew he could be funny from Justified, which you should also watch.

Westworld didn't flop but I am kinda concerned because where do you go from here? It's going to get too big and convoluted kinda like how matrix was good but the next two got out of control.

>season 4 isn't the best season

I'll check it out, I just started Boardwalk Empire a few days ago so I'll run through VP when I'm finished.

I've actually never heard anything about Justified, but I remember seeing commercials on it when I used to watch Sons of Anarchy.

>Westworld flopped
doubt.jpg

OP BTFO

I think Big Little Lies is supposed to do that, at least for the older demos.

I'll miss the shit out of Girls though, and I'm a heterosexual male

Honestly hope it gets a 1-2 season reboot with a new cast, maybe with some cameos from the current one.

BLL sucks a lot off asscheeks

>>Westworld flopped
lol

Also HBO still shits on all the rest of networks really hard

/TWoT/

But it will never happen, sadly.

>>Vinyl was a mistake
ITS NOT FAIR!
I WANTED MORE!

I hate how they cancelled Vinyl. I loved it :-(

>Also HBO still shits on all the rest of networks really hard

This, The Young Pope is the best show of the 2010s

>Westworld flopped
it certainly wasn't GoT 2.0 like they were hoping but it did pretty well

>Westworld flopped
OP shouldn't have 68 replies to a thread based on a wholly flawed submission

>Westworld flopped

GREIGHT BEIGHT MEIGHT I REIGHT EIGHT/EIGHT

>G U A R A N T E E D R E P L I E S

what is it that makes it so good?

people keep saying "oh it's the absolute best" without any arguments

We don't. The CW is the reigning king now, baby.

Literally this thread only needed the first post and we could have moved on

Yeah, but that's like.. not true..

what the fuck does that adolescent-bait heap of trash have? fucking Vampire Diaries?

I just want The Brink back for season 2.

Perfomances, characterization, photography, dialogue and themes

>n-not argument
What are you shilling? FX is shit and Netflix is "why do I still have this thing again?" tier bad

The only good show they have that I'm aware of is Penn and Teller: Fool Us

The whole point of Westworld is the robots going out of control and killing the guests in a rampage. The fact that they managed to make such compelling and complex personal stories with plenty of twists and surprises to accompany the lead up to the uprising was formidable.

S2 is going to be really interesting to see where they will head up next.

Yes it is. Look at FX

>Dramas
American Horror Story (2011) A-
The Americans (2013) A+++
Fargo (2014) A++
The Strain (2014) C-
American Crime Story (2016) A+++
Taboo (2017) B
Legion (2017) B-/C+
Feud (2017) A-

>Comedies
Louie (2010) A+++
Baskets (2016) A
Atlanta (2016) A+++
Better Things (2016) B

HBO
>Dramas
Game of Thrones (2011) B-
The Leftovers (2014) A+++++
Westworld (2016) B+

>Comedies
Curb Your Enthusiasm (2000) A+++
The Comeback (2005) A
Girls (2012) F
Veep (2012) A
Silicon Valley (2014) A
Ballers (2015) B
Vice Principals (2016) A++
High Maintenance (2016) ?
Divorce (2016) D
Insecure (2016) A
Tracey Ullman's Show (2016) D
Crashing (2017) FFFFFFUCK JUDD APATOW

>Miniseries
Big Little Lies (2017) F
Animals. FFFFFUCK JUDD APATOW

HBO's Drama have gone to complete shit. They need to fire everyone in HBO development I swear to god.

You complain about performances, characterization and dialogue on a show which has 3 of the most outstanding comedy actors, characters who have grown immensely for the past 12 years and dialogue which has so much thought put into it that other comedies look like amateur short films made by children

Yeah, you've never watched the show.

I wasn't complaining, I was saying those were the strongest points of TYP. What are you talking about?

you forgot Justified