Disney's tokenism backfires

bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39194557

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f6qDPCh33fg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

now they can spend more time standing in line for bread.

wasted quints

>dood beastiality lmao

wtf were they thinking?

4 u

Dude political bait thread lmao. You anti sjws are the same thing as sjws. You are basically retarded ruskies.

More like
>дьюд фaггoтc лмao

I'd be happy to see the movie fail. How's it doing?

this

childhood is thinking progressive and diverse america is the hero, adulthood is realizing traditionalist and conservative valued russia is the real good guy

Real talk, has anyone actually seen this alleged "gay" stuff in the movie? Or is it just subtext because Le Fou was always super into Gaston so they're playing it up as a gay attraction to garner media hype?

LeFou has a more obvious crush on Gaston and he dances with another man romantically at the end.

That's it. That's all it is.

I still doesn't make anti-sjw more anoying than sjw. Sup Forumsbots and all like them are pure cancer

why does beast look like wow character

>josh gad's neck is thicker than gaston's
Abhorrent.

>You anti sjws are the same thing as sjws

muh horseshoe theory

can you possibly even be more retarded?

Whoa... An MS Paint comic. I-I-I can't argue against that!

wtf? I LOVE subhuman russians now

>I-I-I can't argue against that!
Apparently.

Can Russians even afford to go to the kinoplex with all the sanctions now?

>Cari g about what happens in some backwater third-world shithole

wtf i think beauty and the beast is a flop now

Good

It's gay propaganda

Kek, fucking Russia
Because of the gay?

Lol you btfo'd yourself... fucking cucks man

this isn't an argument though? I was agreeing with him

Checked.
Now this isn't as impressive, but check these dubs.

youtube.com/watch?v=f6qDPCh33fg
it's pretty bad. I wouldn't take my child to see it

Why are people butthurt about this? Russia doesn't allow homosexual propoganda

Fun Kino Fact: Almost all contemporary Steven Seagal movies are shot in Russia and other Eastern European countries as money laundering operations for gangsters/government officials.

People don't give a shit about this. It's a blink and you'll miss it joke.

Disney however have a lot to gain by marketing their CONTROVERSIAL, HATED BY THE RUSSIANS film.

Why do you think so many news outlets reported on such a minor issue all at the same time? It's because they've been fed the story.

WTF I love commies now

It's pretty clear from all the available clips and audio that Gad plays Lefou unambiguously as a huge stereotypical flaming homo, but from what I understand there's not going to be an explicit reference to him being gay.

That's no MS Paint. You've spent too much time here lol

Russia's a tiny market, so nobody gives a shit about offending them.

China on the other hand is a completely different story. Hollywood goes out of its way to appease Beijing.

China aren't fucking stupid though, they outright encourage Hollywood to include progressive tokenism believing it'll eventually weaken the west yet outright ban it in their own films.

>Hollywood goes out of its way to appease Beijing.
To be fair to them, Beijing's ruled over by money-grubbing capitalists who pretend to be left-wing to make themselves look and feel good. I'm not surprised Hollywood looks to them and sees a kindred spirit.

Yeah, cus Russia is an important market.
I'm sure Disney is weeping all the way to the bank.

>Sup Forums complains constantly about how the left is too "triggered" by everything and wants to censor anything it finds offensive
>literally supports an authoritarian government which restricts free speech

Really makes you ponder.

Contrarianism is the lifeblood of this site, familamidingdong.

Le Fou rapes Gaston because of a lifetime of suppressed desire and oppression. It's actually very sad.

Sup Forums hates a monolithic standard you HAVE to adhere to

Anyhow the whole "You support free speech but xyz!!!!" is stupid. Absolute free speech isn't possible, free speech is inherently paradoxical.

The most obvious example is as follows: one person is speaking, two other people shout so loud it is impossible for anyone to hear the first person. This is free speech in action yet person 1 has basically been silenced.

Kek

>Sup Forums hates a monolithic standard you HAVE to adhere to
What you mean like a standard a government imposes on you?

> Absolute free speech isn't possible
Never mind, I don't waste time with totalitarians. Enjoy your government censure.

We need to go deeper

>tokenism
Did you even watch the animated movie?

I said nothing wrong. Put twitter and tumblr comments next to Sup Forums ones and they are the same crying cancer. You sound like bitter roasties.

Come on now I'm an independent who elected trump and I can see this

>Put twitter and tumblr comments next to Sup Forums ones and they are the same crying cancer.

Can you actually explain your reasoning for this other than "I get triggered by both" ????

>Sup Forums hates a monolithic standard you HAVE to adhere to

That was imposed by the people though.

nice

>Sup Forums hates forced in your face SJW shit
>Russian slightly bumped up the ratings due to an instance of it
>THEREFORE Sup Forums ARE RUSSIANS AND NAZIS

Your logic.

As a brit, the whole Russian boogeyman thing in the US is comical. Not to mention the way people have had to do 180s on issues to support this.

>Assange is a hero, the Brits should let him go as he is a hero! Fuck the smear campaign
>He released embarassing info on Hilary? HE IS A RUSSIAN SPY AND I NOW TOTALLY BELIEVE HE IS A RAPIST NOW

people that get triggered by people getting triggered are a common problem that needs to be united against.

>Can you actually explain your reasoning for this other than "I get triggered by both" ????
I read things online all over the internet and baka

>backfires

As if Russians wouldn't just watch the bootleg camrip in the first place

Now that you mention it, people that get triggered by people getting triggered really really bothers me. On a deep emotional level.

Half way through the movie, Le Fou and Gaston kiss and then stare into the camera, saying "homosexuals should be allowed to adopt children"

You mean Sup Forums is a contrarian bunch of morons.

>As a brit, the whole Russian boogeyman thing in the US is comical
American here. Most Americans don't think this way. It seems more that politicians are trying to make Russia a scapegoat (which they've done in the past, successfully I might add); just this time it isn't working. Even the anti-trump people don't really believe it.

Why does Sup Forums think their speech is restricted? They can go outside and scream "KILL ALL NIGGERS GAYS AREN'T PEOPLE", no one will arrest them or send them to a camp.

People might beat the shit out of them, but that's their right to do that. They can beat the shit out of people they disagree with any day; they just choose not to.

is there actually a scene where it fucks her?

>The rest of the cast includes Ewan McGregor, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Kevin Kline and Stanley Tucci.
>Gugu Mbatha-Raw

Have diversity hirings gone so wrong that they're literally casting fucking space aliens?

yes she communes with the horned beast and leader of the self aware slave mechanizations right in the opening act.

I wish we could take them both and put them on an island so they would leave normal people alone

When Gaston falls off the castle in the end, it is revealed that Lefou is reclining in the bottom of the chasm with a sizeable erection. Gaston falls ass-first onto Lefou's cock, and there's 20-30 minutes of uninterrupted pumping and grunting whilst John Legend and Ariana Grande sing the film's theme on a loop. It cuts to black when Gaston's virgin butthole finally snaps Lefou's frenulum.

How is giving a shitty Disney movie a 16+ rating "restricting freedom of speech", faggot?

>Responding to "offensive" ideas with violence

Typical ape mentality.
Funny how when this happens to blacks, gays, trannies, OWS-tards, etc., it's a "hate crime", not a "you had it coming!" instance.

Not really, in Russia people must see taboo things like pidors to learn to accept them instead of being a bunch of insecure faggots

We can all see that.

Bet you anything that Trump will tweet something negative about it now.

I am actually wondering how this film is gonna fare now.

How well-accepted is LGBT? I know in metropolitan areas (which are usually liberal), it's no problem, but what about the rest of the US? Is it just a vocal minority amongst demographics that's pro-LGBT? Or is the vast majority of US inhabitants not cool with it?

RUSSIA STRONK

how can your weak countries even compete?

He was accused of being a rapist way before Trump even thought about running. And it's not hypocrisy. If you trust a guy who turns out to be shady later on and change your mind, you haven't contradicted yourself. Only in politics is accepting new information in order to form a more accurate world view looked down upon.

>Most Americans don't think this way.

You're incorrect.

First Post

Best Post

Quints Post

BASED Russians
FUCK homosexuals, they need to be rounded up and burned

>pressure on sessions
>comes out that Trump was under surveillance because his private server in Trump tower was communicating with a Russian bank
>suddenly Vault7 is released which casts mistrust in a major intelligence agency

I guess there will be a wikileak every time the scrutiny on agent orange is too much

According to latest statistics, it's around 60% who think gay marriage should be legal and about 10% more who think that gay relationships shouldn't be illegal.

xD

Vocal fly over states don't interest me but honestly, neither of us can be certain...

What does the remaining 30% say?

Really? I'm seeing a ridiculous amount of legit Russophobia by the left theses days, which is ironically hilarious.

Impressive, very nice.

Less bread is good.

The CIA regularly infects the bread supply with homosexual bacteria intended to corrupt the noble Russian spirit.

Russia is not a big market.

Only Sup Forumsshits obsess over it because they're retards who fell for Putin's propaganda of the non-degenerate white country. Pathetic.

>You Christians are exactly the same as muslims lmao

>You jacobins are basically the same as royalists lmao

>You heterosexuals are basically the same as homosexuals lmao

>you girls are basically the same as boys lmao

>you republicans are basically the same as democrats lmao

Honestly pretty reddit tier thinking if you think any of these are some how useful or interesting observations or actually think the two things that 'are the same lmao' are actually the same.

>Meanwhile MSM publishes articles detailing unbelievable claims about Putin and Russia on the hour every hour
Yes, but its Sup Forums that is obsessed!

Dude plasma is basically the anti-solid, they're the same thing lmao.

gugu mbatha raw is miles hotter than emma watson

>Bestiality with a water buffalo, a emotional abuse, and Stockholm syndrome being passed off as true love are all fine but a comic relief character dancing with a man for a couple seconds is a moral outrage

Right wingers are weird.

Oh no, not the Russian box office.

Does anyoone else finds funny that a pro-zoophilic movie only gets a 16+ in russia when they show a fag?

Russians are fucking animals.

This is the first I've heard of this and from the description in the article, it sounds like it adds nothing to the story. There's nothing wrong with adding a gay character to a classic story if that adds an interesting new aspect to the story, but if you just add one to get attention, you're exploiting homosexuality for money. All this 'all-female reboot', 'Hermione was black!', bullshit is upsetting NOT because it's bad to have diversity in a story, but because it's bad to USE diversity just to get attention. The whole point of promoting diversity was originally to enrich art/workplaces/whatever by exploring new views and life experiences that might enhance the existing culture. Instead diversity itself has become the end. Producers just drop in a gay character and call it a day. It's a cynical and awful trend.

>if that adds an interesting new aspect to the story
It does. Now that fat midget won't be a forgettable waste of space.

But will he be memorable because he's an interesting character, or because he's gay?

Who cares?

Not you obviously. Have fun watching the pretty colors flash on the big screen.

ironically accusing normal people tired of forced outrage over identity politics of secretly being the ideological opposite is what SJWs do too

both of you pathetic retards never actually debate each other but just accuse random people tired of your droning on or completely innocuous media of being marxist/racist

Its a nod to the gay community, which in itself is an ok gesture. I find it agreeable, as it suits LeFou's existing character, and isnt an "in-your-face" type of thing, at least not in the movie itself.